Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Kassian's Days Numbered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Were talking 4th liners here. They don't do much for any team they are on but we somehow always expect Kassian to win games for us. When **** hits the fan, we're going to want Kassian in the lineup I garantee it. Wait till we get some heated games against the Flames or the Ducks. We'll regret this.

Kassian is a dumb player. He makes dumb decisions with and without the puck.

The team could use the cap space instead of wasting it on dumb.

Good riddance to him.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
His wife is pregnant and wants back east. Perhaps, Detroit is a perfect fit. I think they still have that place near Windsor. Not sure.

This speculation? You'd think the breadwinner in the relationship would be the one to 'wear the pants' and call the shots.

I would of guessed this came about from Kassians agent talking with Chia about his client being healthy scratched.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Were talking 4th liners here. They don't do much for any team they are on but we somehow always expect Kassian to win games for us. When **** hits the fan, we're going to want Kassian in the lineup I garantee it. Wait till we get some heated games against the Flames or the Ducks. We'll regret this.
He didn’t show a pulse in any of those games last year. He got his deal and got comfortable. It happens.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
If they could move Kassian and his salary for a pick, that would be a small miracle. They guy tantalized everyone with one good playoff game two years ago and decided to never play to that level again.... Buh bye. Send him to the AHL.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He didn’t show a pulse in any of those games last year. He got his deal and got comfortable. It happens.

Neither did a lot of our players. We sucked last year. When a team sucks everyone looks bad. Especially players that need to feed off of team mojo to play with an edge like Kass.

I firmly believe we're a good team this year after what the Oilers showned in the Pens game. When the team continues this swagger, and we're up against some angry violent teams, Kassian will show his worth.

When we're in the playoffs we'll be praying for a guy like Kass.

I consider this trade fiasco as a message to Kass. If we can somehow retain him after this mess, I garantee he'll come to the next game with some fire in his belly.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
His wife is pregnant and wants back east. Perhaps, Detroit is a perfect fit. I think they still have that place near Windsor. Not sure.

How do you know this? I heard his wife was from around these parts.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Is Ryane Clowe still with the team?
Damn, there is a name I haven't heard for a couple years. No. His contract ended last year. But he was retired for all intents and purposes before that.

Clowe was a hell of a player for a few years. Too bad injuries just destroyed him.

Reactions: Oilhawks

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I really don't know. I tend to like Kassian just based on 2016-17, but he wasn't impactful last season and hasn't been great so far this season either. If he wants to leave though, I guess that makes the decision easier. Especially when Rattie comes back I think Kassian's going to be on the outside looking in more often than not. Plus Marody's making a case for himself imo. And Puljujarvi's currently a healthy scratch. We don't have room for everyone, so it makes sense to trade the one that wants to leave.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
we somehow always expect Kassian to win games for us.
What’s beyond hyperbole? Superhyperbole? I’ve never heard anyone, ever, EVER, say they expected Kassian to win a game for us. I have, however, seen Kassian deliver a sub-NHL effort and results nearly every game since he signed his money deal. We’ve regretted the deal ever since. He didn’t suffer because the team sucked, the team suffered because players like him brought nothing.

Reactions: MessierII

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What’s beyond hyperbole? Superhyperbole? I’ve never heard anyone, ever, EVER, say they expected Kassian to win a game for us. I have, however, seen Kassian deliver a sub-NHL effort and results nearly every game since he signed his money deal. We’ve regretted the deal ever since. He didn’t suffer because the team sucked, the team suffered because players like him brought nothing.

It was hyperbole. But far too many games where the entire team doesn't show up and all you here is shit like why isn't Kassian doing more. He's a 4th liner, why key in on that dude when so many others were absolute shit last year.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Losing Kass is fine. He isn't one the best 14 forwards in the system. Best case scenerio is we get a mid-round pick that we can trade for a decent #5 dman to make sending Bouch down easier.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Toronto makes sense. Kassian for a conditional 5th in 2020(if Kassian scores 20 points next season, turns into a 4th)

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
It's too bad, really thought Kass was gonna turn it around after getting another shot with the oil. Wherever he ends up, I hope he remembers where he was before that second chance, and doesn't fall back into any bad habits on or off the ice.

Something tells me he just doesn't work well with this coaching staff. I remember reading on here how he was told to tone down the physicality after that unreal playoff game, and he hasn't been the same since.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

The Flames are a bunch of wimps now. But regardless, I don’t necessarily disagree in theory, but we still have Lucic, Khaira, and Nurse who can throw down with anyone in the league, and are more likely to be on the ice than Kass. That’s better than pretty much any other team at this point

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Flames are a bunch of wimps now. But regardless, I don’t necessarily disagree in theory, but we still have Lucic, Khaira, and Nurse who can throw down with anyone in the league, and are more likely to be on the ice than Kass. That’s better than pretty much any other team at this point

I like Nurse, Khaira, and Lucic toughness. But I want Kassian CRAZY patrolling during the playoffs.

Reactions: Jeff Lebowski

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

If this is the case this would make sense as he is asking the agent to try and see who might be interested in the desired part of the country that they want to go to instead of putting him on waivers where he could be picked up by any team in theory. It would be doing him a solid.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The sad reality is that many of the players that play the style that Kass is supposed to use either alcohol or drugs to numb the pain, etc. Good on him for apparently cleaning up his life and getting married. The issue is that he isn't able to transform his game to play a skilled brand of hockey. I wish him the best going forward but I'm glad that if he is on the move I won't be seeing him not giving his all out there.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
The sad reality is that many of the players that play the style that Kass is supposed to use either alcohol or drugs to numb the pain, etc. Good on him for apparently cleaning up his life and getting married. The issue is that he isn't able to transform his game to play a skilled brand of hockey. I wish him the best going forward but I'm glad that if he is on the move I won't be seeing him not giving his all out there.

Kassian's style? Gliding around the ice and get done for a hooking or tripping call in the offensive zone?

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
It's too bad, really thought Kass was gonna turn it around after getting another shot with the oil. Wherever he ends up, I hope he remembers where he was before that second chance, and doesn't fall back into any bad habits on or off the ice.

Something tells me he just doesn't work well with this coaching staff. I remember reading on here how he was told to tone down the physicality after that unreal playoff game, and he hasn't been the same since.
That's really too bad, because that was the biggest takeover of a game I've almost ever seen by one player.
The Oilers would be running through the league right now if they didn't shy away from hits anymore.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not sure how many takers there will be for a 4th line player with zeros across the board in the offensive categories with a preponderance for taking stupid penalties at bad times with a 2M cap hit...

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm gonna take a stab at this one and call Zack Kassian for Sam Gagner. Maybe not one-for-one, but the term on the deals match up and the salaries are similar. Gagner was a popular guy in the room when he was here and is a right shot skilled forward who could help out in the middle six, which is what the team requires.

The history between the two just makes this deal so obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad