Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
no there was no name calling there. you guys still never have any good explanation of how any logical person could completely ignore the words of former NHL players and coaches on hall. just glaze over it by saying "o that coach was garbage or that player was a plug at the end of his career or klefbom couldn't carry hall's jock etc". again, pretty sure they know the situation with hall 1000x better than you and a few posters here. just snide disparaging remarks because you disagree.

People who assess players on only character should be ignored completely.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
no there was no name calling there. you guys still never have any good explanation of how any logical person could completely ignore the words of former NHL players and coaches on hall. just glaze over it by saying "o that coach was garbage or that player was a plug at the end of his career or klefbom couldn't carry hall's jock etc". again, pretty sure they know the situation with hall 1000x better than you and a few posters here. just snide disparaging remarks because you disagree.

Ckp4zWL.gif

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Just like there are a few less than intelligent posters here disregarding all the evidence that hall is an issue there are some there as well (although i have to say those few on th NJ board are way more classy than a few of the posters on this board which is actually disheartening because Canadians are supposed to be better and more classy) . i was there defending those who dare speak ill of hall. telling them they are correct about their instincts about hall and not to let mindless hall lovers dissuade them. The hypocrisy of some of you is laughable saying i'm obsessed with this hall thing because you're equally obsessed with checking my post history and feeling the need to slag me for any hall post.

If you think you somehow know better based on your advanced stats over the opinions of actual nhl players and coaches who played with and coached hall and who have issues with hall then there's little hope for you. It's so bafflingly backwards. I guess that's what being a fan is for some people.... go with the heart and love of the player and completely abandoning any semblance of common sense.
I read and read this post and still don't understand it. Maybe it's the vodka

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
You should of read up on what kind of person he was before the oilers.

Hall steal your girl at the club when he was here or something?

his issues were off ice. i don't recall reading a bunch of stuff about him being a terrible teammate and having all the things, hockey related, said about him as there is about hall.

neither me or my gf ever met hall. why did he steal your's?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
his issues were off ice. i don't recall reading a bunch of stuff about him being a terrible teammate and having all the things, hockey related, said about him as there is about hall.

I'm not the one jumping through hoops to tear someone down.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
but i'm not. ive stated many times i don't like his irresponsible play on the ice and overall hockey sense and iq.

Ckp4zWL.gif

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I'm not the one jumping through hoops to tear someone down.

jumping thru hoops? i'm simply saying i'd not like to see him back here and there is a lot of evidence from former teammates and coaches and the things they said about hall to back me up.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
but i'm not. ive stated many times i don't like his irresponsible play on the ice and overall hockey sense and iq.
Yea, if he has bad hockey sense /IQ and is irresponsible on the ice, then what abilities led to him winning the Hart?

blue_n_copper

Nov 30, 2006
I don't want to pay what it would take to get Hall as a rental and that would make no sense unless we were Stanley Cup threats at the deadline which we won't be of course. And I sure don't want to pay him more than Draisatl to re-sign here. I still have a number 4 Hall jersey in my closet. I loved him when he was here and I am still a fan but the past is the past.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Personally I'd be very surprised if Hall gets 10+ on a contender.

He's going to have to choose between money and contention. I think teams will be weary after how the Tavares contract challenged the Leafs to sign their young stars and manage the cap.

Mark Stone got 9.5 and IMO that's a guy more vuluable for a long playoff run than Hall (no offense to Taylor)

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Chiarelli did him dirty ... Chiarelli (and McLellan for that matter) are both gone and he can have the satisfaction of knowing in the long run trading him blew up in both of their faces.

With McDavid and Draisaitl of *today* (not the rookie versions) plus RNH, Klefbom, Nurse ... I think Hall has as much of a chance of winning here as just about anywhere else (without taking a massive pay cut).

Lol, you think guys like Lowe had no input on who Chiarelli needed Move asap? Suspect even Katz doesn't want him here.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
If Hall is just chasing money I think we can all kind of agree we can't compete against the top bid, but if he is willing to take a $1.5-$2M haircut it is plausible we can make it work without losing either or RNH or Nurse. That isn't to say it wouldn't be tight or we wouldn't have to trim some salary like Russell or Larsson. Also the fact that Nurse and RNH contract expiration dates are staggered helps a great deal as Nuge's money will come from a rising cap.

The catalyst to Chicago pushing through to being able to win a Stanley Cup was the Hossa pick-up and more recently for the Pens it was the Kessel acquisition, these are game breaking forwards that can propel a line to success. The difference between us and them is they were both already good teams and both had good depth, for us the good team thing is still up in the air and the depth clearly isn't there, so we'd clearly be doing things out of order, but players of Hall's caliber are real hard to come by (especially for this market) if he wants back I want to do our damnedest to make it work and try to fix the depth thing after the fact. It seems like people still underrate Hall cause he hasn't played for a winner, if you look into his analytics over the past 3 years he's a tier up on players like Patrick Kane, Artemi Panarin, and Alexander Ovechkin.
He is as likely to go to Florida as he is to Edmonton lol....maybe a lot more so!

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
and I am offering my services nightly to Selma Heyak and Penalope Cruz--dont mean they will say yes

and if the 10 mill rumours ask is correct? we will have a very bad botto 6 of ECHL players

First off, you’re the last person on HF to be calling out grammar.

Second off, I’m standing by what I said. The Oilers, after Chiarelli was gone but before Holland, were prepared to give Hall an offer once he hit UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad