Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | I'll Trade You My Ham Sandwich For Your Filet Mignon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
The 2 years that he played the majority of the season we finished 2nd in our division. 2 points behind Anaheim in 2016-17 and 3 points behind Vegas this year. He's not flashy but he makes his partner better and has a good first pass. I'm not saying he's a #1 but he's an excellent #2 and should be untouchable with his current contract.

I call him almost untouchable. His contract is fantastic and he is certainly a great minute muncher. His frailty is the only possible reason you would ever consider moving him.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
I always thought Grabner was a pretty good player. Then I checked his stats. 5 teams in 7 years now. Never played a whole season in his career (4/12 seasons where he played >70 games). 40 points was his peak in the past 10 years. Average seems to be in the low 20s. Yikes

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm kind of surprised no one has traded for Hall's rights (yet) to get a leg up on negotiations. Unless his agent has told the Coyotes to tell teams not to bother, he wants to experience free agency.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm kind of surprised no one has traded for Hall's rights (yet) to get a leg up on negotiations. Unless his agent has told the Coyotes to tell teams not to bother, he wants to experience free agency.
I guarantee he does or they really are trying to sign him.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Grabner is what we wanted Rieder and Nygard to be. I can see Tippett being interested.

Reactions: BlackDogg

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I always thought Grabner was a pretty good player. Then I checked his stats. 5 teams in 7 years now. Never played a whole season in his career (4/12 seasons where he played >70 games). 40 points was his peak in the past 10 years. Average seems to be in the low 20s. Yikes
I wonder if there's something to these guys. Grabner, Byron, Hagelin. Everytime they play in the West, their game disintegrates.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Looks like everyone is finally realizing that their is only so much money to go around. Players are going to sign for a lot cheaper than other years.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Hopefully is shoulder is good. Something we have said many many times.
The team needs to stop treating Klefbom as it's top defender and find one that can actually play for us at a good level for most of a season. Then when Klefbom is actually healthy for a bit, it's a boost.

Relying on a constantly injured guy to run your dcore is a major reason the team can't stay good

Why don’t you fly to AZ and put a gun to OEL’s head to force Edmonton onto his trade list or maybe kidnap one of Pietro’s kids so he signs here.

Finding a bonafide top pairing guy is one of the hardest things to do, made even harder by the fact that Edmonton hasn’t had much success and many players have Some sort of nmc/ntc or usually have multiple suitors in UFA and aren’t willing to sign or be traded to Edmonton. Options and times to acquire such players are extremely limited for our team and most times it’s a Larsson situation where you’re gambling on a player to become more.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Someone else mentioned this already, but why haven't the Oilers looked at signing Vladimir Tkachev. Dude is still only 24 and looks like he's off to a hot start with 10 points in 10 games. He was also excited to play here last time.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Klefbom was the league leader in ice time for a good stretch last year, and when he is out of the lineup we always get caved. People underplaying his contribution to the team are out of their gourds. His shoulder injury has clearly effected his offensive capability yet he has remained our best option on the PP. Imagine if he didn’t wreck his shoulder after that 12 goal season. He is so shy to shoot with his shoulder pain, its obvious watching him compared to 2016-17 when he was looking to load up the shot as often as possible. This guy would be an undisputed elite stud if he still had that aspect of his game. What if he gets the shoulder surgery and it actually helps? What if he gets his shot and offensive confidence back and stays healthy from there on? It’s a travesty, tbh.

Great point. Anytime Kleffy B is out of the lineup our team looks horrible. And yeh he was a shooting machine a couple years back, even came in and said he specifically wanted to shoot more in his game before those seasons. I will say though that despite the volume of shots, the points didn't come like they would for better blue line shooters... but its the Oilers and any bit of offence from D is appreciated. I still think a Bear or Bouchard would be able to bring more offense... but in terms of overall game, Klef is supremely important to this mediocre defence of ours.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Looks like everyone is finally realizing that their is only so much money to go around. Players are going to sign for a lot cheaper than other years.

A great year to lock in some cheap contracts... other teams will benefit, we'll pick up the scraps, cast offs, and no-names from Europe.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
The Panel had a draft preview and both Stauffer & Bob guessed that the Oilers would pick Jarvis @ 14 if he's available (or trade down if their player gets taken).

Tony Brar guessed Jack Quinn.

Didn’t jack Michaels think Helge Grans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad