Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Klefbom is Injured, Who Replaces Him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Because we have been patient with Bouchard and he's exactly the type of player we have needed for over a decade he's totally going to get traded for peanuts leaving Oiler fans bitter for his entire career.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Can anyone else recall when Edmonton hosted the WJ a few years back - Czech was playing the States, when the crowd was heavily cheering for the former? Mrazek was loving the crowd. It must have felt like a home game.

Reactions: MessierII

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Because we have been patient with Bouchard and he's exactly the type of player we have needed for over a decade he's totally going to get traded for peanuts leaving Oiler fans bitter for his entire career.

Really makes me wonder whats going on with him. Just seems like current management isnt in love with him.

I dont really get it. The guy looked like he could handle the NHL pretty well in his 9 game stint, 2 years ago?. Hes been good in the AHL. His skillset is exactly what the Oilers need. I am just confused. I think it would be incredibly stupid to trade him.

North

Jun 25, 2009
He is on the board cause Arizona wants him, not that Holland wants to trade him.

I do think Holland isn't his biggest fan cause he doesn't play fast or skate well. And by play fast I mean make quick decisions etc. He is an incredible passer but a bit slower and cerebral. He likes guys right now who make fast decisions or can move fast

This is one of my issues with Bouchard as well but I think that he can be coached into playing faster.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Nuge won't be as expensive as Hall, so it doesn't make sense to me to let him go and then chase Hall. That seems like speculation, I'd rather have Nuge than Hall even if they were paid equally at this point. Nuge fits so well here, and he's producing offensively while taking on a ton of defensive responsibilities. Doesn't make sense.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This is one of my issues with Bouchard as well but I think that he can be coached into playing faster.
I believe so to.
But if the org isn't high in him that gives me red flags. Manson is incredible with our defense and Playfair is really good too. If the org doesn't like a guy it would be because either they don't like him, or those too don't think they can mold his game.

Not saying it's true, but my point stands

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nuge won't be as expensive as Hall, so it doesn't make sense to me to let him go and then chase Hall. That seems like speculation, I'd rather have Nuge than Hall even if they were paid equally at this point. Nuge fits so well here, and he's producing offensively while taking on a ton of defensive responsibilities. Doesn't make sense.
I think it was more of a plan B. Like "Nuge doesn't want to play ball here and wants to go for big money, so let's move him and sign Hall."

I think Nuge is always plan A but Hall was the fall back plan. Which is smart to have

Reactions: ujju2

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
RNH....or Hall?

35485895._SY475_.jpg

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think it was more of a plan B. Like "Nuge doesn't want to play ball here and wants to go for big money, so let's move him and sign Hall."

I think Nuge is always plan A but Hall was the fall back plan. Which is smart to have

If Nuge leaves I'm hoping that Holland moves away from big fish hunting and instead tries to bring in a couple of guys to replace him. Maybe a defenceman and a cheaper winger.

Also, if Nuge leaves you'd think they'd be trading him before it gets to that point. Should bring something nice back, he has to be a pretty valuable player after his last two seasons.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Not sure how you do this Holland but get it done.

Forwards48.725
Taylor Hall7 Connor McDavid12.5 Zach Kassian3.2
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins6 Leon Draisaitl8.5 Kailer Yamamoto0.9
Anders Bjork1.6 Erik Haula3 Jesse Puljujarvai1.2
UFA1 Gaetan Haas0.925 Josh Archibald1.5
Patrick Russell0.7 UFA0.7
Defence21.35
OEL7 Ethan Bear2.5
Darnell Nurse5.6 Tyson Barrie4.5
Caleb Jones0.85 Evan Bouchard0.9
Goaltending6
Mikko Koskinen4.5
UFA1.5
Buyouts / Retention / Overage4.92
Total81.00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: nafrelio

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

If Nuge wants something crazy like 8.5 or so, and we can get Hall for like 7-7.5, I’m all for it. I’ll take a cheaper Hall and good assets from a Nuge trade over an overpaid Nuge. If they cost the same I’ll keep Nuge.

Reactions: 3IR

canhi80

Sep 28, 2020
Does having Klefbom go on the LTIR and letting AA/Benning to walk open up enough money to fix the 3C and goalie openings and allow us to sign someone like Hall or Hoffman?

Additionally, do you think that the team values Samorukov's potential as a pro over Bouchard?

Holland might be dreaming a Vladimir Konstantinov and Nicholas Lindstrom with Samo and Broberg, whereas Bouchard maybe reminds him of a Mike Green

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
This whole AA situation is being handled terribly. Isn't his qualifying offer like 3.5 million? I don't see where that cap space is going to be used more effectively, he could be a good player for us next year. I'm just not seeing how they're going to fill out this forward group, I suppose Puljujarvi would help.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I believe so to.
But if the org isn't high in him that gives me red flags. Manson is incredible with our defense and Playfair is really good too. If the org doesn't like a guy it would be because either they don't like him, or those too don't think they can mold his game.

Not saying it's true, but my point stands

One thing I will say is if there are concerns about Bouchard and those concerns are coming from Woodcroft and Manson that would give me pause.

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
Bouchard is just about ready to show us what he has and He is in trade rumors. Thats taking 2 steps back in my opinion if we trade him. Klefbom injury hurts but trading a 20 year old defenseman like Bouchard for a 29 year old on a 8.25 mil contract hurts more. Bouchard has always been the type of player that ups his game the higher level he plays. Every year he moves up he exceeds or meets expectations. He may not be a defensive dynamo but he can run our PP and get the puck up the ice to 2 of the best players in the world. Give him 2 years and I guarantee he is better then OEL and half the price. Don't understand how this has legs.. Holland has to understand we have more then a 2 year window here.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Does having Klefbom go on the LTIR and letting AA/Benning to walk open up enough money to fix the 3C and goalie openings and allow us to sign someone like Hall or Hoffman?

Additionally, do you think that the team values Samorukov's potential as a pro over Bouchard?

Holland might be dreaming a Vladimir Konstantinov and Nicholas Lindstrom with Samo and Broberg, whereas Bouchard maybe reminds him of a Mike Green

One thing I think is that Samorukov’s play in the KHL has raised his profile. They may be more reticent to give him up now.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
That rumour that came out a few weeks ago about Holland liking OEL's leadership abilities has me worried. The last thing this team needs right now is an overpay for veteran leadership. That's an outdated way of thinking.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Seravalli added the following names to the trade bait board:

DeBrusk, Tuukka Rask, Bobrovsky, Martin Jones, Merzlikins, Yandle, Duchene, Johansen, Bonino, Schwartz, Marchessault, Martinez, Stastny, Kessel, Kris Russell, Trocheck, Wennberg, Montour, Evan Bouchard, Dubnyk

Lots more names out there than we thought maybe.

The new Luongo contract.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Bouchard will not be traded guys. Holland is not that dumb. AZ is asking for him that’s it. In no way does that mean he is on the board to be traded just like Holland isn’t stupid enough to trade Nuge. The sky isn’t falling it’s just the talking heads thinking they know what KH is thinking. He always plays his cards close to his chest.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
This whole AA situation is being handled terribly. Isn't his qualifying offer like 3.5 million? I don't see where that cap space is going to be used more effectively, he could be a good player for us next year. I'm just not seeing how they're going to fill out this forward group, I suppose Puljujarvi would help.
AA at 3.5M doesn't help the Oilers at all. Kid looks lost out there.

Reactions: North
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad