Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Movie Poster Edition VI- "Kenny Lives"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
As I said, Kane and Yammo presently out and have been in and out all year long. Holloway also out (possible reinforcement in case of the other injuries). Can you rely on any of those guys being At their best or even making it to game 1 at this point.?

Then, as I said, every team takes at least a couple playoff injuries on the way to the big dance. If Nuge or Hyman gets banged up on top of all our other problems?

I get that we can’t plan around the worst case scenario, but at least plan around the uncertainty we have in Yamo/Kane/Holloway. Don’t plan to start Out short handed and pray that no injuries hit.

Start out with at LEAST 6 top 6ers so if we go down to 5 or 4 we can still hang.

Dont start with 4.
So you want us to have a total of 8 top sizers cause 2guys are banged up? Literally only Boston has that.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
So you want us to have a total of 8 top sizers cause 2guys are banged up? Literally only Boston has that.

No I want 6 top 6ers. Thats a gamble in and of itself, but its a gamble We can afford with the way our roster is constructed. Every team has at least that.

In our case it just means getting 1 more half decent guy. Might not even be expensive.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
No I want 6 top 6ers. Thats a gamble in and of itself, but its a gamble We can afford with the way our roster is constructed. Every team has at least that.
We do. This team sees Yamamoto as a top 6 guy. Who’s how is only having 6 a gamble. Boston is literally the only team that has more and that’s because of how cheap Their top 6 centres are.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver

Thanks man.

This is going to keep me obsessed for months now. Sorry in advance guys, I’m gonna continue mentioning EK a lot, can’t help it.

He’s gonna be best buds with Ekholm, gonna be Brobergs big bro like Alfie was for him, gonna score 100+ points and probably hoist a motherf***ing Cup, hopefully our 2nd Cup in a row boys

LFG!!

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

do-it-star-wars.gif

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
We do. This team sees Yamamoto as a top 6 guy.

But he’s not, at least not in his current state. Its a huge gamble to think he might be healthy for the playoffs. Every time he gets hit it looks like he’ll be back on LTIR. He either needs to be traded or upgraded and put on the 3rd line. For one reason or another, he cannot perform at a top 6 level *even when hes in the lineup*

Last edited:
Reactions: Biltmore

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
by league standards 1.5 is a 5th

one first, if that.
1.5 but with the deadline it’s like 800k of real money. So like a a2nd and 3rd each season.

But he’s not, at least not in his current state. Its a huge gamble to think he might be healthy for the playoffs. Every time he gets hit it looks like he’ll be back on LTIR. He either needs to be traded or upgraded and put on the 3rd line. For one reason or another, he cannot perform at a top 6 level.
Show me all the teams that have more than 6 top 6 forwards healthy/injured.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
1.5 but with the deadline it’s like 800k of real money. So like a a2nd and 3rd each season.

Show me all the teams that have more than 6 top 6 forwards healthy/injured.

You mean like LA, Vegas, WPG, DAL, COL, etc? A lot of teams we will have to go through, and thats to say nothing of the stacked-ass East.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I mean here's my offer

Ceci
Bouchard
Yamamoto
EDM 1st 2024

for

The exact amount of retention it takes to put Karlsson on the roster + replace the roster spots of the above players. There's no real other way to do the deal.

That's not going to change in the summer. Like things don't magically change in the summer just because.

Either that or they can retain 50% of his contract full stop. IMO Grier blew this. He could've gotten a much better package from the Oilers at this deadline if he had not been so green at his job.

If we got Karlsson we almost certainly don't get Ekholm and San Jose would have gotten a lot of those net assets (2023 1st, Schaefer, etc.).
100% agree with everything but you could also deal Kulak in this scenario no problem. He’d be 3rd pairing with Broberg on his heels and surpassing him quickly. Send him off and get a cheaper 6-7 D.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
Yammer is a great kid but we can't depend on him surviving through the season and the playoffs. I hope MackD is whispering in Kenny's ear and asking for someone better.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yammer is a great kid but we can't depend on him surviving through the season and the playoffs. I hope MackD is whispering in Kenny's ear and asking for someone better.
I’m sure he is but there really isn’t any top 6 forward rentals available and not really any rumours of guys around Yams cap or lower on the move

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Getting depth for playoffs is a good idea.

However if Holland wants a true homerun, getting a solid RD for the top pairing would put us right with the big contenders. Even the bar of "better than the current RDs" would be good

I don't expect such a move though. I would be happy even with no further moves tbh. Keeping the cap space we have would have use to make sure we could ice a full roster for the final stretch. Make a run for the division lead, and make sure the team is fully sorted out for the playoffs

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Here are all the pending UFA forwards that with retention could replace Yamamoto and are better
Sheary, JVR, Zucker
JVR would require double retention, Zucker doesn’t want Canada.
Sheary is really the only option and not all that much better honestly.

Reactions: Biltmore

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Kane McDavid Yamamoto
RNH Draisaitl Hyman
Kostin Bjugstad Foegele
McLeod Ryan Janmark
Shore

Nurse Ceci
Ekholm Bouchard
Kulak/Broberg Desharnais

Skinner
Campbell

Is basically our lineup. Still think I would like to add Zack McEwan tomorrow.
That's a really nice looking lineup. I'd switch McLeod and Bjugstad but I don't remember an Oilers lineup in all my years of watching Oilers hockey that just about everybody in the lineup is slotted where they should be. The only one that really sticks out is Ceci on the top pairing and Yamamoto in the top 6 but when you have five 1st line forwards, it's ok to have a winger a bit too high in the lineup.

This lineup can contend, the biggest question is goaltending as usual but nothing can be done about that so just hope that Campbell gets over this mental block of his and/or Skinner isn't phased by his first time in the playoffs.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
You guys hate Yamamoto way.. way too much.

I still think we are going to go for Klingberg
Too easy to move off the puck. Looses about a half a dozen puck battles a game, a couple where he has position and leverage and just get out muscled at the stick. If he scored more, you could overlook that.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
You guys hate Yamamoto way.. way too much.

I still think we are going to go for Klingberg

No one hates him, he’s just not good. You don’t win with guys like him and we need someone more capable, especially at his cap hit. He’s not a top 6 forward and never will be.

Reactions: Ibanez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad