Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Why can't we sign nice things... and why do they choose to stay in the Pacific division?
Google Spencer Foo and Kenny Morrison, Two players that signed in this province, not just division the last few years, that this board imploded about.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
How is it 2020 and there's still people that believe college free agents are worth getting upset about
Agreed, I cited two players people got very upset about, who amounted to nothing. For every 1 who has an actual NHL impact, there’s about 100 of them who don’t every year. They should be looked at as AHL depth, nothing more

Reactions: MessierII

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Nice to get Slepy back, I suspect he'll actually thrive under Tippett.

Apparently, and I'm sure many know, the Oilers are going to offer a contract to Markus Neimalainen 3rd from back in 2016. Apparently his game has really come along, good news if the Oilers can find more depth out of largely forgotten picks.

Oilers are working on contract for Markus Niemelainen

Last edited:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Slepyshev left because the Oilers never extended an offer to him in his final year. I'm not surprised that he is willing to come back.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Oilers did offer a contract. Slepyshev was tired of being a yo yo. He brought his family with him

"Rumor has it" that Slepyshev was waiting for a call, any expression of interest, from the Oilers but one never came by the time December/January rolled around. By then the KHL called and offered him a contract, which he naturally accepted, having heard nothing from the team. By the time the beat guys were reporting that Slepyshev had accepted a contract to play in the KHL, months had gone by since I knew he was leaving. This indicates, to me, that the Oilers put him on the back-burner, and by the time they finally touched base with him, he was like "yeah, thanks for checking in, but I'm going to the KHL."

I've taken liberty with some of the details, but in general that's what happened. I knew Slepyshev was going to the KHL late-December, early-January because the Oilers hadn't contacted him and the KHL did.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
"Rumor has it" that Slepyshev was waiting for a call, any expression of interest, from the Oilers but one never came by the time December/January rolled around. By then the KHL called and offered him a contract, which he naturally accepted, having heard nothing from the team. By the time the beat guys were reporting that Slepyshev had accepted a contract to play in the KHL, months had gone by since I knew he was leaving. This indicates, to me, that the Oilers put him on the back-burner, and by the time they finally touched base with him, he was like "yeah, thanks for checking in, but I'm going to the KHL."

I've taken liberty with some of the details, but in general that's what happened. I knew Slepyshev was going to the KHL late-December, early-January because the Oilers hadn't contacted him and the KHL did.

remember that thread I started about 2 months before he officially signed? I trust what they guys who told me he was about to sign with the oilers back then are telling me. There was a problem between him and the OIlers and it went beyond the contract. Which was offered but a few think it was a two way deal and that was the problem.

The same guys who told me he was first coming to Edmonton told me just over a month ago that Slepyshev wants to come back to the NHL but would like a fresh start, which could be interesting I think and I think the Oilers might be better off trading him for an asset.

I am a Slepyshev fan and have been for awhile. But it comes down to numbers. Slepyshev has the talent to be 3rd liner who can sneak up to play 2nd line minutes if needed.

For me, I really liked the addition of Tyler Ennis, all 3 positions and can slide up and down the the line up as needed.

Does Shepyslev have the ability to click with McDavid?

IF we do get a compliance buy out and use it on Neal that could open a spot and then we have the wild card in AA who we gave up 2nds for and in 9 games did not find his game in Edmonton.

We have 9 FWD signed for next year
Mcdavid, Leon, Nuge, Chaisson, Neal, Kassian, Khaira, Archibald, and Yamamota.

RFA is AA
UFA are Haas, Sheahan, Ennis and Russel

Haas was finally settiling into his spot and Sheahan was clicking with Arch when they played together and I liked what Ennis was doing in his short span. Russell might get offered a two way contract.

I think for Holland to get Slepyshev back on the Oilers he might have to make promises that are hard to keep unless he can buy out or move Neal or find takers for Chaisson or Khaira. It is the numbers game.

Oilers finally have depth up front which is a good thing and it will be interesting to how this unfolds

While I would love to have Slepyshev back, gotta figure out where he plays--he is not a 4th liner

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
remember that thread I started about 2 months before he officially signed? I trust what they guys who told me he was about to sign with the oilers back then are telling me. There was a problem between him and the OIlers and it went beyond the contract. Which was offered but a few think it was a two way deal and that was the problem.

The same guys who told me he was first coming to Edmonton told me just over a month ago that Slepyshev wants to come back to the NHL but would like a fresh start, which could be interesting I think and I think the Oilers might be better off trading him for an asset.

I am a Slepyshev fan and have been for awhile. But it comes down to numbers. Slepyshev has the talent to be 3rd liner who can sneak up to play 2nd line minutes if needed.

For me, I really liked the addition of Tyler Ennis, all 3 positions and can slide up and down the the line up as needed.

Does Shepyslev have the ability to click with McDavid?

IF we do get a compliance buy out and use it on Neal that could open a spot and then we have the wild card in AA who we gave up 2nds for and in 9 games did not find his game in Edmonton.

We have 9 FWD signed for next year
Mcdavid, Leon, Nuge, Chaisson, Neal, Kassian, Khaira, Archibald, and Yamamota.

RFA is AA
UFA are Haas, Sheahan, Ennis and Russel

Haas was finally settiling into his spot and Sheahan was clicking with Arch when they played together and I liked what Ennis was doing in his short span. Russell might get offered a two way contract.

I think for Holland to get Slepyshev back on the Oilers he might have to make promises that are hard to keep unless he can buy out or move Neal or find takers for Chaisson or Khaira. It is the numbers game.

Oilers finally have depth up front which is a good thing and it will be interesting to how this unfolds

While I would love to have Slepyshev back, gotta figure out where he plays--he is not a 4th liner

Was he supposed to sign with the Oilers before December? Because I knew he had agreed to a KHL deal by the end of December/early January.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Who does Hall play with now that Slepy is back? :D

The thing I like most about the Slepy move is it means Hall is unlikely.

AA, Slepy, Archibald, Chaisson, Kharia, Neal, Kassian, Nygard, and maybe even Puljujarvi + Ennis all able to play in the top 6 with McDavid.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

AA, Slepy, Archibald, Chaisson, Kharia, Neal, Kassian, Nygard, and maybe even Puljujarvi + Ennis all able to play in the top 6 with McDavid.

Whilst I don't think Hall is coming here, I really don't think a fringe NHLer signing here has any influence at all in us getting a 1st line winger.

Holland loaded up on gambles last off-season too, some stuck, some didn't.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019

Not that I think hall is coming back, but there’s no way slepy would factor into bringing in a top 6 player.

He’ll be just like Haas and Nygard, a cheap depth option who we hope can out perform his cheap contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad