Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: No News is Good News

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Please Jesus no Ceci... haha.

I do wonder if the Sens would want someone to take Ceci along with Dzingel, cheap bastard that Melnyk is.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Well, we didnt get him, so I guess it doesnt matter if Chiarelli was involved or not. Ill judge based on the outcome, which is that we didnt get him. Chiarelli was also the one who put us in cap jail

Uh no its not lol. Nino is actually a positive contributor in both ends of the ice, posting some very solid possession metrics, and 40-45 points is nothing to sneeze at. RNH is a 6M player and posts only slightly better numbers for 6M. Give me those contracts all day. They arent cheap, but its not like Lucic getting paid 6M or Russell getting 4 m. We also have around 6 M of completely wasted cap on non NHLers
Nuge has 45 points already and plenty of games to go not similar

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
With chia supposedly trying to get Ceci when he was shopping hall, I really hope this isn't another case of him chasing a player like with Manning.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Brian Burke on Oilers Now today said he doesn’t think Talbot has a tradable contract given his inconsistent play and salary. I have thought the same thing and we need a two goalies for a playoff drive given how inconsistent both have been this year.
I never thought we would get much for him, but salary tends to not matter much on an expiring contract at deadline day by that time he'll be owed slightly less than $1M which isn't terribly difficult to fit and his current save percentage is identical to Tommy Salo when he was traded, I have more confidence in Talbot playing well than I did in Tommy Salo who seemed to be a broken man, though I believe Forsberg's closeness to Salo played some role in that trade..

Given how this team has played this year if we squeak in all I expect is a spanking in the first round of the playoffs, I'd prefer asset accumulation + Chia getting fired and then building a proper team out of the ashes (a team that has a chance at winning a Cup).

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
This. Athanasiou is interesting but I wouldn’t go above a 2nd and maybe a small plus in the form of a prospect like Graham McPhee.
If your 2nd round pick became Athanasiou you'd be thrilled with it. He's 24 years old. Clearly has more value then a 2nd rounder and a C prospect.

Not saying I like the value of our 1st rounder for him either, but it's probably more in the middle. Maybe the 1st works if you can get Nyquist too. I think two 2nd's for Athanasiou is about right.

Reactions: Homesick

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I never thought we would get much for him, but salary tends to not matter much on an expiring contract at deadline day by that time he'll be owed slightly less than $1M which isn't terribly difficult to fit and his current save percentage is identical to Tommy Salo when he was traded, I have more confidence in Talbot playing well than I did in Tommy Salo who seemed to be a broken man, though I believe Forsberg's closeness to Salo played some role in that trade..

Given how this team has played this year if we squeak in all I expect is a spanking in the first round of the playoffs, I'd prefer asset accumulation + Chia getting fired and then building a proper team out of the ashes (a team that has a chance at winning a Cup).

I feel the exact same way, but unfortunately with Chia at the helm and Katz likely wanting a playoff push I don't see that happening.

space321

May 11, 2011
If your 2nd round pick became Athanasiou you'd be thrilled with it. He's 24 years old. Clearly has more value then a 2nd rounder and a C prospect.

Not saying I like the value of our 1st rounder for him either, but it's probably more in the middle. Maybe the 1st works if you can get Nyquist too. I think two 2nd's for Athanasiou is about right.

Athanasiou has more value than Hall at the same age apparently, man this team painted itself into a corner lol

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

If we are in a playoff fight I want the playoff fight and meaningful games. We’ve had too many years of asset accumulation and this team normally cannot identify good assets and when they do they rush them and ruin said assets. The core of the team needs the meaningful playoff fight games to grow.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Everyone saddle up for Puljujarvi for Cody Ceci

I cant wait for another 2 years of Oiler fans defending Cody Ceci to the death as theyve done for Larsson

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Adding Anathasiou/Dzingle and Wood would make the Oilers the fastest team in the league, no?

wtf haha? The Oilers are one of the slowest and slowest paced teams in the NHL. Wed be average if we added the 5 fastest players in the league

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Everyone saddle up for Puljujarvi for Cody Ceci

I cant wait for another 2 years of Oiler fans defending Cody Ceci to the death as theyve done for Larsson

Larsson is a perfectly fine top 4, and occasionally even a top pair stay at home dman. The only reason anyone feels the need to defend him is because morons are constantly ripping him for not being something he never was and likely never will be.

It's not his fault chia traded Taylor Hall for him, people need to get over that.

Larsson would have a spot on any team in the NHL, and is on a very nice deal to boot.

space321

May 11, 2011
Larsson is a perfectly fine top 4, and occasionally even a top pair stay at home dman. The only reason anyone feels the need to defend him is because morons are constantly ripping him for not being something he never was and likely never will be.

It's not his fault chia traded Taylor Hall for him, people need to get over that.

Larsson would have a spot on any team in the NHL, and is on a very nice deal to boot.

Larsson's pretty meh nowadays. His deal is average at best and overpaid at worst.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Larsson's pretty meh nowadays. His deal is average at best and overpaid at worst.

Well thought out argument here for attempting to bash one of our few top 4 Dmen. Nothing more statistical and damning than being "Meh" right?

His numbers are par for his career this season. His play is elevated by klefbom, just like the rest of our D, so hes going to look off some nights when having to be the main fixture of a pair rather than the compliment.
He is making 3 million a year, that is an absolute steal for a top 4 Dman in todays NHL.

I'm disgusted how quickly this fanbase turns on players for no good reason. Larsson is not the problem with this group, he is a step in the right direction. Once people grow up and realize he's not going to be our taylor hall of D, they might be able to see that. I'm so sick of people trashing players because chia overpaid them.

I swear this place won't be completely happy until everyone on this team is a ppg player making league minimum.

Reactions: Ck1, TB12 and LTIR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad