Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
So who do you believe?

I don't really know what you're asking.

I believe that Leavins was needlessly and stupidly speculating about MacT because that's what's written in the source you provided. He provides no information on MacT or claims to only wild speculation that adds nothing to the piece.

Do I know if MacT was for or against the trade? Absolutely not but the difference is I'm not throwing out wild speculation to justify my opinion.

What we know is Hall loved Edmonton (if you believe his interviews and I do) and the people in power when he was traded are almost all gone from hockey ops.

Why cloud the conversation by injecting a bunch of trash to the conversation as Leavins chose to here for whatever reason.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Hall is a pipe dream, he’d be a depth killer and really limit our options.

this team needs a top end 3C and then they need to fill out the wings using drafting and solid pro scouting to find players that will be good fits for our roster and compliment the core players well.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't really know what you're asking.

I believe that Leavins was needlessly and stupidly speculating about MacT because that's what's written in the source you provided. He provides no information on MacT or claims to only wild speculation that adds nothing to the piece.

Do I know if MacT was for or against the trade? Absolutely not but the difference is I'm not throwing out wild speculation to justify my opinion.

What we know is Hall loved Edmonton (if you believe his interviews and I do) and the people in power when he was traded are almost all gone from hockey ops.

Why cloud the conversation by injecting a bunch of trash to the conversation as Leavins chose to here for whatever reason.
What’s interesting is that I think the original version of the article only had him identifying THREE people. I think it was updated to four with MacT later.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Can anyone stomach E. Staal for Khaira, Gagner, and a 2nd(becomes a 1st if Staal scores 50 this year)

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I don't see Minnesota doing that. One has little value and the other has negative

They are in such a desperate spot though. The wiggle room alone it provides value, along with a somewhat decent draft pick as an asset for their troubles. That might not be the exact deal that gets done, but for Minnesota it's the start of a conversation

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Getting a bottom six center that Tipp will play for more than 8 minutes at 5v5 would probably go a long way.

Oh don’t worry we have Haas oh wait no we have Gagner...

why Hollsnd did not plug that hole in the summer f***ing baffels me

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

why Hollsnd did not plug that hole in the summer ****ing baffels me

U do realize the only reason we have cap space is due to Larssons injury?

Looks like smith will hit his bonuses and we will have a recapture penalty hit next season.

Holland went barging shopping because we have no cap space.

Get used to our bottom 6 being on lower end contracts for awhile

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I suspect Haas will be back in Bern by Dec 1st if not sooner..

We just got to figure out how to get rid of the other dead weight to try other cats away toys.

I had hope for some of them but turns out none can score

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Yeah all that cap space that he had to work with. He had to build 2/3 of a roster while shopping at a thrift store while not mortgaging the future. Did alright. Team is 7-1-1 and looking way better than they did previous years. He plugged all the holes in a sinking ship, but a few of them are just temporary plugs.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018

Man...

Holland tried to sign Brassard, but Brass picked the east coast.

You can only do what you can do. Holland said numerous times he wanted to get a 3C. He tried, he'll keep trying.

Reactions: Consultant

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Feels like there haven't been a lot of interesting names pass through waivers so far this year since that one day where everyone had a favorite they wanted to claim. Just checked up on those individuals some were pining for:

Daniel Sprong 4GP 1G 1A 2Pts
Joshua Ho-Sang 0GP
Sven Baertschi 4GP 2G 6A 8Pts
Nikolai Goldobin 4GP 1G 8A 9Pts

*Reid Boucher is leading the league with 5GP 8G 2A 10Pts, Utica appears to be red hot at the moment

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Feels like there haven't been a lot of interesting names pass through waivers so far this year since that one day where everyone had a favorite they wanted to claim. Just checked up on those individuals some were pining for:

Joshua Ho-Sang 0GP

*Reid Boucher is leading the league with 5GP 8G 2A 10Pts, Utica appears to be red hot at the moment

Man I'd like to take a chance on Sven Baertschi, but the long term nature of his contract kills any chance of that.

Reactions: McDrai

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Joshua Ho-Sang 0GP

Yeah, Utica is almost averaging 6 goals a game haha.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Hall is a pipe dream, he’d be a depth killer and really limit our options.

this team needs a top end 3C and then they need to fill out the wings using drafting and solid pro scouting to find players that will be good fits for our roster and compliment the core players well.
What depth is there to kill? We’ve got 0 goals from our bottom 6.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
What depth is there to kill? We’ve got 0 goals from our bottom 6.
RNH or Nurse becomes the depth we would have to kill if we are after Hall.

We are at/over the cap with 9 forwards including Kassian making 10M total. How are we fitting in Hall long term at 10M+

Palmieri > Hall for what we lack

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
RNH or Nurse becomes the depth we would have to kill if we are after Hall.

We are at/over the cap with 9 forwards including Kassian making 10M total. How are we fitting in Hall long term at 10M+

Palmieri > Hall for what we lack

Hall can drive a line, can Nuge?

Reactions: frag2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad