Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: No News is Good News

Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
No, but I liked that 3rd a lot better than Petrovic. A 4th and Wideman would have made that a better trade (for a bottom pairing D)

Either way, I can live with that one a lot more than the Manning trade which was pure trash. My largest issue wasn't the players. Its the overpayment for the players that unacceptable.

Chia can erase a huge mistake by trading Spooner and one of Manning or Petrovic for Eberle.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Umm kapenen isn't a 4th liner on Edmonton. He's top 6.
He would be in Edmonton but I don't think he's a top 6 player. He's incredibly overrated by Leafs fans.

Started out hot on Matthews' line and has cooled off since.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I think Sekera is done as a productive NHL player. Missing 2 years in your 30's due to knee/ankle injuries is a death kiss for a player that relies on his skating ability.

I feel the same way, I see lots of trade proposals and future lineups with Sekera in them and I don’t see him as any real option. Have to figure LTIR is a real possibility.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Regardless of potential. Kapanen helps the Oilers a lot more than Pulju right now.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
He's 3yrs older than Jesse P, and has 3 career pts more than him. I don't think he is a top 6 forward on any team.

He is 2 years older and has 28 points in 45 games this season which is definitely top 6 production on the Oilers. Kapanen has also progressed linearly throughout his NHL career which implies he could still get better. Puljujarvi hasn't been progressing at all.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Kapanen is actually a really good NHL player right now. Constantly does positive things there. Insane wheels and skating.

Puljujärvi is a lightyear behind and it's optimistic to think that he would ever reach the level Kapanen is at.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Has this organization ever screwed up the value of JP. Should have been in Europe for 1-2 more years after he was drafted. Oilers gotta Oilers.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
He is 2 years older and has 28 points in 45 games this season which is definitely top 6 production on the Oilers. Kapanen has also progressed linearly throughout his NHL career which implies he could still get better. Puljujarvi hasn't been progressing at all.
Look at Kapanen last year and Puljujarvi this year. Almost exact same number and games thus far.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Kapanen is actually a really good NHL player right now. Constantly does positive things there. Insane wheels and skating.

Puljujärvi is a lightyear behind and it's optimistic to think that he would ever reach the level Kapanen is at.
Kapanen would be a good pick up ,good speed ..but not at the cost of Puljujarvi, but maybe as a running mate or just another Finnish voice in the room ... just don’t know what we could offer, maybe Benning +

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
A second line of Kapanen RNH Puljujarvi could turn into something if allowed to gel. Mix of speed , size , forecheck and tenacity with skill.

Ferland and Kapanen should be the 2 targets to attain. However it won't happen.

Reactions: A91

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Umm kapenen isn't a 4th liner on Edmonton. He's top 6.

He'd be their best natural winger by far. That poster is just trolling.

I really don't want them to add any rentals unless it's somebody real cheap like Maroon.
Unfortunately, it seems inevitable that they're going to pony up for a pricey rental.

Sorry to say this but I'm sort of hoping that the Oilers fall well out of the playoff race in the next couple of weeks to prevent any further damage. Short term pain for long term gain. Sort of, my fan instinct kicks in on game time and hopes for wins. Ugh

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Eberle always was, and always will be, what I call an elite secondary player. What I mean by that is if you can put him out with a player who can set him up, and cover for him, he’s a very good piece. He’s not a guy who can drive a line though, so the key is the contract. At 6 million, he doesn’t bring enough away from the puck to be the “type of player you win with”. At 3.5-4 million, he’s a player I’d have on my roster in a heartbeat, because you can afford to have him on a line with a guy better than him.

That’s smart of Dubas. Kapanen is a player you want to trade now before everyone realizes he’s turned back into a pumpkin

Look at what Spooner and Strome make. Eb’s is a 5-5.5M guy everyday of the week. Put him with Draisaitl and they’d be a deadly combo IMO.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Guy is kind of a nobody

I don't think he fabricates things. Friedman backpedaling a bit on the availability of Puljujarvi too now.

Ri2KNiT.png

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
At this point, I don't care if the 1st, 2nd, Pulju, KY, Bear, Benning, Spooner, Talbot, Rieder are traded as long as something around Ferland, Dzingel and Rakell are coming back

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I feel the same way, I see lots of trade proposals and future lineups with Sekera in them and I don’t see him as any real option. Have to figure LTIR is a real possibility.

Sekera is skating right now. No reason to think at worse he’s not a bottom pairing guy. He looked rusty last year but started to turn it around by the end of the season. If he can come back and be as good as Russell that’s all we need. If he can get back to being a 30+ point solid 2 way dman with a good pass it’s even better.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Better not be a 1st+ for Ferland, but I fear it will be. Chia probably has a man crush on the guy because he's a PF and has 'grit' and 'heart' and 'character' (which I don't really dispute, but don't overpay for 3rd line talent).

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
At this point, I don't care if the 1st, 2nd, Pulju, KY, Bear, Benning, Spooner, Talbot, Rieder are traded as long as something around Ferland, Dzingel and Rakell are coming back

You're not getting Rakell with any of those pieces.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Look at Kapanen last year and Puljujarvi this year. Almost exact same number and games thus far.

Right, but the difference is that Kapanen's stats last year were a step forward for him and he has continued to take another step forward this season. Puljujarvi's numbers this season are actually a step back from last year.

One player is trending up and the other is trending down.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Why would the ducks ever move him. Best forward after Getzlaf and they need scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad