Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Movie Poster Edition VI- "Kenny Lives"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
7cyzwr.jpg

Does Kenny have another "blockbuster" up his sleeve or will it be a couple of B-movie level trades?

Grab your popcorn and pay just for the edge of your seat because you won't need the rest over the next day and a half.

Last edited:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Ideally we get someone to pair up with Nurse and a good rw to replace Yamo…

But I’m worried Holland has made his big move and will settle for Bjugstad and call it a day.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Bert or Domi would be nice but I’d say it’s 50/50 either of them moves and I think there’s other teams out there who will over pay.

If they’re gonna do anything I’d like to see them get a good bottom 6er who can pk, preferably right shot and can line up C/W. obviously there’s been Bjugstad rumblings but Sundquivst from Detroit, Gaudreau from Wild come to mind, maybe Bonino if he’s got something left in the tank.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
6.25 with Ceci and Yamo going out. Bertuzzi is 4.7 without retention. He's an improvement on Yamo. What about another D? Is there a cheap RD out there that can play with Nurse (not named Bear)?

Reactions: Darkwinter

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
6.25 with Ceci and Yamo going out. Bertuzzi is 4.7 without retention. He's an improvement on Yamo. What about another D? Is there a cheap RD out there that can play with Nurse (not named Bear)?
Ceci isnt going out.. if anything we are adding another Ceci bumping Bouchard to 3rd pairing and sending Desharnais and Broberg back to Bako

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
If Yamo gets LTIR for rest of the season we could have the space to add another top 6 winger depending on what else we move out. Schmaltz is someone I've always liked but too bad he's injured now. Other options could be Bertuzzi, Duclair, Boeser depending on how much Van is willing to retain, or even Tom Wilson depending on how much the Caps are willing to sell.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
probably gonna need quad retention on anyone good just to fit under the cap, unless Kane or Yamo goes on LTIR... most likely league min player and league min player out or to minors

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Mayfield would be ideal, but unlikely unless the Isles have another trade lined up for a defenseman.

Gudas retained would be OK.

Klingberg double retained would be a gamble. It might pay off big though.

I think Holland will be open to a lot of different forward rentals. There will be some last hour deals this year.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Ceci isnt going out.. if anything we are adding another Ceci bumping Bouchard to 3rd pairing and sending Desharnais and Broberg back to Bako
Jensen or Mayfield would do, not sure how we get either though.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
probably gonna need quad retention on anyone good just to fit under the cap, unless Kane or Yamo goes on LTIR... most likely league min player and league min player out or to minors

Not sure if the Oilers can LTIR Yamamoto. Concussions are tricky and not sure if a concussion meets the expected 10 game missed requirement of LTIR.

Do not want to LTIR Kane for the rest of the season. LTIR means no more regular season games from Kane and I don't see how the Oilers can upgrade on Kane.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Not sure Angry boy Bertuzzi is the right guy but it sure would be interesting with his agressiveness and puck possession lol. Would Draisaitl ever get that pass?
He can play down the line up too....we might need a Top notch PK guy if we get him.

mooseman7

Jan 10, 2004
Visit site
Mayfield would be ideal, but unlikely unless the Isles have another trade lined up for a defenseman.

Gudas retained would be OK.

Klingberg double retained would be a gamble. It might pay off big though.

I think Holland will be open to a lot of different forward rentals. There will be some last hour deals this year.
I'm wondering about Bennett. Is there actually any truth that their thinking of moving him? Of so, he's exactly the add I would make .And he's friends with McDavid to boot. Not sure what it would take but a 2nd and a prospect ?? if Yams is out we would have the cap space .

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
I'm wondering about Bennett. Is there actually any truth that their thinking of moving him? Of so, he's exactly the add I would make .And he's friends with McDavid to boot. Not sure what it would take but a 2nd and a prospect ?? if Yams is out we would have the cap space.

Can't see it. Florida has 2 games at hand and has a shot at making the playoffs.

Reactions: MessierII

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Bert or Domi would be nice but I’d say it’s 50/50 either of them moves and I think there’s other teams out there who will over pay.

If they’re gonna do anything I’d like to see them get a good bottom 6er who can pk, preferably right shot and can line up C/W. obviously there’s been Bjugstad rumblings but Sundquivst from Detroit, Gaudreau from Wild come to mind, maybe Bonino if he’s got something left in the tank.
Bonino interests me. Can't say I've watched him much lately but he was a late bloomer and a solid player.

Loads of playoff experience with two Stanley Cups. Played 3 seasons with Ekholm.

Expiring contract at 2.05M. Still playing over 16 minutes per game. Kind of compelling.

Reactions: FunkyChicken

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
LTIR Yams if he’s concussed then shut him down until playoffs, I’m really worried about his health post-career. 3 potential concussions in a row is 1/5th of the way towards CTE.

Use picks and prospects (and maybe Ceci if a team is enticed), grab a Bonino and Labanc for a prospect and couple seconds. Depending how much it is, try to pry one of Mayfield, Gudas, Trevor Van Riemsdyk, or (pipe dream) Chris Tanev, with Ceci going the other way.

Then for playoffs:
Hyman-McD-Drai
Kane-Nuge-Labanc
Foegele-Bonino-Yams
Ryan-McLeod-Klim
Shore

Nurse-Tanev
Ekholm-Bouch
Kulak- Vinny
Bro

Status
Not open for further replies.