Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Movie Poster Edition VI- "Kenny Lives"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
I opened their edmonton forum and the last post is a delusional fan thinking we won't make the playoffs... as they sit on the outside looking in... locked in long term to an aging mediocre core.
Remember that they don’t actually like their little brother hockey team.

I think fans of that team would accept relocation if the trade off was no success for the Oilers

The obsession they have with us is truly unhealthy

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Wonder if there’d be any takers for Kulak. Have to think some eastern team could use him for a depth option who can play top 4 in a pinch.

Have to think Nurse Ekholm Broberg are solid enough for the LD side, that the cap space we free up from Kulak could be used to bring in a top 9 RW or a second pair RD.

Obviously Kulak is nice to have around in case of injury, but I’d have more faith in Broberg to play second pair in a pinch than I would in the right side to look even halfway okay if Ceci or Bouchard go down.

They’re definitely going to want to keep Kulak for depth. He’s been coming on as late and will be even better against weaker competition on the third pairing like last season.

Broberg will be the 7D and can rotate onto the 3rd pairing as RD

Reactions: Faelko

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Kane McDavid Yamamoto
RNH Draisaitl Hyman
Kostin Bjugstad Foegele
McLeod Ryan Janmark
Shore

Nurse Ceci
Ekholm Bouchard
Kulak/Broberg Desharnais

Skinner
Campbell

Is basically our lineup. Still think I would like to add Zack McEwan tomorrow.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I mean, I don't think it really matters all that much. When we have 5 top 6 forwards as good as we do, and how often its slid around?
Bjugstad might get some reps up there.
I tend to agree on this now. As much as would love another top 6 guy (Perron) we mostly play 11/7 and are adequate in the top 6 as long as that continues

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
$10m on a capped out roster is at minimum two active players from it. Three if we're being realistic. Getting a team to take those players back is one very significant hurdle. Replacing them is another. Removing three players to add one in the middle of a season they're attempting to be competitive is likely to have negative consequences in terms of team chemistry and quality of depth, regardless of who the player you're adding is.

Show me examples of competitive teams that tear apart their rosters to add. Toronto has added five players over the last two weeks who are likely to be on their playoff roster. The only active player they dealt from it was Rasmus Sandin--in a separate trade.

Selling teams do not want your unwanted players.

San Jose is going to have to accept they're going to have to take back players from anyone, there's virtually no way to facilitate a Karlsson trade otherwise.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
It seems I am a bit of a prophet of GMKH moves. I was a big advocate to add Ekholm and Bjugstad.

What's next? I would trade Yamo for Owen Tippett. Idk the exact details to make it even, but Yamo out and Tippett in. Three way with Seattle if they really want to add a home-grown kid.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I tend to agree on this now. As much as would love another top 6 guy (Perron) we mostly play 11/7 and are adequate in the top 6 as long as that continues

We have 2 of our top 6 wingers suffering from injury presently, and every team suffers injuries during a playoff run. So instead of 5 top 6 players, think more like 2. Still feel good about beating the Bruins in the cup final with McDavid flanked by Ryan and Bjugstad Up against Bergeron Pastrnak Marchand?

Reactions: Duke74

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think the way last game worked will be kind of how it works. Have 2 bottom 6 lines and then just run different variations of the top 5 as top 6 lines.

Reactions: WaitingForUser

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Can't speak for anyone but myself. Going to be a very Christmas eve feeling tonight. I still have the feeling a big name will land in Edmonton. How I have no idea but the feeling is awesome non the less

Reactions: Sanchez

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Yamamoto in our top 6 is the one weak spot on the roster, but eh what can you do. Never should've signed this guy to a 2 year.

If he was healthy I might roll the dice on it, but he has been struggling all year. Kane also out. Other injuries will occur. It is irresponsible to not get at least a Connor Sheary to ensure that our top talent won’t have to play with 4th liners against the elite teams in the playoffs.

Reactions: Duke74 and Biltmore

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We have 2 of our top 6 wingers suffering from injury presently, and every team suffers injuries during a playoff run. So instead of 5 top 6 players, think more like 2. Still feel good about beating the Bruins in the cup final with McDavid flanked by Ryan and Bjugstad Up against Bergeron Pastrnak Marchand?
Or maybe their older guys in the bloodbath or the east will be injured and it’ll be that line against Marchand Coyle Hall

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
San Jose is going to have to accept they're going to have to take back players from anyone, there's virtually no way to facilitate a Karlsson trade otherwise.
A lot easier to do that in an offseason where both teams can plan to make necessary adjustments instead of making them on the fly.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Nuge
Hyman
Drai
Mcdavid

That’s 4 add Kane and Yammo that 5-1/2

Reactions: Snake Eyes

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Or maybe their older guys in the bloodbath or the east will be injured and it’ll be that line against Marchand Coyle Hall

Yeah maybe, if like 7 of their guys get injured. They have plenty of depth beyond their top line.

I guess your strategy is as good as any, lets just hope every good team we face is missing 7 top forwards before we run up against them. Its bound to work some year.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That McDavid line currently has 156 points. The Boston line has 179, not that huge of a difference.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
A lot easier to do that in an offseason where both teams can plan to make necessary adjustments instead of making them on the fly.

I mean here's my offer

Ceci
Bouchard
Yamamoto
EDM 1st 2024

for

The exact amount of retention it takes to put Karlsson on the roster + replace the roster spots of the above players. There's no real other way to do the deal.

That's not going to change in the summer. Like things don't magically change in the summer just because.

Either that or they can retain 50% of his contract full stop. IMO Grier blew this. He could've gotten a much better package from the Oilers at this deadline if he had not been so green at his job.

If we got Karlsson we almost certainly don't get Ekholm and San Jose would have gotten a lot of those net assets (2023 1st, Schaefer, etc.).

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We don’t run rigid lines like some teams though.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Nuge
Hyman
Drai
Mcdavid

That’s 4 add Kane and Yammo that 5-1/2

As I said, Kane and Yammo presently out and have been in and out all year long. Holloway also out (possible reinforcement in case of the other injuries). Can you rely on any of those guys being At their best or even making it to game 1 at this point.?

Then, as I said, every team takes at least a couple playoff injuries on the way to the big dance. If Nuge or Hyman gets banged up on top of all our other problems?

I get that we can’t plan around the worst case scenario, but at least plan around the uncertainty we have in Yamo/Kane/Holloway. Don’t plan to start Out short handed and pray that no injuries hit.

Start out with at LEAST 6 top 6ers so if we go down to 5 or 4 we can still hang.

Dont start with 4.

Reactions: Biltmore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad