Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Kassian's Days Numbered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Elliot Friedman just said the Oilers have given Kassian permission to seek a trade out of Edmonton.

We're done with him.

He's going to end up on waivers sooner rather than later I imagine. No one is taking him at nearly $2M to take dumb penalties and float for the next 2 years.

Like I said, Benning + Kassian for Gudas + Weise.

Get er' done.

Reactions: 780il

North

Jun 25, 2009
Elliot Friedman just said the Oilers have given Kassian permission to seek a trade out of Edmonton.

We're done with him.

He's going to end up on waivers sooner rather than later I imagine. No one is taking him at nearly $2M to take dumb penalties and float for the next 2 years.

Maybe a team believing he could add some toughness would be willing to take him.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Maybe a team believing he could add some toughness would be willing to take him.
I think if anyone was willing to take him he'd have been traded by now.

I imagine what has happened is the Oilers have shopped him around, couldn't find a taker. And now have told Kass and his agent that they can try and find something and if they can't figure it out he's going on waivers.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Such a weird philosophy getting an agent involved in the trade.
My take on it would be, "we tried to find a team for you but nobody wants you, don't believe me, go look yourself."
Maybe it's the kick in the arse he needs.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I think if anyone was willing to take him he'd have been traded by now.

I imagine what has happened is the Oilers have shopped him around, couldn't find a taker. And now have told Kass and his agent that they can try and find something and if they can't figure it out he's going on waivers.

Hopefully they can find a taker otherwise Bakersfield is going to have a 2 million dollar forward.

North

Jun 25, 2009
How do you give a player permission to seek a trade? Tell the agent we want a 5th round pick and to start making calls?

No it's more like go out there and sell a team on your player and we'll make the trade.

I imagine the Oilers made some calls but found no takers.

Reactions: Zaddy and OilDrop37

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
How do you give a player permission to seek a trade? Tell the agent we want a 5th round pick and to start making calls?

This isn't that uncommon, I actually think the oilers have done this a couple times in the past couple years as well, it's just usually an off season bottom of the roster type moves. GMs tell agents that they cant find any takers and that they are willing to move them for anything as long as they dont have to retain. Agents try to convince other GMs to take a chance, and most of the time it results in waivers and minors. I suspect Grybas agent was shopping him before Chia elected for a mercy buyout.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

We're done with him.

Good.
Not at all disappointed to see this.

Not a Kassian fan. Too much stupid in his game IMO.

Reactions: Supermassive

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'd think he'd fit with the Devils. They have speed and lack grit.
I think the only way someone takes him is if they can dump an unwanted contract in return. The Devils don't really have a contract like that do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->