Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Movie Poster Edition VI- "Kenny Lives"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Here are all the pending UFA forwards that with retention could replace Yamamoto and are better
Sheary, JVR, Zucker
JVR would require double retention, Zucker doesn’t want Canada.
Sheary is really the only option and not all that much better honestly.
Adding Sheary if they can do it cheap would be perfect. He’s shown to stay healthy, scored at a consistent rate, has playoff experience and has shown he can play with high skill guys or down the lineup.

I could see him finding a spot and re-signing dirt cheap if they decided to ship Yams out to make space in the summer.

Reactions: guymez

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
So if we’re cap compliant with a 22 man roster, we could technically deal Ceci, Yamo, and Foegele plus futures for Karlsson at 9m and run a 20 man roster. If we could get Karlsson down to 8m, we could rent another 2m or less forward with retention, like Raddysh. I don’t think it happens, but how awesome would that defense look?

Reactions: McDoused

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I appreciate the enthusiasm for Karlsson as I am also a big fan and think he would be great here but I don’t see it until the off-season. I doubt they want to run a short handed roster to make it happen and Ekholm is already a massive addition the the d corps.

If anything, maybe they’re squeeze in a cheap double retained rental but I think they’re done adding and frankly am okay with that.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
And still be a point/game defenseman if he comes here.

Ceci, Yamamoto, Kulak, 2024 1st, Conditional 2025 1st and 2025 2nd for
Karlsson with retention
I still think we would be pushing for that 40 percent retention, and I imagine the cost is a bit more. Potentially add Bougault.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
All those teams have more than 6 top 6 forwards? Bullshit
Which one are you incredulous about? We can go through it. Theres certainly more than 6 forwards on each of those teams that are better than Yamamoto, and given that you count him as a top 6 forward. - yeah.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I appreciate the enthusiasm for Karlsson as I am also a big fan and think he would be great here but I don’t see it until the off-season. I doubt they want to run a short handed roster to make it happen and Ekholm is already a massive addition the the d corps.

If anything, maybe they’re squeeze in a cheap double retained rental but I think they’re done adding and frankly am okay with that.
Yeah unless theres a massive drop off in price on the remaining guys, OR, someone out there that nobody is talking about... I think we are done.

Karlsson deal makes way more sense in the summer. Know what the cap is, and what cheap options there are out there. If we are moving the remainder of our middling contracts, it's nice to know there will be some decent talent out there on show-me deals!

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Please tell me the combination of salary retention + cap dumps that will allow it to happen otherwise.

I mean

Bouchard (extended at 3m x 3 years)
Ceci
Yamamoto
+whatever picks

for

Karsslon @30%

Would basically do it in the summer. But I'm inclined not to deal with them in the summer.

Kane (5.125) McDavid (12.5) Hyman (5.5)
RNH (5.125) Drai (8.5) Holloway (0.9)
Kostin (1.25) McLeod (1.25) Bjugstad (1)
blank (1) Ryan (0.9) blank (0.8)
blank (0.7)

Nurse (9.25) Karlsson (8.05)
Ekholm (6) Desharnais (0.76)
Broberg (0.89) Right D (1)
Nemo (0.75)

Skinner (2.6)
Soup (5)

Neal (1.9)

= 80.7 million, so this lineup actually is a few mill below the cap roof. You could actually keep Foegele too, lol.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
GM Sutter chimes in:

(Lol, what a snipe at Treliving)

giphy.gif

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014

Agree. Karlsson is an off season thing.

However given his age I don’t want anything less than like 50 percent overall retention (could be a three way trade not dying SJ needs to eat it all)

I love the idea but there is still risk with bringing him here at his age with such a large contract.

But overall. Yes please for 2023-2024 season

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oilers can just wait for Karlsson to pout that he's in a rebuild that he doesn't want to be in, that puts them under pressure to make a move, sulk on the ice for a bit next year, and then San Jose will probably get no where near what they could have had now and have to retain even more money than they would have otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad