Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Goaltending Upgrade(s) In Season or Off Season?

Will Holland Add a #1 Goalie...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Our lack of pushback after the cheap Yamamoto hit was discusting.
The best payback was Nurse laughing in Mangiapane's face when Mangi was trying to start something.

Letting them know they're a joke, and embarrassing them in the process.

I just wish we put our proper powerplay out at the end of the game and tried to score another goal.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
The best payback was Nurse laughing in Mangiapane's face when Mangi was trying to start something.

Letting them know they're a joke, and embarrassing them in the process.

I just wish we put our proper powerplay out at the end of the game and tried to score another goal.
Gets me everytime, haha. Thanks DP.
nGeDsow.gif

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

We won. They gooned, we spanked them and now they are talking about changing their team.

The Oilers broke that shitty team two years a row in the same month. Talbot and their patented horseshoes were able to hold them in a spot, and their dirty garbage ravaged an already depleted Jets roster to get them thru the play-ins. The real Flames showed up for the Dallas series, choking a commanding series lead in the final seconds. Now they're spiraling out of control once again.

Beautiful karma.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Is posting half a dozen photos mocking his own fanbase normal to you though?

I have to admit I never seen that . Apologies no one should be doing that . I had some heated discuss with CO over the years but neither of us belittled the other . We just disagreed about ways to make the Oilers better . I am all for being wrong and the other guy right if the team is better for it .

Last edited:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Just stopping in to say that Jake Bean is definitely not available. Scratch that as a realistic target.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Forsberg at $6M/season for the next 1.5 seasons? I'd rather pursue Rakell who has the same term left on his contract at $3.8M/season.

I'd much rather Forsberg of the 2 contracts aside. He has a bit of asshole to his game as well as being highly skilled. Forsberg has been "the guy" in Nashville for some time up front, has Rakell ever been that in Anaheim?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I'd much rather Forsberg of the 2 contracts aside. He has a bit of asshole to his game as well as being highly skilled. Forsberg has been "the guy" in Nashville for some time up front, has Rakell ever been that in Anaheim?
Rakell has the experience to be the finisher when playing with an elite playmaker (tail end of Getzlaf's prime).

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Forsberg might have some asshole to his game but Rakell has that "really f***ing punchable face" thing going on, so there is that :sarcasm:

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Forsberg isn't that great anymore. He's a 50-60 point forward with work ethic issues.

Preds fan here and well...:laugh:

Forsberg is certainly great still, he just had a 5 point game and has pretty much been the only player playing like he gives a damn this year.

I'd say the only reason why it's been reported that he's "available" is that he can bring back a huge return, but I suspect that he's not truly getting moved.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Preds fan here and well...:laugh:

Forsberg is certainly great still, he just had a 5 point game and has pretty much been the only player playing like he gives a damn this year.

I'd say the only reason why it's been reported that he's "available" is that he can bring back a huge return, but I suspect that he's not truly getting moved.

Fair enough, although it sounds like your board did a 180 on him compared to what you were saying about him during the play-ins.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

They'll want a kings ransom. Broberg/Holloway and a 1st for sure. They'd likely have to take back Neal and so now you've got to give up even more assets. Rakell can be fit in a lot easier cap and asset wise, think Chiasson+Turris+1st+?, and is a good two way finisher. I'd call on both though, maybe I'm out to lunch and it's not so bad to get Forsberg. He's a hell of a player.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad