Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Kassian's Days Numbered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So, what's left to try changing with this org? Since Lowe became POHO, we've shuffled GM's 3 times. Changed coaches, what, 6 times? Drafted 1st overall 4 times. Turned over the entire roster something like 3 or 4 times. Got a fancy new arena with all amenities players apparently need to be at their best. Team is still performing right around where it was when Lowe started as POHO.

So, what's left? Joey Moss replacement? Change the team name? Hire witch doctors to check for a curse? Or, god forbid, do we start clearing out the only constants left in this org, besides Katz, that have been here since this disaster began?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Sort of a joke but not at the same time. Having Chiarelli do the trades would be a disaster. Having Oilers develop can also be a disaster.

Its really simple. We have drafted poorly in the past. We are drafting better now and we are seeing the results early in Bako.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Call up Benson, Marody and Jones...Throw some energy in there

RNH-McDavid-Chiasson
Benson-Draisailt-Rieder
Lucic-Strome-Marody
Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russel
Jones-Benning

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I really think now more than ever is the time for patience. The NHL is such a tight league that a Colorado or NJ can finish last and then make the playoffs the next year. Sakic got ridiculed for his patience.

We have McDavid, Draisaitl and Nuge. Klef and Larsson are really good dmen.

Chances are if we are patient with everyone down in Bakersfield, we have some secondary scoring on the way next season.
Chances are one or both of Jones/Bouchard are ready to help our Blueline next season. (Bouchard in a similar way to Werenski in Columbus).

The worst thing that happens is we miss the playoffs one more time, and draft another forward to add to that depth on the way.

Wait for an opportunity to move bad contracts without trading a first, be patient with what we have the system and keep drafting the way we have been. I know its painful after what we have been through, but we HAVE to be patient!

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I really think now more than ever is the time for patience. The NHL is such a tight league that a Colorado or NJ can finish last and then make the playoffs the next year. Sakic got ridiculed for his patience.

Chances are if we are patient with everyone down in Bakersfield, we have some secondary scoring on the way next season.
Chances are one or both of Jones/Bouchard are ready to help our Blueline next season. (Bouchard in a similar way to Werenski in Columbus).

The worst thing that happens is we miss the playoffs one more time, and draft another forward to add to that depth on the way.

Wait for an opportunity to move bad contracts without trading a first, be patient with what we have the system and keep drafting the way we have been. I know its painful after what we have been through, but we HAVE to be patient!

Chances are Gagner will be a franchise center Cogliano a first line center, nielson a first line winger, paajarvi will be a first line winger, marincin and gernat will be our Slovakian giants on the Blueline, one of our 10 goalie prospects has to turn out, Lucic will put up 40-50 points a year, our fourth overall pick will turn into a top line scoring winger, etc etc etc.

This team has been waiting for these "chances" since forever.

Patience is the only thing this team has been selling for the last 12 years.

Asking for any more is a slap in the face to every fan of the oilers. The fact that we've had this long to wait, with so many "promising propsects" is a joke. Why should anyone ever be patient with this organization any more.

The new NHL isn't any different from the NHL 10 years ago in terms of personel and development. You need a staff that can develop propsects, a scouting group that can find good propsects, and the ability to not have to rely on them immediately.

Also the drafting has not been better until we see NHL results, of which there are none outside of McDavid, but a monkey could have made that pick.

The best draft pick to turn out lately is drai and he was a Mact pick. Everyone's praising Gretzky and chia like they're finding all these hidden gems... Well everyone looks good until they get onto this team. Give them a year in oilers colors and tell me how good our drafting is then.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Not with this GM.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
That is not the worst thing that could happen though. The worst thing that could happen is that we miss the playoffs, draft another forward, bank on our fringe guys stepping up next year and then AGAIN miss the playoffs.

The reality is that we don't have the depth to compete in this league. We have a whole bunch of 3rd/4th liner fringe players who will show flashes of brilliance but we don't have any true complimentary top 6 players to add to McDavid and Draisaitl. McDavid can still put up points because he's a stud, but Draisaitl needs good wingers or he won't score at even strength.

We're wasting McDavid's years with this organization and the idea of being patient doesn't work for me. We've been way too patient over the past few years, and that's part of the reason why we're in this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad