Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | I'll Trade You My Ham Sandwich For Your Filet Mignon

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
1 for 1? I will take that and run lmaooo.

Yeah I don't think so. Serg is RFA, and will be getting a pretty big pay hike. We need to protect him in the Seattle draft. He was sheltered in Tampa playing with Hedman. He is a LHS, vs Bouchard who is a RHS. I'm not sure if I make that trade 1 for 1 to be honest. I'd have to dig into Serg a lot more to understand his underlying numbers and what not, but it is certainly not a slam dunk of a trade for me.

Reactions: dssource and frag2

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Wtf is with people wanting to throw Klefbom away? We don't even know the extent of his injury when he'll be back if he'll be back etc and people just want to throw him away like he's a cap dump?

At worst he's been a solid #3 on a very good contract with a bum shoulder and suddenly he's trash?

Klefbom is a legit top pairing Dman on a great contract. He should be on our untouchables list with Mcdavid, Draisaitl and RNH.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Klefbom is a legit top pairing Dman on a great contract. He should be on our untouchables list with Mcdavid, Draisaitl and RNH.

He is not a legit top pairing Dman. Just because he plays a lot of minutes on a team that doesn't have anybody better doesn't make him one.

Part of the reason why the Oilers have stunk for so long is because they depend on Klefbom so heavily and he's too unreliable to be depended on because most of the time he's missing games or playing injured, every year. Untouchable? That's crazy talk.
You don't give him away of course but he's most certainly on the trade list for the right deal.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

I totally disagree with this. 30 games a year he plays like a top pairing guy, about 10 games a year he is the worst D man on the team. He gets hurt a lot. He is an inconsistent player.

His contract is excellent no doubt about that, as far as replacing his contributions? Not too hard.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Klefbom doesn't play enough games at a high level to be a legit top pairing defender. He gets massively overplayed, same with Nurse cause Tippett doesn't trust our d for shit. That's a bad thing.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Sorry guys but what is this deleted item that everybody is quoting and referring to?

I don't see anything which has been deleted on my device...it's a tweet which implies OEL Boston and Van are the only two teams he'll accept a trade to with offers on the table. That's how I interpret it anyways.

Reactions: Faelko

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
He is not a legit top pairing Dman. Just because he plays a lot of minutes on a team that doesn't have anybody better doesn't make him one.

Part of the reason why the Oilers have stunk for so long is because they depend on Klefbom so heavily and he's too unreliable to be depended on because most of the time he's missing games or playing injured, every year. Untouchable? That's crazy talk.
You don't give him away of course but he's most certainly on the trade list for the right deal.

The 2 years that he played the majority of the season we finished 2nd in our division. 2 points behind Anaheim in 2016-17 and 3 points behind Vegas this year. He's not flashy but he makes his partner better and has a good first pass. I'm not saying he's a #1 but he's an excellent #2 and should be untouchable with his current contract.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The 2 years that he played the majority of the season we finished 2nd in our division. 2 points behind Anaheim in 2016-17 and 3 points behind Vegas this year. He's not flashy but he makes his partner better and has a good first pass. I'm not saying he's a #1 but he's an excellent #2 and should be untouchable with his current contract.
Doesn't that first part worry you? He might miss this whole year for surgery, and has played the majority of the year for is TWICE.
If he is usually missing a bunch of the year and your team can only make the playoffs when he is healthy....that's a damn problem when he is rarely healthy.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Slew of goalie deals this morning. Is this going to be like goalie musical chairs this year where more guys sign early for less just to make sure they stay in the league with the flat cap? I'm curious if that'll have an effect on the mid level UFA goalies. A team like Edmonton could get a good deal on a 1B option if Holland is patient, but could also get left holding the bag depending on how things shake out.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Just like how Petry was a “#5 dman on other teams” right? Our fanbase seems to have realized what a **** up running Petry out of town was (there was like 3 of us defending Petry, but now everyone acts like they knew what he was back then...) but now they’re trying to do it with Klefa? Jesus Christ. Stop trying to dump our best dman.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Doesn't that first part worry you? He might miss this whole year for surgery, and has played the majority of the year for is TWICE.
If he is usually missing a bunch of the year and your team can only make the playoffs when he is healthy....that's a damn problem when he is rarely healthy.

Hopefully his shoulder is good after this major surgery and we can get 2 full seasons out of him before he gets a raise. The problem is that we now need a top 4 Dman to replace him next season.

McJesusSaves97

I see the light
May 17, 2015
Cowtown: Behind Enemy Lines
Just like how Petry was a “#5 dman on other teams” right? Our fanbase seems to have realized what a **** up running Petry out of town was (there was like 3 of us defending Petry, but now everyone acts like they knew what he was back then...) but now they’re trying to do it with Klefa? Jesus Christ. Stop trying to dump our best dman.
I don't think anybody is trying to dump him...he certainly should not be untouchable though

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Hopefully his shoulder is good after this major surgery and we can get 2 full seasons out of him before he gets a raise. The problem is that we now need a top 4 Dman to replace him next season.
Hopefully is shoulder is good. Something we have said many many times.
The team needs to stop treating Klefbom as it's top defender and find one that can actually play for us at a good level for most of a season. Then when Klefbom is actually healthy for a bit, it's a boost.

Relying on a constantly injured guy to run your dcore is a major reason the team can't stay good

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

Yeah MacT really f***ed up not signing Petry long term when he had the chance. But...McDavid...so....

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad