Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Movie Poster Edition VI- "Kenny Lives"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Sincerely, I think they should go for it

giphy.gif

And when he inevitably ends up on LTIR, they can use the space to get another Sutterite talentless coke machine

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Why go for Klingberg? He's just a bigger Barrie. Bouchard has always been the heir apparent to the PP1 and offensive defenseman spot.
And this team can use a bigger Barrie.

It sounds exciting but should be we really be banking on Broberg, Bouchard and Desharnais this soon ?

Klingberg has experience playing big minutes and cost to acquire shouldn't be crippling

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers can just wait for Karlsson to pout that he's in a rebuild that he doesn't want to be in, that puts them under pressure to make a move, sulk on the ice for a bit next year, and then San Jose will probably get no where near what they could have had now and have to retain even more money than they would have otherwise.
The Karlsson dream died when Ekholm was acquired. It's just not realistic. Even in your proposal to make the cap work you're magicking away Foegele and Kulak.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I appreciate the enthusiasm for Karlsson as I am also a big fan and think he would be great here but I don’t see it until the off-season. I doubt they want to run a short handed roster to make it happen and Ekholm is already a massive addition the the d corps.

If anything, maybe they’re squeeze in a cheap double retained rental but I think they’re done adding and frankly am okay with that.
I agree although if they ship out Yamamoto for another middle six player then I would be fine with that.

No I am not a Yamamoto hater...I really like the honey badger.
Its unfortunate but I just think that his size will ultimately be his undoing.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
I mean

Bouchard (extended at 3m x 3 years)
Ceci
Yamamoto
+whatever picks

for

Karsslon @30%

Would basically do it in the summer. But I'm inclined not to deal with them in the summer.

Kane (5.125) McDavid (12.5) Hyman (5.5)
RNH (5.125) Drai (8.5) Holloway (0.9)
Kostin (1.25) McLeod (1.25) Bjugstad (1)
blank (1) Ryan (0.9) blank (0.8)
blank (0.7)

Nurse (9.25) Karlsson (8.05)
Ekholm (6) Desharnais (0.76)
Broberg (0.89) Right D (1)
Nemo (0.75)

Skinner (2.6)
Soup (5)

Neal (1.9)

= 80.7 million, so this lineup actually is a few mill below the cap roof. You could actually keep Foegele too, lol.
Then you're running Desharnais as a 2nd pairing defenseman and have to fill out 5 more roster spots on minimal cap space.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Then you're running Desharnais as a 2nd pairing defenseman and have to fill out 5 more roster spots on minimal cap space.

Yes ... and?

Karlsson + Ekholm + Nurse + growth from Broberg and Desharnais is a ridiculous group of D. The 2006 Oilers still had Marc Andre Bergeron taking regular shifts, it's not like every D man you have needs to be a stud.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Yes ... and?

Karlsson + Ekholm + Nurse + growth from Broberg and Desharnais is a ridiculous group of D. The 2006 Oilers still had Marc Andre Bergeron taking regular shifts, it's not like every D man you have needs to be a stud.
He's barely a #6 right now, he can't handle #4 duties and will sink his partner.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
The Karlsson dream never dies!!!

It is severely unlikely. But not 'impossible'. Especially if the cap goes up a few mill
Cap is only going to 83.5 in all likelihood but supposedly was supposed to go up to like 85-86M this off-season before they crawled that back.

Ideally we could grab Karlsson and try and squeeze some depth guys for multi year cheap deals and the cap jumps the following two year when drai needs to be resigned as well as some other pieces

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Good. He’s a piece of shit
On the ice, yes. Off the ice, I've heard he's one of the classiest, kindest and most chartable guys out there.

When Emily Cave came on the ice before the Bruins/Oilers game to honour Colby, I'm not sure she embraced any Bruins player more than him.

During that game Boston was trying to tie it in the final minutes. One of our guys went down, and marchand forgot about trying to tie the game. He waved frantically for the refs.

Also This from Kevin Hayes after the passing of his brother

"The Bruins have been amazing with my my family and my brother's family," said Kevin. "Especially Brad Marchand. He has played street hockey with [Jimmy's son] Beau, he went down to the local Dorchester rink and hung out. Beau wants to be Kevin Hayes and Brad Marchand every single morning when he wakes up."

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

New thread is up!

Can a mod do the honors and lock up Kenny Vorhees, please and thank you?

Reactions: Oilhawks

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
On the ice, yes. Off the ice, I've heard he's one of the classiest, kindest and most chartable guys out there.

When Emily Cave came on the ice before the Bruins/Oilers game to honour Colby, I'm not sure she embraced any Bruins player more than him.

During that game Boston was trying to tie it in the final minutes. One of our guys went down, and marchand forgot about trying to tie the game. He waved frantically for the refs.

Also This from Kevin Hayes after the passing of his brother

"The Bruins have been amazing with my my family and my brother's family," said Kevin. "Especially Brad Marchand. He has played street hockey with [Jimmy's son] Beau, he went down to the local Dorchester rink and hung out. Beau wants to be Kevin Hayes and Brad Marchand every single morning when he wakes up."

Most suspensions in NHL history, terribly arrogant and constantly chirps opponents and fans. Maybe he should shut his mouth on and off the ice

4DB6C4DB-1197-4BEB-9E37-146EE6BC8432.jpeg

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Ekholm (6) Karlsson (8)
Nurse (9.25) Bouchard (3.5)
Broberg (0.9) Desharnais (0.76)
Yeah the original outline has 2.8M in space so we would be 300k under the cap in that.

Bourgault, tulio, lavoie would probably get every chance to make the team and then we would have to add depth up front again in double retention style trades.

Another option is a jack Campbell buyout where he would cost 3.5M less on the cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad