Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Friedman: Kahun 1 year $975k

Status
Not open for further replies.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
You can check username history on a posters page, I believe.

Messtoface11

Time for a change.

I thought about using PrinceJohn as my new username and using this pic as my avatar.

prince-john-robin-hood-disney-villains-1024487_720_480.jpg

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Are you talking about Kassian? He was non-existent during the play in against Chicago.

As has been discussed quite a bit, I buy into the theory Kassian is an energy guy who feeds off the crowd and its energy.

The guy was lethargic because he wasn't able to feed.

I wish he would have come to play too but I'm not blaming the Oilers shit play against Chicago on him. One team was prepared, the other was not.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I wish he would have come to play too but I'm not blaming the Oilers shit play against Chicago on him.

I didn't blame the Oilers shit play against Chicago on Kassian. He was below average for the Oilers.

I don't think the potential for what Kassian might bring to the team in the playoffs is a reason to keep him around. People have fond memories of the 2017 playoffs.

In the flat cap era Kassian is overpaid for what he brings. I wouldn't be shopping Kassian. But if a good offer comes Holland's way he will certainly listen.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Its interesting.....I wonder if Kennith holds onto everyon and just lets Tippett sort it out.

Khaira and Chiasson would be my picks to move out.....but they are special teams guys.....so maybe you dont mess with that since it was the teams strength.

Maybe Haas and Nygard start in AHL?

I think Khaira has more value to the ok than Chiasson does to the power play.

You really only need one of Neal or Chiasson and no one is taking Neal.

Khaira is likely a lot easier to move though.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I didn't blame the Oilers shit play against Chicago on Kassian. He was below average for the Oilers.

I don't think the potential for what Kassian might bring to the team in the playoffs is a reason to keep him around. People have fond memories of the 2017 playoffs.

In the flat cap era Kassian is overpaid for what he brings. I wouldn't be shopping Kassian. But if a good offer comes Holland's way he will certainly listen.

I didn't say you were blaming him, but he has taken a lot of heat on this forum so I was making a general statement when the whole team either looked past their opponent and/or came unprepared.

I'd hang onto him though, not to the point of "off the table" but he brings an element the Oilers would wish they still had. Khaira isn't that guy to replace him.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

Kassian was over paid before the flat cap. He got paid based on a 40 game sample size playing with the teams two best players.

That contract was a mistake when it was signed and Kassian has made it look worse since the day it was signed by his indifferent and crappy play.

I can't imagine anyone is making Holland a good offer for him. I can't see any team making an offer for him unless it's for another terrible contract.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Not a fan of Kassian, especially of late. However, I am a little leery of dumping too much 'toughness' from the roster without bringing in some reasonably functional 'toughness'. Benning is out and could be moving on from Larsson next year and even the lesser extent 'tough' players such as Khaira and Chiasson are unlikely to be re-signed. That leaves Nurse, Kassian, Neal(?) and...Lagesson? Maybe Samorukov?

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Its interesting.....I wonder if Kennith holds onto everyon and just lets Tippett sort it out.

Khaira and Chiasson would be my picks to move out.....but they are special teams guys.....so maybe you dont mess with that since it was the teams strength.

Maybe Haas and Nygard start in AHL?

I had a moment in my work day and ran the numbers. Assuming Bear and Lagesson sign for about $975K and $825K respectively (my numbers may be off but regardless) the Oilers will be over the cap. But if they send Lagesson and either Neal or Chiasson down they’ll be cap compliant till Klefbom goes on IR.

Which also means that if some miracle healer cures what ails him and Klefbom is 100% ready for Game 1 they can be cap compliant with Neal/Chiasson plus Lagesson down in the minors.

My numbers might be off so feel free to correct me.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Not a fan of Kassian, especially of late. However, I am a little leery of dumping too much 'toughness' from the roster without bringing in some reasonably functional 'toughness'. Benning is out and could be moving on from Larsson next year and even the lesser extent 'tough' players such as Khaira and Chiasson are unlikely to be re-signed. That leaves Nurse, Kassian, Neal(?) and...Lagesson? Maybe Samorukov?
I can't speak for anyone else but i sure feel a lot better having Kass on the ice when McDavid is on the ice..knowing Kass can protect McDavid from the goons

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Is Ryan Miller at 40 years old going to sign somewhere for less than a million bucks for a season? .907 / .912 / .928 save percentage on a crappy Duck team over the past three years.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Is Ryan Miller at 40 years old going to sign somewhere for less than a million bucks for a season? .907 / .912 / .928 save percentage on a crappy Duck team over the past three years.

Isn't he only allowed to sign for teams that are close enough for his wife to get acting gigs on 2 and a half men?

Reactions: BlackDogg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad