Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Y'know you never know. Taylor Hall is a guy who studies hockey history a lot ... he knows how rare a player like Connor McDavid is. He may be willing to take less money, or at least less money in year 7/8 of a contract to make it work.

There is an ego appeal to him too to know that him coming back would be what makes the Oilers a legit good team, he's the piece needed, it would a nice book end career wise.

If he were to come back and win here I think he knows it would be incredibly emotional, talk about a full circle sports story.

100% agreed. I think Hall will value winning a cup (or more) than a couple million a year. Obviously it adds up but players have sacrificed money for winning before. The maturity is likely there for him to concede being the go to guy as well, and I think he'd take ownership of running a 1B line. It just depends on if he sees us as one of those options (if he makes it to UFA), or if we can work out a deal with Shero (if he's traded after expressing interest to Shero of coming here).

Plus all of the management and player baggage from before I think are no longer here. Friedman alluded to that as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: frag2

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Crazy idea, with the Stars just an utter disaster if they continued to be so, I wonder if Holland could make a play for Klingberg. He's 27, with 2 more years left. I'm not suggesting he would come cheap, but it would certainly be someone to look at. And no, you don't trade Bouchard for him
We have nothing worth a Klingberg that you want to give up lol

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Hall to BUF makes sense . They will have cap room next year onwards, other factors:Kruger as coach, close to Toronto, winning team etc

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
I haven't seen Tippet pull off anything different than McLellan did. The only difference in that McDavid/Draisaitl have started the season with a 2+ ppg avg and the goaltenders haven't been demoralized yet because of being peppered for 45 minutes a game.

PK is 5th in the league. Was a historic low last season, which was absolutely embarrasing.....so a yeah, it's not just cause of McDavid and Draisaitl.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Russell to WPG for a 3rd
Pulju and an obligatory 2nd for Zucker

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Zucker-RNH-Neal
Nygard-Sheahan-Chiasson
Granlund-Haas-Jurco
Archibald, Russell

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Lagesson-Larsson
Benning

Smith/Koskinen

Mandog and Khaira waived.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Bokk for Puljujarvi, get it done Holland. That or one of Carolina’s two 1sts

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
LeBrun says the Hurricanes have asked about Puljujarvi again.

Bokk for Puljujarvi, get it done Holland. That or one of Carolina’s two 1sts

Carolina has 2 firsts... Very interesting.

Puljujarvi is worth a mid first. I'd actually say in most years I'd turn it down. But this is supposed to be a good draft.

The extra first could be part of the fantasy Hall acquisition. Or just a good drafting tool.

Reactions: Raab

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
100% agreed. I think Hall will value winning a cup (or more) than a couple million a year. Obviously it adds up but players have sacrificed money for winning before. The maturity is likely there for him to concede being the go to guy as well, and I think he'd take ownership of running a 1B line. It just depends on if he sees us as one of those options (if he makes it to UFA), or if we can work out a deal with Shero (if he's traded after expressing interest to Shero of coming here).

Plus all of the management and player baggage from before I think are no longer here. Friedman alluded to that as well.
Nice to dream, nice to justify, but your on cloud 9....really hope you dont fall off and that im wrong.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Carolina has 2 firsts... Very interesting.

Puljujarvi is worth a mid first. I'd actually say in most years I'd turn it down. But this is supposed to be a good draft.

The extra first could be part of the fantasy Hall acquisition. Or just a good drafting tool.
Lets say your a GM...would you give up a first for Puljujarvi....would you even give up a second ...

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Lets say your a GM...would you give up a first for Puljujarvi....would you even give up a second ...

On a pure talent perspective absolutely. The only reason I wouldn't is because of the lame trade request and hold out.

With Aho on Carolina I think that is less of an issue.

Puljujarvi is an nhl talent. That has been mismanaged. I'm no longer sold he can be anything special but he can absolutely be a complimentary piece to a top 6.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Nice to dream, nice to justify, but your on cloud 9....really hope you dont fall off and that im wrong.

I don't think that it's likely, but it's possible. It also takes two to tango and Holland might not want to commit cap to a player his age.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
They're calling him a ****ing idiot over on the NJ board too, lol. I'd just ignore it. Obviously at this point it's some kind of irrational personal vendetta he has.

Just like there are a few less than intelligent posters here disregarding all the evidence that hall is an issue there are some there as well (although i have to say those few on th NJ board are way more classy than a few of the posters on this board which is actually disheartening because Canadians are supposed to be better and more classy) . i was there defending those who dare speak ill of hall. telling them they are correct about their instincts about hall and not to let mindless hall lovers dissuade them. The hypocrisy of some of you is laughable saying i'm obsessed with this hall thing because you're equally obsessed with checking my post history and feeling the need to slag me for any hall post.

If you think you somehow know better based on your advanced stats over the opinions of actual nhl players and coaches who played with and coached hall and who have issues with hall then there's little hope for you. It's so bafflingly backwards. I guess that's what being a fan is for some people.... go with the heart and love of the player and completely abandoning any semblance of common sense.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Just like there are a few less than intelligent posters here disregarding all the evidence that hall is an issue there are some there as well (although i have to say those few on th NJ board are way more classy than a few of the posters on this board which is actually disheartening because Canadians are supposed to be better and more classy) . i was there defending those who dare speak ill of hall. telling them they are correct about their instincts about hall and not to let mindless hall lovers dissuade them. The hypocrisy of some of you is laughable saying i'm obsessed with this hall thing because you're equally obsessed with checking my post history and feeling the need to slag me for any hall post.

If you think you somehow know better based on your advanced stats over the opinions of actual nhl players and coaches who played with and coached hall and who have issues with hall then there's little hope for you. It's so bafflingly backwards. I guess that's what being a fan is for some people.... go with the heart and love of the player and completely abandoning any semblance of common sense.
So leave nobody really wants to read your posts on the matter anyway. FYI I didn't actually read this post.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
If I'm Hall I'd think twice about signing here. The Edmonton media and a ton of fans treated him like absolute garbage on his way out. Sure, at the start of his career he was an entitled little shit but he matured over time.

Reactions: harpoon

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I was on the NJ board to see what their ask on Hall might be not because I give a wet fart about your agenda to scapegoat one player about what you post, and sure enough they're calling you an idiot over there, what a shocker, lol.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014

Ckp4zWL.gif

Reactions: Oilhawks

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I was on the NJ board to see what their ask on Hall might be not because I give a wet fart about your agenda to scapegoat one player about what you post, and sure enough they're calling you an idiot over there, what a shocker, lol.

no there was no name calling there. you guys still never have any good explanation of how any logical person could completely ignore the words of former NHL players and coaches on hall. just glaze over it by saying "o that coach was garbage or that player was a plug at the end of his career or klefbom couldn't carry hall's jock etc". again, pretty sure they know the situation with hall 1000x better than you and a few posters here. just snide disparaging remarks because you disagree.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
no there was no name calling there. you guys still never have any good explanation of how any logical person could completely ignore the words of former NHL players and coaches on hall. just glaze over it by saying "o that coach was garbage or that player was a plug at the end of his career or klefbom couldn't carry hall's jock etc". again, pretty sure they know the situation with hall 1000x better than you and a few posters here. just snide disparaging remarks because you disagree.
Whats your thoughts on Kassian?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Woohoo, let's cripple our cap and cost us RNH and Nurse!
If Hall is just chasing money I think we can all kind of agree we can't compete against the top bid, but if he is willing to take a $1.5-$2M haircut it is plausible we can make it work without losing either or RNH or Nurse. That isn't to say it wouldn't be tight or we wouldn't have to trim some salary like Russell or Larsson. Also the fact that Nurse and RNH contract expiration dates are staggered helps a great deal as Nuge's money will come from a rising cap.

The catalyst to Chicago pushing through to being able to win a Stanley Cup was the Hossa pick-up and more recently for the Pens it was the Kessel acquisition, these are game breaking forwards that can propel a line to success. The difference between us and them is they were both already good teams and both had good depth, for us the good team thing is still up in the air and the depth clearly isn't there, so we'd clearly be doing things out of order, but players of Hall's caliber are real hard to come by (especially for this market) if he wants back I want to do our damnedest to make it work and try to fix the depth thing after the fact. It seems like people still underrate Hall cause he hasn't played for a winner, if you look into his analytics over the past 3 years he's a tier up on players like Patrick Kane, Artemi Panarin, and Alexander Ovechkin.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad