Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Goaltending Upgrade(s) In Season or Off Season?

Will Holland Add a #1 Goalie...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
It is what I do when you guys talk about bringing Hall back, signing Nuge, upgrading our goalie and getting a legit number 1 d man, all the while staying under the cap and giving up no assets
You only feel the love for this team when you get plastered by other posters who, in fact, love this team more than you do :)

At the end of the day we all want this team to succeed and everyone has a different approach to it. Nothing wrong with that though. Better having discussions than a dead forum.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Ok thank you very much. Couldn't wrap me head around it lol
No problem. I looked into it a little while ago because I was curious too. I checked prior seasons and saw how many games most teams played by Thanksgiving. It was around the 20 game mark for most, so about a quarter of the season. That’s why I’d say 14-15 games in would be the equivalent.

Reactions: DaGap

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
We gave Russell 4x4 to be #6.
Larsson at 3x3 would be fine
So your argument is the Russell deal was a bad idea? and the Larsson deal is less bad in $$$'s and term, so we should do it?

I only want to advocate for deals that I think are in the best interests of the team, not just trying to be less bad than the decisions former GM's made. I'm not going to say that Larsson deal is for sure bad or would be bad, just that I haven't seen enough of good Larsson in recent years to want to make that level of commitment at this time.

Reactions: Paralyzer008

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If Larsson is playing with a bad back, I hope the rest of our guys get the same thing. There is no way he could be playing the way he is with a wonky back at this point. He's been a stud the last while, and he and Nurse have been the 2 pillars on the blueline. If he's like this for the rest of the year, I would sign him for 3 years for sure. There are a whack of teams that would be lining up for his services.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
That Nathan guy post the same stuff on Facebook. Just has a serious hate for offensive defenseman it seems. What a clown!
He makes my head shake with almost every tweet. It's utter stupidity every single time. I should probably stop following him on twitter :laugh:

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I think we should acquire a goon ASAP for our next matchup with Calgary.

Just throw a conditional 7th rounder at Ottawa for Michael Haley or something.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I think we should acquire a goon ASAP for our next matchup with Calgary.

Just throw a conditional 7th rounder at Ottawa for Michael Haley or something.

Unfortunately, this is probably playing right into their hands. Guys like Tkackuk, Bennett and Gio would not change their games. The goon would end up fighting Lucic and the Oilers would end up in the box. As much as I long for the old days where having guys like Semenko/Brown changed the way the opposition played that's just no longer the case in today's NHL.

Last edited:

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Unfortunately, this is probably playing right into their hands. Guys liek Tkackuk, Bennett and Gio would not change their games. The goon would end up fighting Lucic and teh Oilers would ens up in the box. As much as I long for the old days where having guys like Semenko/Brown changed the way the opposition played that's just no longer the case in today's NHL.

Our lack of pushback after the cheap Yamamoto hit was discusting.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I felt like the proper pushback was hammering them 7-1.

They still play 7 more times this year. Lots of time for bloodlust.

well if Kassian is back then no need to acquire a goon.

could we just call up Desharnais?

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
well if Kassian is back then no need to acquire a goon.

could we just call up Desharnais?

Kassian is taking a few boxing lessons to improve his technique I hope. Beating on someone's hockey helmet for 30 seconds might not be the best way to go. Maybe try a few uppercuts next time.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Can he even fight?

He got into a fight during a game last week. I’m not sure how good he is at it. It seemed like he was trying to use his size and strength to rag doll the other guy. Trying is the operative word.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He got into a fight during a game last week. I’m not sure how good he is at it. It seemed like he was trying to use his size and strength to rag doll the other guy. Trying is the operative word.
I just looked at his numbers and I don't really see a ton of pims, so I just wonder if he can actually fight or is he just a massive body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad