Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Made a quick look into next season and checked our cap situation, and I see we got some cap room for at least 1 more upgrade in a position if we want. These numbers are close to what I believe Holland will sign them at, give or take a few 100K.

73df68386e265f1bcc514280a5a10a56.png

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not sure where you see the cap space.
We have 12M to sign 12 players.
AA will get 3M, Bear probably another 3.
Ennis,Archi,Sheahan will all want a raise. There is no cap space to add anyone proven.

My guess is that Holland finds a way to get out of Chiasson contract and brings in Slepychev and Grigorenko from KHL. Russell out Green signed for cheap.

Ennis-McD-Kassian
Nuge-Drai-Yama
Slepy-Grigo-Neal
AA-Shehan-Archi

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Green
Jones-Larsson

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Russell is the guy who has been proven to have been hugely expendable. Cant pass, cant read the play. Always blocks shots because hes out of position.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Made a quick look into next season and checked our cap situation, and I see we got some cap room for at least 1 more upgrade in a position if we want. These numbers are close to what I believe Holland will sign them at, give or take a few 100K.

Ennis, Archibald and Sheahan are all significantly underpaid.

We should probably get used to all of them making closer to $2m on their next deals.

Reactions: Aerchon

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

You forgot Bear. Plus I'd like to get RNH, Yamamoto, and Larsson locked up before next season. So keep some room for those raises in 2 years. And with Benson hopefully being a full-time NHLer next year, I don't think we really need an upgrade anyways.

Reactions: Aerchon

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Positive they offload Russell, one of Chaisson or Khaira (my guess is Chaisson as he is more expensive and doesn’t PK) and possibly Neal this offseason.

However I can see them going with Neal for 1 more season and exposing him in the expansion draft with a draft pick or prospect to go to Seattle.

Haven’t run the Cap Friendly roster simulator but I’d guess we will have about $3M in cap space when it’s all said and done, depending on where the cap settles.

Reactions: belair

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
So who do we protect for the expansion draft? 7-3-1 or 8 + G? I'm leaning towards the 8 skaters+G route. Yamamoto is still on an ELC so he wont need to be protected, and there is no one else more important than our 5 defenseman below imo.

McDavid
Drai
RNH
Larsson
Klefbom
Nurse
Jones
Bear
Kosko

Exposed - Kassina, Athanasaiou, Khaira, Sheahan, Archi, Ennis, Neal,

Thoughts?

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Ennis, Archibald and Sheahan are all significantly underpaid.

We should probably get used to all of them making closer to $2m on their next deals.

If that's the case, Sheahan and Ennis shouldn't be back. That's a clear overpay for them.

Archibald is probably the one that merits it or close to it anyway.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
So who do we protect for the expansion draft? 7-3-1 or 8 + G? I'm leaning towards the 8 skaters+G route. Yamamoto is still on an ELC so he wont need to be protected, and there is no one else more important than our 5 defenseman below imo.

McDavid
Drai
RNH
Larsson
Klefbom
Nurse
Jones
Bear
Kosko

Thoughts?

Do not believe Larsson will be an Oiler at that point.

Even if he is, he'd be two weeks from UFA and you'd expose him anyway for that reason.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
it sounds like Holland flat out hates JP....but maybe he can pull an ethan bear.....and learn english.

Athanasiou-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNh-Drai-Yamo
Nygard-Benson-Kassian
Ennis-Sheahan-Archibald/Chiasson/Gagner

Khaira and PRuss in the AHL or as depth callups.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Jones-Benning
Lagesson

Bouchard simmers for a year or forces a trade of Benning/Larsson.

Kruss and Neal as the LTIR specials.

they could make a move for a goalie....that would be smart.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Do not believe Larsson will be an Oiler at that point.

Even if he is, he'd be two weeks from UFA and you'd expose him anyway for that reason.
He will be, but he won't have a contract. He'll be a UFA.

Reactions: ujju2

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
He will be, but he won't have a contract. He'll be a UFA.

A hundred dollars cold cash he's a goner before September 1.

He's a bad fit for the roster, he's a UFA in a year, he'll have trade value and they need the money. He's toast.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

McDavid
Drai
RNH
Larsson
Klefbom
Nurse
Jones
Bear
Kosko

Thoughts?
Yamamoto needs protection. So does Benson. We probably end up losing Jones if he's still here.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Moving Athanasiou to 3C creates an interesting look. If Ennis walks he probably takes that LW spot next to 97. In a perfect world we can trade Neal with some retention and bring back Slepyshev. Benson Athanasiou Slepyshev could add offense with some sheltered minutes. Two of Russell/Larsson/Benning should be dealt to open up space too. Preferably Russell after his bonus is paid in July, and Benning if they bring back Green on a cheap deal as the 6/7. Some budget team will bite on Russell with only a 1.5M price tag.

Ennis McDavid Kassian
RNH Drai Yamo
Benson Athanasiou Neal
Nygaard Sheahan Archibald

Nurse Bear
Klefbom Larsson
Jones Bouchard
Green or Benning

Reactions: ujju2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad