Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Goaltending Upgrade(s) In Season or Off Season?

Will Holland Add a #1 Goalie...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
This is the year to give up a first rd pick to improve the team. Probably the easiest road ever to the final 4, and not much scouting opportunity this year make the draft a real crap shoot more then ever. Don't think you can get a goalie during the season, gibson is a pipe dream, but would Kenny move futures for Forsberg, Rakell, maybe Hall or another top line winger

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Man, I loved Hall when he was an Oiler and he had a couple great years in New Jersey. But this one year 8 mil deal in Buffalo could end up costing him a lot of money long term. I guess we don't really know what sort of offers were on the table for him. Maybe he took the most money. But boy has it been a miserable start for the Sabres. Eichel and Hall with 3 goals between them so far yikes. Wonder what kind of a deal he's getting if this type of year continues.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Man, I loved Hall when he was an Oiler and he had a couple great years in New Jersey. But this one year 8 mil deal in Buffalo could end up costing him a lot of money long term. I guess we don't really know what sort of offers were on the table for him. Maybe he took the most money. But boy has it been a miserable start for the Sabres. Eichel and Hall with 3 goals between them so far yikes. Wonder what kind of a deal he's getting if this type of year continues.

With Covid and cap issues you look out for yourself. Take as much as you can get from whoever cause your only a puck to the eye away from being done

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Hall is great value compared to Jeff Skinner 10 times his point total and $1 Million cheaper or compared to Kyle Okposo who he has infinitely more production than for just $2M more.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
With Covid and cap issues you look out for yourself. Take as much as you can get from whoever cause your only a puck to the eye away from being done

He took the money for a year instead of a lower multi-year offer from a better team. Looks like it was a big mistake.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Why is his contract tied to on ice results?
He could have took home more money right away signing 2/3 years if he wanted, but he bet on himself.

So far, he has lost that bet lol. I would tell you that nobody in their right mind won't give him 8 again, but there always idiots out there who can't control themselves.

I like Hall, but he has shown that his MVP, participation award basically, was an anomoly.

I don't feel sorry whatsoever for Buffalo. Idiots. I can't believe some of the contracts they gave out.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
He could have took home more money right away signing 2/3 years if he wanted, but he bet on himself.

So far, he has lost that bet lol. I would tell you that nobody in their right mind won't give him 8 again, but there always idiots out there who can't control themselves.

I like Hall, but he has shown that his MVP, participation award basically, was an anomoly.

I don't feel sorry whatsoever for Buffalo. Idiots. I can't believe some of the contracts they gave out.

Wasn't many teams with space, not sure who he would have signed with for those 2/3 years

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Hall said he loves edmonton, so maybe after the season's done, we offer him $1mill? And at the same time we keep Larsson. That means all these years, we gained Larsson without losing any assets.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
He took the money for a year instead of a lower multi-year offer from a better team. Looks like it was a big mistake.
No it wasn't. He can take another 8million dollar one year deal next season. Then season after, take a one year 6mill deal. So 8 for 2020-2021, 7-8 for 2021-2022, then 6mill for 2022-2023, 5 mill for 2023-2024. So basically keep taking one year deals. 8+7+6+5 beats taking a 4 year 6 million deal. And best part about this is that you can hop around different teams and collect different types of jerseys in the process.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
This is the year to give up a first rd pick to improve the team. Probably the easiest road ever to the final 4, and not much scouting opportunity this year make the draft a real crap shoot more then ever. Don't think you can get a goalie during the season, gibson is a pipe dream, but would Kenny move futures for Forsberg, Rakell, maybe Hall or another top line winger
And last year was the year to give away a 2nd for AA. How did that go?
Now let's go dump that 1st for some junk, and if that's not going to work, next season, let's double down and give away 2 1st round picks.

When that AA trade happened last year, I was first to curse that trade. We stand pat and do nothing this season. Bank on Bouchard and JP to learn fast and contribute.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Hall will be traded at the deadline for a 1st plus so there is that from Buffalo's perspective. That's something the Oilers never did very well while they were very bad, sign useful vets that they could move at the trade deadline for assets.

I like Rakell as a trade target. He's a shooter who can play any of the forward spots.

Last edited:

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
That Skinner contract is truly horrifying to think about.

They can't really buyout that contract for almost 3 more years because there's a 7.5 mil signing bonus in 2022-23, even after that, there's a year of a 6.5mil cap hit if they were to buy him out then.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Lol. Isn’t Hall sitting somewhere north of $40,000,000 for career earnings? So long as he hasn’t been a total ass, he could make more with some of his cash sitting in a 2% GIC than most of us will make this year.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Lol. Isn’t Hall sitting somewhere north of $40,000,000 for career earnings? So long as he hasn’t been a total ass, he could make more with some of his cash sitting in a 2% GIC than most of us will make this year.

Well if you made 200k a year you wouldn't want to make 225k a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad