Proposal: Rumors and Proposals IV | Excuse Me Sir, Could You Spare a RHD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
No way TVR. TVR is comparable to Davidson. he is a vastly underrated D and performed really well in NHL. If we get TVR I will shave my head. Unless Bowman lost his mind theres no way theyd shoot themselves in the foot

Giving Oilers a critical need and downgrading? No way

You will be held accountable ;)

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Just like the way Magnus Paajarvi succeeded when he got traded to the much better St. Louis Blues... right?

or Schremp...
or Nilsson...
or Omark....
or Gagner...
or POS....
or Cogliano.... (depth guy doing well but never a top 6 again)
or ...
or....

The only forward since the days of Satan to bite us have been guys like Cleary that ended up FINALLY ADMITTING THEIR FAULTS and changing their game to fit the only the role they can survive at...CHECKING LINE WING.

I dont believe Yak will ever be able to adapt to checking or depth role so i expect him to bust where ever he goes

AvOiL

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2008
Calgary, AB
No way TVR. TVR is comparable to Davidson. he is a vastly underrated D and performed really well in NHL. If we get TVR I will shave my head. Unless Bowman lost his mind theres no way theyd shoot themselves in the foot

Giving Oilers a critical need and downgrading? No way

Thanks, good to know. I'm not very familiar with either player.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
we shall see how close it is depending on if Yak plays tonight

It's 3:15 pm EST right now. What time does paperwork have to be filed does anyone know off the top of their head? Or is there even a deadline each day?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Pokka is a far better choice than TVR.

Pokka is like a MAB type guy. Very good offensively (although has to translate to NHL). But he does have good upside there.

TVR is already a good NHLer. Theres been talk about him moving into top 4 for Chicago

Anyway, imagine being Hall and getting dealt to NJ. Now watching Yak being dealt to infinitely better situation in Chicago lmao :laugh:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
It's 3:15 pm EST right now. What time does paperwork have to be filed does anyone know off the top of their head? Or is there even a deadline each day?

There's no deadline. Players can be traded right up to game time, and I don't even think that can officially prevent it.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Pokka has a higher offencive upside, which is a bit more of a need, so I'd take him over TVR.

Pokka could also start in the AHL, and then work his way up once Fayne is dealt, or injuries. TVR would allow you to put Nurse in the AHL to polish his game more, but doesn't have the same upside.

The fact that Pokka's also from the same area as Pulju also has me leaning that way too.

If the defence by the end of the year is...

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse/Davidson-Sekera
Nurse/Davidson-Pokka

... I'd be quite happy

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Only thing I know about TVR is that I spent the entirety of the Chicago/St Louis series thinking "man, this guy ****ing sucks."

gsp

Mar 12, 2016
Edmonton,Alberta
Pokka is like a MAB type guy. Very good offensively (although has to translate to NHL). But he does have good upside there.

TVR is already a good NHLer. Theres been talk about him moving into top 4 for Chicago

Anyway, imagine being Hall and getting dealt to NJ. Now watching Yak being dealt to infinitely better situation in Chicago lmao :laugh:

TVR is a below average bottom pairing NHLer and Chicago would be very dumb to move him into the top 4.

Last edited:

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
sucks Yakupov has turned into the player he is right now. I loved watching the kid play in his rookie season.

yeah...the same season Schultz looked good (both of them actually)

keep in mind the Oilers played well for the first half of their games that season then the wheels fell off until the last few games. In comparison the great teams were mostly the opposite...toook a while to get in game shape, then turned it on, then rested their horses for the pos-season.

we had a big start thanks to most our key guys gelling in the A.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Maybe Chia is waiting to read HFBoards to see what we think of TVR and Pokka before doing it then he will determine how much we will retain.

Yakupov to Chicago+Reading HFBoards+?????=Profit. :laugh:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Chicago needs to get rid of salary. If we're retaining we need at least 2 players coming back.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
TVR is a legit NHLer but Pokka helps us more long term.

Pokka doesnt have to clear waivers, is an offensive Dman and can gel with Puljujarvi in the AHL til both are ready.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
faaa58fb88f62e98d0177dd32968459a.png

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I imagine Chia is also waiting for other teams to throw up an offer as well. Maybe a better one comes in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad