GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I love how defensive Edmonton fans are of their city. It's a boring flat dirty, and cold ass city.

They always lump themselves in with Calgary, even though Calgary is like 5x the city that Edmonton is. You have the Rockies; you got plenty of places you can go horseback riding, you have Banff right there, so many hiking places. Meanwhile, Edmonton is flat, cold, and depressing.
Yup. Their nightlife is incredibly better than Vancouver’s to boot and they’ve got a lot more things to do than Edmonton.

Edmonton feels like you’re in the middle of nowhere in Siberia.

Reactions: WTG

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
I have a confession to make, my wife is a Oilers fan. We bet (like hand rubs or chores on some games), I am sorry for this. In the spirit of good betting I hope the Canucks go another 4 and 0 !

Let's go baby !

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I have a confession to make, my wife is a Oilers fan. We bet (like hand rubs or chores on some games), I am sorry for this. In the spirit of good betting I hope the Canucks go another 4 and 0 !

Let's go baby !
Trust me, it can’t be worse than the bets ours and Edmonton’s mayors made. Lol

Reactions: platotld

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
I hope the Canucks come out hard and physical. It's pretty much guaranteed that the series won't be refereed fairly so might as well make the penalties count. We have some absolute giants on defence and I hope we use that to our advantage.

Last edited:

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I believe it actually does say ‘The Novosibirsk of Canada’ on the Welcome To Edmonton sign.
They say the best view of Edmonton is through the rear view mirror while heading southbound on highway 2.

My fiancée is actually from Siberia. She said Edmonton is the closest feeling to home for her.

Take that as you will
Lmfao

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I love how defensive Edmonton fans are of their city. It's a boring flat dirty, and cold ass city.

They always lump themselves in with Calgary, even though Calgary is like 5x the city that Edmonton is. You have the Rockies; you got plenty of places you can go horseback riding, you have Banff right there, so many hiking places. Meanwhile, Edmonton is flat, cold, and depressing.

Unless you have family there, Edmonton ain't on anyone's destination.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Win or lose, it feels good to be in the minds of an opposing fanbase again for a reason other than being just a total laughingstock of incompetence.

This is why I watch this team. For the moments they're actually not terrible and there's energy in the city for the team.

Nothing like the energy in Vancouver when the Canucks are good, anywhere else in the league. Maybe Toronto and Montreal are the only other comparables.

Going to be fun.

Reactions: Nomobo and mdobbs

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Do you think there are actually not places to go like..."horseback riding" around Edmonton? lol.

It's a pretty depressing, flat, topographically stale and frozen wasteland. But you can still ride horses there. :laugh:

Also, it's closer to Jasper. Which >>> Banff.

Bigger mall too.

But i think that's about all it's got going for it. It's such a hellishly sprawled flat ugly city. It's changing a little bit now that they don't have height restrictions on everything because of the downtown airport. But now the only airport is like halfway to Red Deer. With literally no proper light rail type transit connection to...anywhere. So that's not great either. And they couldn't even get their "downtown" and "nightlife" sorted properly. They put a darn river right in the middle that kinda harshes things, especially when it's -40 and windy as heck.

I believe it actually does say ‘The Novosibirsk of Canada’ on the Welcome To Edmonton sign.

I'm pretty sure it technically still says "City of Champions".

I'm not sure what they're the champions of at this point. But they don't seem to want to take the sign down.

They say the best view of Edmonton is through the rear view mirror while heading southbound on highway 2.

Lmfao

Funniest thing about driving through Edmonton is that even Edmonton knows ain't nobody wants to go into the city. So you basically just drive around it completely. Can't even really see "downtown" or really anything that doesn't just look like nightmare flat suburban sprawl for miles. Unless you unfortunately end up on the Yellowhead. In which case, you will meet the worst drivers outside of the lower mainland. But more aggressively and deliberately so.

Unless you have family there, Edmonton ain't on anyone's destination.

Or if you live in the even more Siberian wastelands anywhere North of there. lol.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad