Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
With the whole economic uncertainty and how it will almost certainly lower cap projections, i wonder if guys like Hall will go the Hossa route and sign a 1yr deal with someone, and then resign with someone longer term the following summer when the cap will probably jump by quite a bit.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I thought dumping Joel Persson to Anaheim opened up a spot under the 50-man.

IIRC, because of the uncertainty of this season continuing, all these college UFAs are signing contracts that start next season and are unable to sign contracts for what’s left of the 19-20 season.

Reactions: KlefDown

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
With the whole economic uncertainty and how it will almost certainly lower cap projections, i wonder if guys like Hall will go the Hossa route and sign a 1yr deal with someone, and then resign with someone longer term the following summer when the cap will probably jump by quite a bit.
Hall has stated on multiple occasions the money isn’t the reason he will sign somewhere. At this point in his career he’s already made what? 42M? More than he’d ever know what to do with, he wants to win and that’s it. Probably ends up with a Boston or another contender if they are able to shed some cap.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I thought dumping Joel Persson to Anaheim opened up a spot under the 50-man.

IIRC, because of the uncertainty of this season continuing, all these college UFAs are signing contracts that start next season and are unable to sign contracts for what’s left of the 19-20 season.
We took back the contract of Angus Redmond in that deal which really didn’t make any sense to me

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I haven't seen his name come up too much in NCAA UFA talks, but I wonder if the Oilers have interest in Brinson Pasichnuk.

Alberta boy(from Bonnyville). Just finished his senior year at Arizona State. 6'0'' 185lbs left-handed defenseman.

Had 37 points in 36 games this year. Scores a lot of goals with a bomb of a shot.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Taylor Hall will be an Oiler next year. Hopefully hockey is back by then...

If Edmonton wants him and the cap goes up by a large enough margin, I could see a one year deal.

Hall needs to prove himself again before signing a big contract, and I think Edmonton is a great place for that to happen.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
If Edmonton wants him and the cap goes up by a large enough margin, I could see a one year deal.

Hall needs to prove himself again before signing a big contract, and I think Edmonton is a great place for that to happen.

At this point I think a flat cap is about as much as we should expect.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I'm honoestly thinking Hall is just cursed. We should stay away form him (unless he is cheap with a contract)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Cap is about to flatline or crater. It’s certainly not going up.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

88c5fa6f3d5375f3da00fdfe9a25f9f6.jpg

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If the Canucks get Minnesota State's best forward and the Flames get their best defenseman, we deserve their second best forward(Tuomie), at least

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If the Canucks get Minnesota State's best forward and the Flames get their best defenseman, we deserve their second best forward(Tuomie), at least
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Holland doesn't grab any of the top college guys. He completely ignored them last draft even when it was a good year for them. I think he rather grab Euro guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad