Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
It’s weird. Whenever we get roasted in a trade we admit it and ***** about the trade for years...

I don’t see why it’s so hard to admit for them... or why it’s not even allowed to be discussed in a thread.

Oh ya. The Lucic thread in there is nowhere to be found. They are in full denial mode. I love it!

If it was reveresed, we'd be on thread 4 by now

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Considering Canes, Aho, Ahos Dad, and the entirety of Finnish Hockey have been conspiring to get Pulju traded to the Canes... it better be an overpayment if we trading him to the Canes.

Don’t get played Holland.

I agree, Carolina would be an absolutely ideal landing spot for Jesse. He'll probably get decent minutes, Familiarity with Aho and there's a couple other Fins in Haula and Teuvo, not a lot of pressure in that market.

Have to think Carolina believes he would be a good fit for them but you know they want him for a song.

I'd be happy with Gauthier plus 2nd from them for Puljujarvi because I think he'd put it together there and be a useful player for them and I think Canes management believes that too.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I agree, Carolina would be an absolutely ideal landing spot for Jesse. He'll probably get decent minutes, Familiarity with Aho and there's a couple other Fins in Haula and Teuvo, not a lot of pressure in that market.

Have to think Carolina believes he would be a good fit for them but you know they want him for a song.

I'd be happy with Gauthier plus 2nd from them for Puljujarvi because I think he'd put it together there and be a useful player for them and I think Canes management believes that too.
Let me get this straight.

You are OK with a poor return because you think Jesse will do well there?

I gather you are not an Oiler fan.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
If the Oilers keep winning, Holland will not be trading JP even if he lets him rot in Finland permanently. That is how a GM should deal with this. If you want to get traded, you plant your sorry ass back in Edmonton and build some value so I can unload your sorry butt. Trading JP is setting a precedent for future prospects thinking they can just pout and get traded. This is another Eric Lindros situation where the player is pouting and the GM caved in. Luckily the Nordiques got a kings ransom and ended up winning cups in colorado while Lindros turned out to be a big swiss cheese with a shortened career thanks to Scotts Stevens.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Let me get this straight.

You are OK with a poor return because you think Jesse will do well there?

I gather you are not an Oiler fan.

I think you need to be realistic about Jesse's value.

Gauthier is a former first rounder who's coming off a solid AHL season. He's a big guy, skates well and a shooter.

I believe Jesse will do better there but it's just an opinion. The facts are that he has struggled as an NHL'er and he's shown to be a bit of a difficult player. Even if he continues to perform well in Europe I don't see his value getting much better then what I've suggested, Gusev ripped up the KHL and only got a 2nd + 3rd.

Ultimately I'd like to see Jesse return to the team with a good attitude, where the team situation is improved overall, accept the role that Tippett envisions for him and build his value in the NHL and either stay with the team or if he still felt he wanted a trade they could likely accommodate him next off season at better value. Obviously this scenario is pretty unlikely however, so my second option would be trade him before Dec. 1 for a player that can help now or assets that can help us get a player that can help now.

Dirt McGintty

Jan 29, 2019
If the Oilers keep winning, Holland will not be trading JP even if he lets him rot in Finland permanently. That is how a GM should deal with this. If you want to get traded, you plant your sorry ass back in Edmonton and build some value so I can unload your sorry butt. Trading JP is setting a precedent for future prospects thinking they can just pout and get traded. This is another Eric Lindros situation where the player is pouting and the GM caved in. Luckily the Nordiques got a kings ransom and ended up winning cups in colorado while Lindros turned out to be a big swiss cheese with a shortened career thanks to Scotts Stevens.
I'd say this is the wrong approach. We are winning right now. But there are obvious holes in the lineup. It's better to trade from a position of strength instead of a panic trade if the wheels fall off. If Wallmark is available he plugs a nice hole at center and adds some offense down the lineup. If line three can get going that's a huge boon to the team. It does a lot more for the team than teaching Jesse a lesson.

Reactions: Anarchism

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
It’s weird. Whenever we get roasted in a trade we admit it and ***** about the trade for years...

I don’t see why it’s so hard to admit for them... or why it’s not even allowed to be discussed in a thread.

Becsuse we do not have a whole site forum dedicated to brainwashing our fans to not questioning anything. Flame fans online can’t deal with because they have been taught their team always does the right thing and all their players are better then all players at the same position other teams

What we are seeing is a whole fan base have a mental break down because reality is shoring then they are wrong

Reactions: TB12 and Lukin1978

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I think you need to be realistic about Jesse's value.

Gauthier is a former first rounder who's coming off a solid AHL season. He's a big guy, skates well and a shooter.

I believe Jesse will do better there but it's just an opinion. The facts are that he has struggled as an NHL'er and he's shown to be a bit of a difficult player. Even if he continues to perform well in Europe I don't see his value getting much better then what I've suggested, Gusev ripped up the KHL and only got a 2nd + 3rd.

Ultimately I'd like to see Jesse return to the team with a good attitude, where the team situation is improved overall, accept the role that Tippett envisions for him and build his value in the NHL and either stay with the team or if he still felt he wanted a trade they could likely accommodate him next off season at better value. Obviously this scenario is pretty unlikely however, so my second option would be trade him before Dec. 1 for a player that can help now or assets that can help us get a player that can help now.

You make a fairly good argument but others do not share your like for Gauthier.

It sounds like an underwhelming return. Holland has seven years to decide. Doing what is best for JP needs to be far down the list.

Reactions: frag2

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Sabre fans on their board leaning more to trade Risto Krueger trying ti use him as a shutdown D which is obviously not working but he needs one pair to do that so Dahlin can play but easier minutes

His partner is McCabe so they need a right hand shutdown D. How about Larsson with maybe a pick? See couple of posts saying their own GM should lower the asking price on Risto to get better fit so that makes sense

Nurse Bear
Klef Persson
Russell Risto

Kerp Risto 5 on 5 minutes to minimum and load him on power play with McDavid Drai Neal

Reactions: Chabot84

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Call up Yamamoto

Draisailt - McDavid - Kassian
Yamamoto - RNH - Neal
Jurco - Sheahan - Chiasson
Khaira - Haas - Archibald

Reactions: SwedishFire

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Sabre fans on their board leaning more to trade Risto Krueger trying ti use him as a shutdown D which is obviously not working but he needs one pair to do that so Dahlin can play but easier minutes

His partner is McCabe so they need a right hand shutdown D. How about Larsson with maybe a pick? See couple of posts saying their own GM should lower the asking price on Risto to get better fit so that makes sense

Nurse Bear
Klef Persson
Russell Risto

Kerp Risto 5 on 5 minutes to minimum and load him on power play with McDavid Drai Neal
well if they really want a shutdown D, I would think they'd listen on a trade for Larsson. If the team is a bit squeamish on Persson, I'd think Risto would be ideal as a PMD to play with Klef

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009

Nurse Bear
Klef Persson
Russell Risto

What about Bouchard though?

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Bouchard for Risto is not happening unless the Sabres are adding BIG.

I’m not suggesting trading Bouchard I’m saying we could already slot Bouchard on the third pairing in a sheltered role as he was implying we do with Risto. Bouchard will be better then Risto.. patience.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Plus Risto's cap hit is very tradeable. If Bouchard is ready next season then Risto could be traded, or someone else.

Yeah but then we lost Larsson who used to be Taylor Hall.

Why not trade Larsson for top 6 FwD if we are gonna trade him that’s where his money should go imo

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
If you want to win the cup this year.. give our top 6 another solid contributor and it’s game over NHL.

No one would be able to stop our offence

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
You make a fairly good argument but others do not share your like for Gauthier.

It sounds like an underwhelming return. Holland has seven years to decide. Doing what is best for JP needs to be far down the list.

No, I agree with you and I could frankly care less about whats best for Jesse. As far as Gauthier I'm by no means in love with this prospect but I think he's the type of guy we should be looking at. He's a right shot shooter who has size and good skating. He would be battling with our other young guys to make it into the lineup but he's got upside and traits we need more of in our top 9.

All that said, I have absolutely no problem with Holland holding on to Jesse. If the hot start continues and Jesse continues to look good it could be a good time to close the book on Jesse and improve our team at the same time. I think the best time would be in the second half of November. We will of just been coming off a string of games against tough opponents, we'll be around the 20-25 game mark so we will have a better idea of where the team is at, as well as what we have internally. On the flip side teams might be more desperate by then as well, and with the Dec 1 deadline to sign him, some gm might get loopy and offer up value closer to what his draft pedigree would suggest.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad