Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hey Ken Where's the Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I’m sorry guys but Holland has to give significant pieces to get significant pieces back. You’re not going to get a top 6 winger for Lagesson and a 4th.

Reactions: Porkleaker

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014

Okay disregard my previous post this is like giving up Rasanen, Khaira and a 2nd (not a whole lot).

Edit: never mind Madden is kinda good

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
K
Ideally we have two new wingers for McDavid next season that isn’t Neal and Kassian. Neal is bad 5X5 and Kassian got cold the last 30 games. Ideally you want 2 skilled, fast players. One with a shoot first mentality and one that is great along the boards and at getting the puck.
Kassian went cold as soon as he wasn't paired with the top 2 scorers in the NHL.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Okay disregard my previous post this is like giving up Rasanen, Khaira and a 2nd (not a whole lot).

Edit: never mind Madden is kinda good

Yeah haha. I was going to say Madden is eons better than Rasanen. One is one of the best players in the NCAA and the other is a 4th line NCAAer who got a bump in points from Alex Newhook.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Trade seems reasonable compared to the trades yesterday. I think the trade will help the Canucks make the playoffs (which is obviously important for them) but not really sure it moves the needle much for them to be honest. They already have a pretty good group of forwards.

This trade at least makes me feel like Holland might be able to do something.

Edit - I underestimated Madden a bit I think.

Last edited:

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Schiller is just a contract...

2nd and a prospect... seems like usual deadline fare.

Remember our return for Dustin Penner?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Not sure i'd be willing to give up Mcleod yet for a Toffoli rental

Yeah I wouldnt personally. I think if Holland is giving up assets, he needs someone who has some term.

I think Toffolli will help the Canucks in the short term but I think they have such a young core, that they need to continue to build. Seems like a unnecessary trade to me but to be fair I thought the Miller trade was bad at the time, and it obviously hasnt been so maybe their pro scouts know something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad