Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: No News is Good News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Puljujarvi and Benning for Athanasiou and a 3rd/4th

Sekera, Spooner, Bear, 1st, conditional 2nd for Stone (signs 9M per)

This might actually fit under the cap next year. If Sekera can stay on LTIR for the duration of his deal he'd actually have some value to Ottawa.

Athanasiou McDavid Drai
Lucic RNH Stone

Powerplay would be dynomite with McDavid, Drai, RNH, Stone, and one of Bouchard/Klef/Nurse

Would you do Puljujarvi, 1st, Manning, Kassian for Athanasiou, Mantha and De La Rose?

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Miles Wood came to mind for me as well. I really hope its not him.

In terms of preference from the names listed

AA > Ritchie > Wood > Ceci

Ceci with a QO of 4 million is makes him that much more less desireable. Hes a 2.5m dplayer and will likely make close to 4.5m :O
Finally Chia acquires his sexy player!

Reactions: A91

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
What do you mean? I never said it's easier for him to put up points on a bad team. It takes talent to produce in the NHL no matter what position you're in.

However, that does mean some players will have "career years" on a bad team. I'm just saying Athanasiou might not be the solution to our top line winger problems. Remember our young guys like Cogliano, Gagner, Nilsson? They produced when given ice time, but it turned out they weren't the top line players like we thought.

I'm not sure any of those guys played top line ice time and posted top line production in the process.

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008
Ceci is so bad, go take a look at the Sens board to see their opinions of him. And I fully expect Chiarelli to pay an absurdly disproportionate asking price for him.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Ceci is so bad, go take a look at the Sens board to see their opinions of him. And I fully expect Chiarelli to pay an absurdly disproportionate asking price for him.
His nickname is Caca Peepee. It blows my mind that people are honestly discussing trading for him.

space321

May 11, 2011
I'm not sure any of those guys played top line ice time and posted top line production in the process.

It's just an example. Don't take it so literally.

I mean I just don't feel like trading a 1st round pick for Athanasiou is a good idea.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Miles Wood came to mind for me as well. I really hope its not him.

In terms of preference from the names listed

AA > Ritchie > Wood > Ceci

Ceci with a QO of 4 million is makes him that much more less desireable. Hes a 2.5m dplayer and will likely make close to 4.5m :O

Wood is actually a guy I’d like us to target. Just certainly not for the 1st

Reactions: The Hound

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wood is actually a guy I’d like us to target. Just certainly not for the 1st

Seems like a modern day winger version of Marchant. All that speed, but lack of skill/finish ability. He might be overpaid, but I'd definitely swap him for Spooner :)

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Adding Anathasiou/Dzingle and Wood would make the Oilers the fastest team in the league, no?

Last edited:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
That Strome trade was stupid, the Cagguila trade even stupider. Waiting to see what stupidest is for this year.
Cagguila was a f***ing nightmare that was usually on his ass when the opposition scored. (and has done zero since the trade). Still, why Brandon Manning?
He took a chance with the Spooner/Strome flip and failed. At the time I could see his reasoning for the move but its another miss(among many)

I want Chia gone but not at the expense of missing the playoffs and all you have to do is get in at a hot time

Reactions: North

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Cagguila was a ****ing nightmare that was usually on his ass when the opposition scored. (and has done zero since the trade). Still, why Brandon Manning?
He took a chance with the Spooner/Strome flip and failed. At the time I could see his reasoning for the move but its another miss(among many)

I want Chia gone but not at the expense of missing the playoffs and all you have to do is get in at a hot time

Chicago sees enough in him to have him playing with Kane now.

Last edited:

Dohilers

Dec 18, 2011
BC
I also have a feeling Talbot ends up in Buffalo for one of their 1st’s. But who knows how Chia will handle it.
That's... optimistic. Petr Mrazek, who is 5 years younger, was a pending RFA and put up better numbers than Talbot in the two most recent seasons only fetched Detroit two conditional picks last season (became a 3rd in 2018 for Philly making the playoffs and Mrazek winning at least 5 regular season games for them, and a 3rd in 2019 for re-signing with Philly in the offseason). Best case would have been the 2018 3rd becoming a 2nd if he met the previous conditions and Philly made it to the conference finals with Mrazek winning at least 6 playoff games. Worst case would have been just a 4th in 2018 if Philly missed the playoffs and he didn't re-sign.

I'd put the Mrazek return as the high mark for the return in a Talbot trade. Realistic return is probably less.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Cagguila was a ****ing nightmare that was usually on his ass when the opposition scored. (and has done zero since the trade). Still, why Brandon Manning?

Yeah I’m not the biggest Cagguila fan and he was not strong in his end or consistent with his play but to bring in another 6/7 D when we need F speaks only to that Hitch didn’t like the player.

Strome Spooner I get the rationale but Chia in his interview felt Marody could take on tbe 3C role and I was - whaaat? Marody has an NHL head for the game but not NHL boots. Now we are looking for a 3C.

Neither trade looks particularly brilliant now.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Well, we didnt get him, so I guess it doesnt matter if Chiarelli was involved or not. Ill judge based on the outcome, which is that we didnt get him. Chiarelli was also the one who put us in cap jail

Uh no its not lol. Nino is actually a positive contributor in both ends of the ice, posting some very solid possession metrics, and 40-45 points is nothing to sneeze at. RNH is a 6M player and posts only slightly better numbers for 6M. Give me those contracts all day. They arent cheap, but its not like Lucic getting paid 6M or Russell getting 4 m. We also have around 6 M of completely wasted cap on non NHLers

Still, you can’t complain we didn’t get him when we have literally nothing of interest to a team we are in a dogfight for a playoff spot with.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I also have a feeling Talbot ends up in Buffalo for one of their 1st’s. But who knows how Chia will handle it.

Brian Burke on Oilers Now today said he doesn’t think Talbot has a tradable contract given his inconsistent play and salary. I have thought the same thing and we need a two goalies for a playoff drive given how inconsistent both have been this year.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015

I liked him when he’d play like a poor mans Parise, only problem was it happened every 30 games. Manning is so, so bad though. Already hated among fans and brings absolutely nothing.

Reactions: Aerrol and Homesick

North

Jun 25, 2009
It's just an example. Don't take it so literally.

I mean I just don't feel like trading a 1st round pick for Athanasiou is a good idea.

This. Athanasiou is interesting but I wouldn’t go above a 2nd and maybe a small plus in the form of a prospect like Graham McPhee.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I liked him when he’d play like a poor mans Parise, only problem was it happened every 30 games. Manning is so, so bad though. Already hated among fans and brings absolutely nothing.
Exactly. Playing like a decent NHL'er was are for him. So sick of the hype from these draft picks and college signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->