Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Any further moves before opening night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
This is a massive year for both Draisaitl and Eichel, we'll see where we are at in May.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
where is this Eichel talk coming from? Didnt the Sabers just name him their captain?
For me he is a on different tier than Draisaitl and a lock to be a PPG+ player.

To prove how much I know about these players:
Adam Boqvist is sitting at 0 points with a minus 4 in 3GP for London Knights. I wanted him over Bouchard had he fell to us. :(

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
where is this Eichel talk coming from? Didnt the Sabres just name him their captain?

Adam Boqvist is sitting at 0 points with a minus 4 in 3GP for London Knights. I wanted him over Bouchard had he fell to us.
:(

Oh don't beat yourself up it's still early, he showed promise for the Hawks in preseason from what I can gather.

Stafford signs with the Devils after attending camp on a PTO. So you can probably pencil him in for a goal in tomorrow's game.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
He has 2 or 3 sound bites where he sounds mildly annoyed someone is asking him about Connor constantly. I'd hardly call it a history of hating on him.

It’s a lot more than 2 or 3, and it started from basically the first time someone asked him about Connor

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Is Eichel even 1.5M better than Drai?

This is a good point.

Another thing is in the post season both Eichel and Drai are the perfect type of player. Big bodies and protect the puck so well. Drai’s contract is significant wether he lives up to it or not. What it does is it allows other RFA’s to get paid more and drive those long term contracts up, thus making Mcdavids hit not so drastic. The faster the cap rises and the higher contracts go the better for the Oilers.

Chia does not have a great track record with contracts, this is well documented. The contract he gave Drai is IMO a strategy that was worth it in the long run even if he dosent live up to it in the short term.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
You only trade Draisaitl for Eichel if you're adamant about getting McClellan fired by years' end :sarcasm:

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I'd do that deal all day long. Eichel is a tier above Drai imo, and only makes 1.5 mil more
no doubt he is the better player but why would we invest 10M in a #2C ? If anything we should be downgrading from Drai to a 6M #2C and add some depth

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
no doubt he is the better player but why would we invest 10M in a #2C ? If anything we should be downgrading from Drai to a 6M #2C and add some depth
Have you seen the Pittsburgh model to success?

What we need is to get rid of useless players that get paid. Lucic, Russell, Kassian, Caggiula, Benning. That's what, 16 mil? Imagine what a competent GM could do with that money. (Not trying to turn this into a bashing Chia thread)

Reactions: Aerrol

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
where is this Eichel talk coming from? Didnt the Sabres just name him their captain?

Adam Boqvist is sitting at 0 points with a minus 4 in 3GP for London Knights. I wanted him over Bouchard had he fell to us. :(

Someone mentioned that Eichel became a product of losing like some former players here and may need a change of scenery. Then the thread got derailed with Hall talk so it was deleted. There is nothing to this, just something for discussions sake.

Reactions: Draiskull

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
For the record I would definitely make that trade if it were offered up. I don't see why Buffalo would.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Have you seen the Pittsburgh model to success?

What we need is to get rid of useless players that get paid. Lucic, Russell, Kassian, Caggiula, Benning. That's what, 16 mil? Imagine what a competent GM could do with that money. (Not trying to turn this into a bashing Chia thread)
Even in PIT the top 2 Cs combine for 18.2M. They also have a legit 1D Letang on the back end and a 92pt winger.

Oilers need a #1D more than a 10M #2C if we are trading Draisaitl.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Chiarelli is gonna make the Faulk move now I’d guess. Bouchard will be sent down tomorrow, I’d bet.

Benning needs to go to 3rd pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad