Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Friedman: Kahun 1 year $975k

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
You mean Ethan Baer? Baer isn’t as good as Stecher, let’s ignore that Baer plays far more difficult usage and minutes. No rookie D played more minute than Baer.

That thread made my brain hurt.

I lost my shit when Toronto fans said Bear would be a healthy scratch on their team.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I got more leaked text messages.

upload_2020-11-2_23-14-58.png

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
You mean Ethan Baer? Baer isn’t as good as Stecher, let’s ignore that Baer plays far more difficult usage and minutes. No rookie D played more minute than Baer.

That thread made my brain hurt.
Reading through this thread today gave me a good laugh :laugh: Lot of salty Oiler fans.

Bear would be a healthy scratch on the Leafs. There is nobody I trust Bear over in the current Leafs top 6 which at the moment looks like:

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Lehtonen - Dermott/Bogosian

Sandin - Liljegren as top LD and RD injury callups.

That top 4 is a lock, Bear would not crack it. Muzzin - Holl was our most reliable pairing last season, stop talking about Holl like he's some scrub, it's laughable lol. Dubas said Dermott will play the right side this season, the Leafs would not push out a 3 year pro in Dermott in favour of a 23 year old rookie dman with mediocre statistics and analytics on a piss poor 5v5 team. Therefore, he would be a healthy scratch. We'll just wait for the results next season to speak for themselves. The oilers are really thin and weak after McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH. There is a MASSIVE drop off in skill level in all areas of your line up after them. You all are overrating Bear and underrating the Leafs, which is nothing out of the norm here on HF so it's whatever.
20200810-180356-swan.jpeg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Dermott would get eaten alive if he played the minutes and matchups Bear does.

There's no way the Oilers would've been trending to make the regular playoffs if Dermott was playing in Bear's role (top pairing 5 on 5 minutes), lets get real.

Bear was an unsung hero for the Oilers, coming in as rookie and playing top pairing RD minutes straight off the bat with Larsson missing the first 2 months of the season.

If Toronto had like 4/5 guys better than Bear last year, how exactly did they finish a country mile behind Edmonton in goals against per game?

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
I am so happy today. I knew the big Kahuna was coming here.
Kahuna is a Hawaiian word, defined as a respected person who has moral authority in society; a "priest, sorcerer, magician, wizard, minister, expert in any profession (whether male or female)".

Taken from Wikipedia. I can live with that :)

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I still think we overrate the hell out of Bear. He had an outstanding year compared to what was expected of him, but realistically he'll probably top out as a sheltered 2nd pair Dman. There's no need for him to be playing the minutes he did last season consistently.

Reactions: dawunderboy

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
I still think we overrate the hell out of Bear. He had an outstanding year compared to what was expected of him, but realistically he'll probably top out as a sheltered 2nd pair Dman. There's no need for him to be playing the minutes he did last season consistently.
Yeah, we need to chill our pants. It's one thing that TOR-fans are downplaying Bear...let them have it. Let's just not do the same. Dermott is a damn fine D-man. Both succeed in their own ways.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Theory vs reality...

In theory we should have mopped the floor with the hawks.
In reality they took our lunch money and made us pay for their dinner for another week

The real reality is that hockey is a wildly random sport when there are factors like long breaks involved. It turns out that a 5 month layoff - longer than any normal offseason - into a BO5 series with one warm-up game is a difficult thing to make any real judgments about.

It's the same reason every pundit spends the first two months of every season throwing cold water on every underdog team with a hot start. And why the Oilers had multiple winning records in October in years where they would eventually draft #1 overall.

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
Kahuna is a Hawaiian word, defined as a respected person who has moral authority in society; a "priest, sorcerer, magician, wizard, minister, expert in any profession (whether male or female)".

Taken from Wikipedia. I can live with that :)
Yep,that's my brother's nick name at work. He is a plant manager and he is a chubby aboriginal who looks Hawaiian. Lol

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
They got lucky that they caught Oilers playing exhibition hockey in play-ins?
The series loss was on us being shitty and not them being lucky
The oilers had 3 pucks deflect in their own net.

but you also think strudwick is a comparable for broberg, so what do you know.

Reactions: TB12

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
In reality, they got extremely lucky over a 4 game sample.

You thought that was luck? Ughhh...

Experience counts for something. We got played... by a team with a bunch of true champs on it.

We'll get there, but only if that was a lesson to Nurse and co. We better not be sitting back, licking our wounds and calling it "luck".

Reactions: bobbythebrain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad