Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: No News is Good News

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Holy **** he traded Wheeler for Peverly and Valabik? LMAO. Nothing has changed with the way he makes trades lmao

Peverley was actually an important piece of the Bruins cup win and Wheeler wasn’t the player he is now.

That being said it’s still lost value which Chia for some reason doesn’t seem to mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pointteen

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Holy **** he traded Wheeler for Peverly and Valabik? LMAO. Nothing has changed with the way he makes trades lmao
Peverly was a pretty good player at the time of the deal. He had some serious health issues after the trade that limited his career. But he was coming off a 22 goal 55 point season for Atlanta. But the key to this deal was that Chia needed to shed cap space to bring in Kaberle. It is his inability to manage the cap that is often at the heart of why his trades go sour.

Reactions: LaGu and The Nuge

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
:caps Chiasson + Petrovic/Rieder + NYI/EDM 3rd '19
:edmonton Burakovsky

- Washington gets a player that knows the system and is on a hot scoring streak this season. Petro is a UFA and playoff teams could always use defensemen. We'd take on $650-700k in salary this year. Burakovsky is a RFA and Washington is looking to move on from him apparently for reasons.

As a fan of both the Oilers and Caps, I'd prefer to keep Chiasson + Petrovic/Rieder + 3rd. I've seen Burakovsky play a lot and while he's a skilled player, I don't see him really fitting into our top 6 and he's not a bottom 6 player. I'd rather keep a guy like Chiasson who already fits well, even if he's on a bit of a hot streak. If he cools down Chiasson is a guy I'd still want in my bottom 6 over Burakovsky.

Reactions: Blue line Howie

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Could you imagine if Chia wasn't a complete idiot and he acquired Hoffman last offseason when Ottawa was shopping him for penny on the dollar?

Draisailt-McDavid on the first line and Hoffman-RNH on the second line...

I don't think many teams wanted to risk adding that circus to their dressing room (it wasn't until a few weeks later when the Karlsson's came out looking like maybe they were the ones causing trouble). Plus, Hoffman likely wanted to disappear out of the media spotlight after this summer, and there's no better place for that in the NHL than Florida.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
He is skating now and struggling with his first step (I think it was Rishaug that said this, maybe Gregor?) I think you’ll see him go to Bakersfield after the all-star game for conditioning. I’m not optimistic he’ll be any help this season at all, fingers crossed he can be but I’m skeptical.

This season probably not unless we make the playoffs. But if he can get to the level of a 4/5 dman by next season that’d be nice. I don’t really see a point in moving him for a cheap return.

Reactions: Faelko

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Chia must have some sort of 2 for 1 trade lined up. We have so many roster players.

space321

May 11, 2011
Peverly was a pretty good player at the time of the deal. He had some serious health issues after the trade that limited his career. But he was coming off a 22 goal 55 point season for Atlanta. But the key to this deal was that Chia needed to shed cap space to bring in Kaberle. It is his inability to manage the cap that is often at the heart of why his trades go sour.

I know what happened to Peverley but he was traded out of Boston (coincidentally with Seguin lol) before his health issue. Wheeler was having a down year in Boston but wasn't he still a highly regarded young player at that time? I guess they did win the Cup that year so everything's just forgiven, but like, Tim Thomas put up a .940 in regular season + playoffs.

On the other hand, we're not in the position to get rentals for a cup run at all...

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I get that we need help up and down the lineup but I still feel we need to trade for a puck moving Dman. We are overloaded on defense, so we would have to move guys out, but that's how it is.

I feel like Chia must feel like Klef and Sekera would be good enough additions. They are coming back from injury though, and even then they were never great offensive weapons

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I know what happened to Peverley but he was traded out of Boston (coincidentally with Seguin lol) before his health issue. Wheeler was having a down year in Boston but wasn't he still a highly regarded young player at that time? I guess they did win the Cup that year so everything's just forgiven, but like, Tim Thomas put up a .940 in regular season + playoffs.

On the other hand, we're not in the position to get rentals for a cup run at all...

They had to clear cap space to fit Kaberle in. Wheeler was $1.5M more than Peverley at the time of the deal. That was a pretty significant gap back then.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Wow I thought Aberg found his niche
Coach's hate him.
1uCYyjN.png

Reactions: Burnt Biscuits

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So rather than to fire Carlyle, Bob Murray figures the reasonable way forward is to trade a guy who is tied for 2nd in goal scoring on the team for an AHLer? Pretty odd. Not that Åberg is anything special but at least he scored goals on a club which has scored the 2nd fewest goals in the entire league, that has to be worth something. He's also only one of three players on the Ducks with positive shot metrics.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
So rather than to fire Carlyle, Bob Murray figures the reasonable way forward is to trade a guy who is tied for 2nd in goal scoring on the team for an AHLer? Pretty odd. Not that Åberg is anything special but at least he scored goals on a club which has scored the 2nd fewest goals in the entire league, that has to be worth something. He's also only one of three players on the Ducks with positive shot metrics.
Obviously if points were all that mattered he would still be on the team. More to it I would assume.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Obviously if points were all that mattered he would still be on the team. More to it I would assume.

Yeah coaches sure doesn't seem to like him. Wonder why. Swedes aren't really known to have attitude issues or anything like that. Maybe it's just an effort thing. But even so, isn't a guy who produces but doesn't have the greatest effort or consistency better than an AHLer? Head scratcher for me.

Reactions: Oilhawks

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Yeah coaches sure doesn't seem to like him. Wonder why. Swedes aren't really known to have attitude issues or anything like that. Maybe it's just an effort thing. But even so, isn't a guy who produces but doesn't have the greatest effort or consistency better than an AHLer? Head scratcher for me.
Remember him here? There’s something up with this guy I tell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad