Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Any further moves before opening night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Schmaltz is already in the press-box in St Louis and they are sputtering out of the gate in a year where they should be a powerhouse. He's the guy I'd be targeting.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Wonder if shattenkirk changed his mind on NYC now that rangers are going thru a rebuild. 1st + sekera or benning for shattenkirk?

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Is he better than Bear?
He's got a better resume, better pedigree and is significantly more accomplished. I also don't want us to rush Ethan Bear into the NHL.

I'm getting an Ian Cole vibe from the situation Schmaltz is in right now. He's never going to get the opportunity to see his full potential in St Louis with Pietrangelo and Parayko there and now that he's got waiver eligibility, I wouldn't be shocked to see him ask for a trade.

Last edited:

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
“Well the Leafs should ask Chiarelli why Nylander is asking for big money because of what Draisaitl got.”
-Jeff O’Neill

****this is very, very loosely transcribed. However, the point was made by O’Neill that Chia wrecked the cap structure for everyone and that he was the reason that Nylander was asking for big money.

********FU*$ Jeff O’Fats

I love Draisaitl and I am glad hes signed here long term, but honestly I think its a fair point. I still dont think Draisaitl should of got 8.5 mil.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I love Draisaitl and I am glad hes signed here long term, but honestly I think its a fair point. I still dont think Draisaitl should of got 8.5 mil.

What Drai got has nothing to do with Nylander wants.

It is what Tavares got that is the problem for the Leafs. Matthews is going to get more than Tavares. Marner is going to get less than Matthews but probably only about 2 million less if that. Nylander doesn't want to be left in the dust.

The Leafs ruined their own cap structure with the Tavares contract.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Drai got what he got in large part due to the playoffs he had as well... plus due to his size and the position he plays.

Nylander has had mediocre/average playoffs in comparison. He's generally seen as a player who won't pay the price and won't get into the dirty areas when the chips are down. He's essentially a younger Eberle... maybe slightly more talented (arguable) but that's the category he'd be in.

I couldn't care less if he holds out and the Leafs end up paying him Eichel money (it's Leafs.... so f*** them)... but honestly Drai money for him is likely too much if that's the comparable they are using.

Last edited:

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Question: Lets say Lucic rediscovers his game, starts the first 41 games with 20g 20a, the Oilers are flirting with the playoffs, and you have an offer of a 7th rounder for looch, do you take it?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Question: Lets say Lucic rediscovers his game, starts the first 41 games with 20g 20a, the Oilers are flirting with the playoffs, and you have an offer of a 7th rounder for looch, do you take it?
I would personally. I think the team really needs to get rid of the lucic and/or Sekera contract in order to move forward.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB

If Lucic is ppg by the halfway mark, I guarantee things are clicking extremely well elsewhere on the team as well... and you wouldn't want to mess up whatever is working so well that Lucic is playing better than he's ever played in his life.

For him to have those type of numbers over 40 games, I'd expect the team to be at the top of the league and McDavid would be close to 80 pts at that point.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I really think we need to call SJ about Braun. Benning+Strome+2nd for Braun

The Sharks dman I'd be targeting is Tim Heed. Has sat out both games now. He'd fit great on our 3rd pairing + PP1 and given our lack of depth, might even work up to the 2nd pairing.
It's a shame we didn't get him in the off-season. His hometown is Gothenburg

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Schmaltz is already in the press-box in St Louis and they are sputtering out of the gate in a year where they should be a powerhouse. He's the guy I'd be targeting.

Schmaltz or even Honka in Dallas would be two decent buy low targets.

Same with Wideman in Ottawa, Rutta in Chicago, plus DeAngelo.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Why would we do that?

Sorry to vent but I swear if HFBoards users ran NHL clubs no player would ever pass through waivers.
Because we can send him to Bakersfield immediately to improve their scoring depth. He's also an available call up option if he earns it.

No different than Ty Rattie last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad