Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Goaltending Upgrade(s) In Season or Off Season?

Will Holland Add a #1 Goalie...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I was thinking about maybe extending Adam Larsson on a one-year deal as a good attempt to keep him for his 29 year old season but then Staples said how about 3 years? My answer is a firm no.

A Darnell Nurse extension overpay is starting to become a "screwed if you do, screwed if you don't" type of thing.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Eh, idk... At least Johansen is still an NHLer. WTF are Martin Erat and Michael Latta doing these days?

I’d easily rather Jones alone than Forsberg and Johansen, so I’m not sure that matters. Trading a franchise dman for a top 6 forward is fireable offense, made even worse by the fact he picked the wrong forward to acquire (Johansen instead of Nuge)

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I’d easily rather Jones alone than Forsberg and Johansen, so I’m not sure that matters. Trading a franchise dman for a top 6 forward is fireable offense, made even worse by the fact he picked the wrong forward to acquire (Johansen instead of Nuge)
Idk if I'd call Jones a franchise D. He's definitely a #1D but I don't think he's in that top 5 D category that I'd reserve for a franchise player. I'd definitely take him over Forsberg and the ghost of Ryan Johansen though.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think ban him is crazy talk . He is just a frustrated fan whom venting his anger over our players being injured .

Mmmmmm I don’t think so.

He came after me pretty hard after my Flames Hillbilly GDT saying it was racist as it portrayed White people in a bad light and that if I did a thread like that with black people I would have been banned.

I didn’t engage him other than post a silly humorous gif in response and his response was to tell me that “he knows who I am”.

Not sure if that was a threat or if he is seriously deranged but I just ignored him other than another roll of the eyes gif back.

There’s something wrong with this guy.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
I would give Bobby Ryan a chance on Drais LW over Kahun. If LA falters Iafalo would be sick but the Oil shouldn’t be trading away more 2nds on UFAs. Pearson would probably be an upgrade on Kahun too, in the playoffs anyway

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
I was thinking about maybe extending Adam Larsson on a one-year deal as a good attempt to keep him for his 29 year old season but then Staples said how about 3 years? My answer is a firm no.

You trade or let Larsson walk and you are immediately looking for a dman just like him. Did you see him constantly working over flames like ratboy last night? His response is perfect for the gutless wonders whose behavior is sanctioned by the league. The flames fear and hate Larsson in equal measure and 3 years is just fine.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Forsberg isn't that great anymore. He's a 50-60 point forward with work ethic issues.
Forsberg's puck handling is very fluid and his reaction speed with quick plays is pretty great, not a lot of hesitation or double clutching with him, he's a player that I think can be unlocked with the right center, if we do trade for him though I'd want it to be in the offseason when we can prearrange an extension don't want to pad his stats just for him to turn around and become a UFA.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Filip Forsberg would be so ridiculously expensive to acquire. And I can't stress how unnecessary it would be to add another top line forward. The Oilers need to improve their third line, they need a solid second pair LD and they need more consistent goaltending. With the limited amount of cap flexibility and trade assets, we might get a chance to address two of those before the deadline.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
You trade or let Larsson walk and you are immediately looking for a dman just like him. Did you see him constantly working over flames like ratboy last night? His response is perfect for the gutless wonders whose behavior is sanctioned by the league. The flames fear and hate Larsson in equal measure and 3 years is just fine.

I like Larsson enough for a one-year deal but his back is barely holding on as is and he's a bit of a wildcard now where we're not entirely sure what kind of Larsson we'll get consistently.

I do agree that when I look at next year's D, I want some PK/defensive presence on the 3rd pair.

Year 2 and 3 of that deal at the AAV it would require would suck especially when we need to give new deals to other guys. He may get 4M again.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Since when has he had work ethic issues?

As for not that great anymore, he's consistently produced at a 60-65 point rate his entire career with the exception of one season where he was close to ppg. He'd be a perfect LW add for the roster. Great fit with either of our top 2 centers.
I’ve been reading the Preds board since their play in series. He isn’t always committed to skating and he has long stretches of uninspired play.

He’s been better this season but they were not happy with him through most of last year.

There’s a reason why he isn’t on the untouchables list with Josi and Ellis.

Last edited:

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Yes, but he’s going to want term on his next contract, prob 4 or more years. A guy like that has to take every dollar he can get for the way he plays, my guess is close to 6. I just don’t see him as being part of the core for the latter part of his contract and the Oil will need that cap

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I like how Larsson has been playing lately, but his play over the past couple years has been pretty uneven, unless he shows a lot more of what we are seeing lately, I'd be pretty scared of a 3 year term.

Reactions: Wewillrise

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I like how Larsson has been playing lately, but his play over the past couple years has been pretty uneven, unless he shows a lot more of what we are seeing lately, I'd be pretty scared of a 3 year term.
We gave Russell 4x4 to be #6.
Larsson at 3x3 would be fine

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Not sure where this question goes.

What is this years equivalency of Thanksgiving in relation to the teams chances of playoffs?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Can a MOD just ban this obvious troll at this point? I swear this is the only board that lets losers like this continue to post and yet any other team board will throw out a ban for making any sort of minor comment going at said team.

Ive been banned on the mains multiple times just for stating the obvious about no fans in Arizona

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Not sure where this question goes.

What is this years equivalency of Thanksgiving in relation to the teams chances of playoffs?
It already passed. Something like the 15 game mark.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto

A Darnell Nurse extension overpay is starting to become a "screwed if you do, screwed if you don't" type of thing.
You all know I'm not the biggest Larsson fan. But if he would sign a 1 year team friendly deal, you have to make that move. I have issues with him, mainly being his actual contract and lethargic gameplay sometimes.

He was amazing the last game against Calgary (most would say he was fantastic in both ;)).

Reactions: Paralyzer008
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad