Proposal: Rumors and Proposals IV | Excuse Me Sir, Could You Spare a RHD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I would assume Pokka, I mean if they're wanting Edmonton to retain while still returning nothing, why wouldn't Chai just toss him on waivers and save the cap hit and contract spot(s).

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Zero interest in Clayton Stoner. You don't pay 3M+ to marginally upgrade your #7 D-man.

I also have no interest in throwing Anaheim a bone. No trades with them until they get Lindholm under contract.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Hope not, that guy is pretty bad. Also would be another LHD, and not the puck-mover type.

That's true but it would fit the "underwhelming" label we've been hearing about the possible return for Yak more so than Pokka plus he makes $750k on a one way deal, granted no cap hit if he plays in the minors.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
If I were the person to give a damn about the value we get on Nail Yakupov, I'd brace myself for some AHL fodder that has no chance at playing for the Oilers and be pleasantly surprised if something like Pokka or McNeil is involved.

Just saying.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 1m1 minute ago

Oilers fans getting a dose of reality on Yakupov's market value. It is even lower w/belief EDM wants to move before season opener.

??? This entire board knows his market value is low, who is he calling out here?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I would assume Pokka, I mean if they're wanting Edmonton to retain while still returning nothing, why wouldn't Chai just toss him on waivers and save the cap hit and contract spot(s).

I would assume Pokka as well, just make sense for the needs in the organization.

If he is dealt to Chicago I hope he has a great season. Not to show anyone up, just because I would like to see him do it.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Pronman said he thinks Larsson might stick on D for Anaheim. How many good young D do they have, with Lindholm not extended?

Would love to see Chia trade Yak there, if it has to happen. Someone like Theodore or Montour.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Can't wait for Yak to get traded to Chicago and succeed playing with Kane or Panarin and have people all over this site use it as proof that Chia is a terrible GM who traded away a 2 1st OA's and a 2nd OA pick.

Just like the way Magnus Paajarvi succeeded when he got traded to the much better St. Louis Blues... right?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If Yak+ goes for Pokka, just OS Rakell and move Drai to the RW. Sign Wiz and we should be good for this season

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Oh, $3million. Didn't see that.

Pass.

If it was for one year, I would be fine, but having another year on the deal just makes it a complete no go.

If the Oilers had too many RHD (imagine, lol), then moving Fayne for him would make sense, but nothing beyond that.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Just like the way Magnus Paajarvi succeeded when he got traded to the much better St. Louis Blues... right?

It was a sarcastic post regarding the herd mentality on here. I don't actually think Yak will break out significantly, but I do think he can be a capable NHLer if he's stuck with guys who can do all the heavy lifting for him.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
It was a sarcastic post regarding the herd mentality on here. I don't actually think Yak will break out significantly, but I do think he can be a capable NHLer if he's stuck with guys who can do all the heavy lifting for him.

Yeah, I figured it was sarcastic. Just adding some more sarcasm to it.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That's exactly what it sounds like.

I'm not sure this makes much sense, but if Chia really want to finally be done with Yakupov this appears to be his chance.

IT makes complete sense for the Oilers. A RHD who scored 45 points in the AHL last season for a disappointment with rock bottom value. Frankly, I'd be surprised if Pokka was on the table at all for Yak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad