Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
It's absolutely crazy and dumb. Meaning the NHL will probably do it to us. This from the same league that made us give up higher end picks to sign previously fired coaches and managers.
If the NHL did this it would open a whole can of worms they don’t want. Players, like smith, who have substantial bonuses on the line, would want to be paid. Teams that traded picks/prospects for Rentals would start asking for compensation for the lost season.

As soon as the NHL lifts a finger to help anyone out, like this would help the flames, for the lost season they would be so ******. It would never happen, there is no way of knowing Neal would have hit that mark or not, or what if Lucic was going to score like 7 goals down the stretch and stay within that 10 threshold then?

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If the NHL did this it would open a whole can of worms they don’t want. Players, like smith, who have substantial bonuses on the line, would want to be paid. Teams that traded picks/prospects for Rentals would start asking for compensation for the lost season.

As soon as the NHL lifts a finger to help anyone out, like this would help the flames, for the lost season they would be so ******. It would never happen, there is no way of knowing Neal would have hit that mark or not, or what if Lucic was going to score like 7 goals down the stretch and stay within that 10 threshold then?
I agree totally with you. But this is the NHL, employer of people such as George Parros and his band of renown, and the league that has never made up any dumb rules. I'd say the likelihood is close to zero, but who knows.

Reactions: TB12

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I don't care what anyone in the media or anyone anywhere is saying.. THE SEASON HAS TO CONTINUE. It's BUSHLEAGUE if they end the season when we are having such a great year with a decent roster
My God, this might be one of the stupidest and most selfish posts I have ever seen on here. We are in the midst of a world health crisis which no one has any idea when the it will end, or what things will look like when it does, and we have someone flipping out over finishing a hockey season.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
My God, this might be one of the stupidest and most selfish posts I have ever seen on here. We are in the midst of a world health crisis which no one has any idea when the it will end, or what things will look like when it does, and we have someone flipping out over finishing a hockey season.
Personally I do think that if the league and the players really wanted to play hockey, they could play hockey. Now mind you, it can't be business as usual, and we can sacrifice the season itself. However the only excuse for not having playoffs is that people can't be bothered to make the sacrifice it would take.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Personally I do think that if the league and the players really wanted to play hockey, they could play hockey. Now mind you, it can't be business as usual, and we can sacrifice the season itself. However the only excuse for not having playoffs is that people can't be bothered to make the sacrifice it would take.

Want to elaborate on what that sacrifice you're talking about is?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Want to elaborate on what that sacrifice you're talking about is?
submit to a quarantined playoffs in one location. I have yet to hear/read a logistical problem with doing that.

Instead, we hear that the NHLPA is talking about playoffs in August and September. They don't want to submit to a quarantine. Their thinking is going to mean cancelling playoffs outright.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
submit to a quarantined playoffs in one location. I have yet to hear/read a logistical problem with doing that.

Instead, we hear that the NHLPA is talking about playoffs in August and September. They don't want to submit to a quarantine. Their thinking is going to mean cancelling playoffs outright.

Really? You don't see any logistical issues with that at all? None? Super easy?

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
of course they are challenging but with the money at stake it is not a huge deal, honestly

Las Vegas is shut down. Times Square is shut down. Disney World. Money left the equation last week.

I don't think you've thought it through. I'm sure many sports leagues have though, as hundreds of them are shuttered. Even Dana "COVID is a Dem hoax" White cancelled his events. Consider the parties who must all agree to all of the enormous cost (this is a hazmat situation), the enormous risk, and the enormous public fall out that this would engender.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Sportsnet is completely crap as far as I'm concerned. Lets replay the Misplays of the Months 19 times in one day.
Throw some thrilling games on like NBCSN.

Reactions: Cloned

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
If the morons had listened when the damn pandemic was starting, none of this garbage probably would have happened. So don't say my post is selfish or stupid when the people around the world were the fools who were stupid, selfish and uncaring. If people hadn't begun traveling when the media around the world specifically said that travelling is causing this virus, there would be a lot less cases and a lot less of the spreading.

So tell me this, am I being selfish and stupid or just frustrated?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
There are now FDA approved COVID-19 swab tests that can give results on the spot in 30 minutes with a portable device.

Thinking that could be another solution for the NHL/NBA/MLB. They could just buy a bunch of these machines, they're small and can process a number of tests at once.

dock-cassette1_w2_1_t800.jpg

You show up an hour early to the game and get tested, wait for your results and only then are you granted entry towards the arena.

NHL/NBA/MLB also agree to donate testing equipment and hospital equipment from a slice of the money they make, also fundraising events with players merchandise.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
There are now FDA approved COVID-19 swab tests that can give results on the spot in 30 minutes with a portable device.

Thinking that could be another solution for the NHL/NBA/MLB. They could just buy a bunch of these machines, they're small and can process a number of tests at once.

dock-cassette1_w2_1_t800.jpg

You show up an hour early to the game and get tested, wait for your results and only then are you granted entry towards the arena.

NHL/NBA/MLB also agree to donate testing equipment and hospital equipment from a slice of the money they make, also fundraising events with players merchandise.
You really need to give up the dream on all these dumb ideas to get sports going again.

this would never happen.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
You really need to give up the dream on all these dumb ideas to get sports going again.

this would never happen.
Well here's a quote from the vice president of the NBPA Garret Temple, so I really don't think it's such a farfetched idea if it's been spoken about so openly by prominent NBA players.

For me, I think the 45-minute (COVID-19) test results is big, the ability to be able to test and get the results that quickly (there are even tests that return results in five minutes, with mass production reportedly starting this week). I agree that fans not being there (at the games) is a plus, but I think if we have a situation where we know the testing can be done, where we know whether the person has it in a much more timely manner, and we test right before we go into the facility, wherever we end up playing (is ideal). Everybody gets tested — if we have enough tests to go around and do that. I feel comfortable enough that the league will have it under control to where we can play if (all the players) are negative. And whoever isn’t negative, in terms of whoever needs to be in the facility, cannot go into the facility. I would feel comfortable if we have that, and also the facilities being disinfected prior to, directly prior to us entering them. So I think those measures, right now, as well as the basketball (and) everything in the facility, everything that will be used, being disinfected prior to us using them, as well as people being tested before we enter. Nobody knows how that’s going to look in terms of playoffs, or after the next game do you continue doing that for each game or during the playoffs do people stay in the same area? It’s an interesting situation that’s going to unfold, either way it goes.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

this would never happen.

We need these ideas (mass testing) to open anything.

From a personal level, after about the first 10 days I really haven't given much of a fart about sports.

It sucked for the first bit, but now I'm used to it and just watch a movie or TV show with the fiance every night, it's kind of a nice routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad