Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Goaltending Upgrade(s) In Season or Off Season?

Will Holland Add a #1 Goalie...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
If we are in playoff spot at the deadline, and Bouchard is played well, I would look at trading Barrie for a 1st or top 6 LW

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Columbus apparently looking for centers.

Final Destination: RNH for Jones :sarcasm:
Love it. We're hurting for right defencemen. Barrie, Bear, Bouchard and Larsson aren't enough bodies.

Bear-Jones
Larsson-Barrie
x-Bouchard

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
He will most likely get those 20+. I think they have gone with him more lately because he is giving them a better chance to win than Bobrovsky.

Edit. Neither would I pay a first rounder for him. I think 2nd rounder has been the price for good back-ups with no track record quite often...

I want implying that he would be worth a first. I think someone else mentioned Kemper as an example.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
If Barrie is traded and they walk from the rest of the UFA's there is a lot of work going into next season:

Forwards:

x - McDavid - Puljujarvi
x - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Kahun(?) - x - Kassian(?)
x - Khaira(?) - Archibald
Haas(?), Turris(?)

I imagine they buy out Neal, might ride out the Turris contract, maybe see about re-signing Kahun and Khaira as RFAs. As long as Ennis stays consistent they probably offer him another 1 year deal and he likely takes it unless he gets a much better offer elsewhere (he wants to play for his hometown and if he has the choice would probably retire here).

Defence:

Nurse - x
x - Bouchard
Lagesson / Jones (whoever isn't selected by the Kraken) - Bear
Russell(?)

Goaltending:

??
Stalock?

Then you run into the issue of having too many 'new recruits' and waste a good chunk of the season trying to build chemistry. I don't see them letting all 3 major UFAs walk, to be honest. The only way I see it is if they trade Barrie or Nuge in hopes of finding a longer term replacement for one of those holes.

Edit: I didn't really consider rookies breaking in but I imagine they won't want a whole pile of them breaking in at once and they will likely look to sign proven guys for the main spots in case a rookie doesn't pan out.

Let's go with one forward rookie and one LD rookie make the team. Still lots of holes if they don't re-sign any of the major UFAs. I just don't see it.

Edit 2: Shit, forgot about Kassian...I guess he'll still be here.

Last edited:

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Columbus apparently looking for centers.

Final Destination: RNH for Jones :sarcasm:
Lets see how DRY goes.
If he doesnt click with Drai-Yama then I am good with trading him away for a top 6 LW or 2nd pairing LD or both

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
In The Athletic's Trade deadline column Chris Driedger's name is mentioned. Last year he played 12 games and posted GAA 2.05 & SV% 93.8. In "save percentage above average" category he topped the whole league (yea it is a small sample size). This year he has played 11 games GAA 2.25 and SV% 92.6. With respectable fancy stats too. He is easily out-playing struggling Bobrovsky, but could be moved because Florida really likes Spencer Knight(and no one would take Bobrovsky's horrendous contract).

He shouldn't cost a lot and re-sign number should be fairly low because he has short track record. Would leave a lot of money to spend elsewhere...
Sign me up. Has to be better than what we have now right?

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Derek Ryan is one of the few guys that’d make Kyle Turris look good.
Has he been that bad this year? He was always pretty good in the games I saw in the years prior. If he returns to his previous form from before Ward took over from the racist dude he'd be exactly the guy the Oil need. I can't imagine the dollars work if they claimed him, so it's likely a moot point, but I find it unlikely he'd be a worse fit than Turris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad