Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: No News is Good News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I don't think he fabricates things. Friedman backpedaling a bit on the availability of Puljujarvi too now.

Ri2KNiT.png

"Win Now; trade JP" mode:
Lowe
MacT
Katz
W. Gretzky

"Patience with JP" mode:
Nicholson
K. Gretzky

Chiarelli? On the fence, leaning towards "win now" to save his job.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I don't think he fabricates things. Friedman backpedaling a bit on the availability of Puljujarvi too now.

Ri2KNiT.png

Guys like Elliotte Friedman are in the business of trafficking rumors. Let's face it, no one really tunes in to him for his hockey analysis. So it's only natural that he makes more of things than they really are. I've mentioned here a few times that I have a friend who is extremely tied in to the business side of the NHL, and the amount of stuff that gets discussed between GMs and agents is pretty surprising. If you're tied in and you reported on even a fraction of the things you hear, you'd have a 31 Thoughts blog just like Elliotte, who no doubt has a number of lines from people like my friend.

I take guys like Nielson more seriously, whose job doesn't depend on generating rumors. He may also have a line to the Oilers' communications department, which probably receives reliable information before anyone outside the executive offices. (I've always suspected that SpeedyTurtle was a comms. person. Just a feeling.)

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Leafs are in win now mode, they aren't selling off Kapanen for futures so I highly doubt the Oilers are players with Puljujarvi and the 1st being their only assets of value.
They will likely deal him with an add for a top 4 Dman so unless they're willing to part with Nurse, the Oilers are likely out of it and LOL at the Benning+ proposal. Really?

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
I’m not taking on Zaitsev without Lucic going the other way.
Might be the price to pay to get Kapanen without giving up any prime assets.. could see Tor having interest in Talbot with Anderson injury issues .. unfortunate part is that Zaitzev would be # #4/5 on this defence.. over paid sure .. but if Tor retained 1 mill

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
toronto should be asking for kassian, they are a weak team and will get bullied in the playoffs

North

Jun 25, 2009
Might be the price to pay to get Kapanen without giving up any prime assets.. could see Tor having interest in Talbot with Anderson injury issues .. unfortunate part is that Zaitzev would be # #4/5 on this defence.. over paid sure .. but if Tor retained 1 mill

Zaitsev is horrible and horribly overpaid. Retaining on him doesn’t make him more attractive. Just another anchor we’d be taking on.

Reactions: A91

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I actually think Chia still has faith in JP.

I think he'll do everything to upgrade the wings without moving JP unless it's an absolute player he has to have. But he is in "save job" mode so he's the wildcard-lol.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I would love if we could get Zuccarello for a 2nd + a prospect. I would definitely not trade Puju or the 1st for rentals, so that would good, safe deal.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Per Friedman Chiarelli is interested in Mats Zuccarello and Michael Ferland.

Pretty good targets if you ask me. Not because of the players themselves, but because of the direction. Upgrade the team slightly for a playoff run without gutting our future (Pulju, Yama, 1st). Both these guys should cost 2nd + B Prospect at most.

Ferland should add some depth and I think Zuccarello would be a great fit with Nuge on the 2nd line.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think two buy low candidates that we should be looking at is Maroon and Josh Ho-Sang. We could probably get Maroon for futures and JHS for a 3rd or lower.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I think two buy low candidates that we should be looking at is Maroon and Josh Ho-Sang. We could probably get Maroon for futures and JHS for a 3rd or lower.

I don't think either of them will amount to much. I would rather package a 2nd for Zucc or something.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I'm totally against rentals for this team unless they're firmly in a spot at the deadline.

These two would be of interest however if we are in a position to buy
Hmm. I think getting a rental slightly earlier would help us to get into that playoff position. If a rental is the difference between a wild card spot and missing the playoffs, I’ll take the rental any day.

Reactions: ujju2 and Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Would you be interested in Zucc/Ferland? What would you give up for either of them?

I'm a bit surprised Chiarelli is interested in Zucc as he seems too soft for a Chia target (but he also got Spooner lol), but I'd prefer Zucc. Better skater and more skill with the puck imo. Probably more expensive though. 2nd plus Lagesson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad