Proposal: Rumors and Proposals IV | Excuse Me Sir, Could You Spare a RHD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
John Jaeckel ‏@jaeckel 5m5 minutes ago
Source, "deal getting close, but NOT DONE, other teams can emerge until it goes to the league." One Hawk player involved "may surprise"

John Jaeckel ‏@jaeckel 30m30 minutes ago
Source: issue with Yak deal is strictly how much $ EDM retains. "Getting closer," talks simmered since July. Didn't hear which Hawk players.

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
Source, "deal getting close, but NOT DONE, other teams can emerge until it goes to the league." One Hawk player involved "may surprise"

Source: issue with Yak deal is strictly how much $ EDM retains. "Getting closer," talks simmered since July. Didn't hear which Hawk players.

I'd imagine the player that "may surprise" is a Dman on the current roster.

TvR or Gustavsson (assuming he doesn't hate the Oilers)?

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
It's funny to read the Blackhawks thread about this trade, they are excited for the idea of having him in their top 6. And we can't wait to get rid of him.

Last edited:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Stoner always seems to give our forwards fits and with what I've seen in would probably be our 4/5 guy.

Cap is high as I noted. He doesn't help offensively, which we need most, but I do think he would improve our d corp in general.

Don't watch him enough to say we should take him. Just asking what others think of his play. I am assuming he is being sent down in hopes someone grabs him for cap relief rather than he is a poor player.

Stoner is terrible. He is another Nikitin

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Stauffer mentions they could look at adding another defenseman to the right side, which might put some stock into a Mayfield claim.
He was a pretty good prospect coming out of college, but in the limited times I've seen him since then it doesn't feel like he has improved all that much. What do you think Mayfield brings that Gryba doesn't? Seems like a less experienced version of the same player in many respects.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
He was a pretty good prospect coming out of college, but in the limited times I've seen him since then it doesn't feel like he has improved all that much. What do you think Mayfield brings that Gryba doesn't? Seems like a less experienced version of the same player in many respects.

Hopefully better skating ability.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Who? Brian Campbell?:laugh:

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
Which player would people prefer: TVR or Pokka?

I think I would rather have Pokka.

Wouldn't TVR immediately make the roster?

I'm not too familiar with him, but I'd imagine he would slot in the the third pairing RD position.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Which player would people prefer: TVR or Pokka?

I think I would rather have Pokka.

No way TVR. TVR is comparable to Davidson. he is a vastly underrated D and performed really well in NHL. If we get TVR I will shave my head. Unless Bowman lost his mind theres no way theyd shoot themselves in the foot

Giving Oilers a critical need and downgrading? No way

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
No way TVR. TVR is comparable to Davidson. he is a vastly underrated D and performed really well in NHL. If we get TVR I will shave my head. Unless Bowman lost his mind theres no way theyd shoot themselves in the foot

Giving Oilers a critical need and downgrading? No way

Noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad