Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
First off, you’re the last person on HF to be calling out grammar.

Second off, I’m standing by what I said. The Oilers, after Chiarelli was gone but before Holland, were prepared to give Hall an offer once he hit UFA.

Well hopefully Holland isnt stupid enough to wreck our team for the sake of a sob story.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
jumping thru hoops? i'm simply saying i'd not like to see him back here and there is a lot of evidence from former teammates and coaches and the things they said about hall to back me up.

Please post. I have not heard and seen anything and can’t seem to find anything while googling. Teammates and coaches often don’t throw each other under the bus. I know a few agents and I’ve heard nothing of the sort

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I don't know if it was mentioned, but lagesson was officially recalled

SYG6Y7T.png

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
DONT do it. And there is a reason there is a cap- IS it for Neal for Hall, OK . do it then for the nostalgia.
KEEP the young talents. GOD!!

Insane.

But what do I know, I personally dont like or think Hall is a good enough/valueable player. Hurt to much, puckhound, soon to be past is prime already.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Please post. I have not heard and seen anything and can’t seem to find anything while googling. Teammates and coaches often don’t throw each other under the bus. I know a few agents and I’ve heard nothing of the sort

Gonna try to turn a new leaf here. I stand by my opinions on Hall but I'm going to try not to get into long rambles about it anymore. Much as I don't care for the guy I think it's not fair I'm ragging so much on him and I shouldn't conduct myself that way. Apologies to the board for the rants. Passionate Oil fan and all i want is the best for this team. The decade of darkness has really soured a lot of us. Hopefully this year we begin the turn around.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Personally I'd be very surprised if Hall gets 10+ on a contender.

He's going to have to choose between money and contention. I think teams will be weary after how the Tavares contract challenged the Leafs to sign their young stars and manage the cap.

Mark Stone got 9.5 and IMO that's a guy more vuluable for a long playoff run than Hall (no offense to Taylor)
Open market vs. re-signing is different.

Panarin makes 1m less than McDavid.. Hall will get 11 if he wants to chase money.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I have zero clue why people would be hoping for Hall, when you factor in the pieces we would have to trade and the money we would have to pay him.

Ken should pursue Kreider/Ehlers for that 2nd line LW spot, and Coleman and/or Tierney for the 3rd line.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
First off, you’re the last person on HF to be calling out grammar.

Second off, I’m standing by what I said. The Oilers, after Chiarelli was gone but before Holland, were prepared to give Hall an offer once he hit UFA.
So you’re saying this was the “directionless ship” that was the Oilers front office before Holland was hired that was going to do this? That’s good news.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Open market vs. re-signing is different.

Panarin makes 1m less than McDavid.. Hall will get 11 if he wants to chase money.

Stone could have gone to the open market.

Panarin didnt sign with a contender though. Yes Hall can get 11 mill on a team like that and hope in a few years they're going for it. But if he wants a contender now, the pay cut has to happen.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I have zero clue why people would be hoping for Hall, when you factor in the pieces we would have to trade and the money we would have to pay him.

Ken should pursue Kreider/Ehlers for that 2nd line LW spot, and Coleman and/or Tierney for the 3rd line.

I mentioned Tierney in the other thread, he'd be ideal for that 3C role.

Wonder if a deal around him and Puljujarvi could get done.

Reactions: Moreaupheus

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'm not going to lie, the idea of a top 6 like this has me drooling:

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Hall-RNH-Neal

At the same time, Hall will command $10M+ so I just can't see us fitting him into our cap structure given that we'll need to start paying more for our defence soon (heck, starting next season with Nurse). The only way I can see it working is if Hall wants to sign a one or two year deal and I can't see him doing that given this will be his chance for a big payday.

Reactions: ErnieScar Brocket99

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Given Hall's injury history and the number of losing seasons he's had, I have a feeling that if a contender comes in with a max term contract averaging 8.5-9 a year (65-70 mil on an 8 year contract), he'll bite.

This may be his last NHL contract (unless he gets bought out of his next one). Players like that tend to value term and total contract value more than average annual salary.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I mentioned Tierney in the other thread, he'd be ideal for that 3C role.

Wonder if a deal around him and Puljujarvi could get done.
We would definitely have to add, and I would be okay with that.

Puljujarvi + Jones + 3rd round pick in 2020/2021. I imagine that would be close to fair value.

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
DONT do it. And there is a reason there is a cap- IS it for Neal for Hall, OK . do it then for the nostalgia.
KEEP the young talents. GOD!!

Insane.

But what do I know, I personally dont like or think Hall is a good enough/valueable player. Hurt to much, puckhound, soon to be past is prime already.

I agree with this post! Hall is:

- Hurt alot
- Entitled
- One dimensional
- Questionable personality
- Entitled

We don't need another top 6 player. We need a couple of awesome bottom sixers. For balance on the ice and in the checkbook.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Crazy idea, with the Stars just an utter disaster if they continued to be so, I wonder if Holland could make a play for Klingberg. He's 27, with 2 more years left. I'm not suggesting he would come cheap, but it would certainly be someone to look at. And no, you don't trade Bouchard for him
How about Bouchard for Heiskenen? Or Bouchard plus JP and a 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad