Proposal: Rumors and Proposals IV | Excuse Me Sir, Could You Spare a RHD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I've been on the Pokka bandwagon since the World Hockey Championship in May where he played great on the silver medal winning Finland team. He was also solid at the World Cup.

Rumors around here were that Pokka was unhappy about the Rozsival re-signing along with Campbell and Kempny signings because he had a great camp last year and was sent to Rockford, where he was told to sit tight for the year. Thought he would have a opportunity this year after a good year in AHL and then Bowman brings in more veterans above him.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
That's true but it would fit the "underwhelming" label we've been hearing about the possible return for Yak more so than Pokka plus he makes $750k on a one way deal, granted no cap hit if he plays in the minors.

Fair enough. Does fit the size fetish that Chia has.

I think it's a given regardless.

I hope so, but I saw some tweets from Bob a few days ago where he figured that it was becoming less like that Chia would sign him. Hasn't had the best preseason, but he is still a cup winning vet coming off a .5 ppg season.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Oh, $3million. Didn't see that.

Pass.

That makes a world of difference.

As for yak and the Hawks. I believe it was bickel who the hawks wanted to move at the time.

As for the dose of reality? As one yak supporter I excepted that we maybe lucky to get a 4th. Most have realized how low his value is

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Stauffer tossing out the Pens & Anaheim "would have time for Yakupov".

Bidding war? Lol

Yeah, I just mentioned Anaheim because they have approximately 7 jillion good young D and they probably need a winger.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
sucks Yakupov has turned into the player he is right now. I loved watching the kid play in his rookie season.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Pronman said he thinks Larsson might stick on D for Anaheim. How many good young D do they have, with Lindholm not extended?

Would love to see Chia trade Yak there, if it has to happen. Someone like Theodore or Montour.

Theodore and Montour arguably have as much value as Nurse, Theodore especially. Yak would be a thrown in for one of them.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Stauffer mentions they could look at adding another defenseman to the right side, which might put some stock into a Mayfield claim.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Fair enough. Does fit the size fetish that Chia has.

I hope so, but I saw some tweets from Bob a few days ago where he figured that it was becoming less like that Chia would sign him. Hasn't had the best preseason, but he is still a cup winning vet coming off a .5 ppg season.

My thoughts exactly (Svedberg - size). I've always liked Versteegs game, he's bounced around all 3 positions in preseason. Hopefully he gets in the Saturday game and does well.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Stauffer mentions they could look at adding another defenseman to the right side, which might put some stock into a Mayfield claim.

Guy Flaming loves this guy, and said he would be a great fit with the Oilers

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013

Wouldn't mind this at all, or signing Wiz, or trading for Trouba/Fowler, or nearly anything for that matter.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Release Gryba. Sign Versteeg.
Claim Mayfield.
Yakupov for Pokka.

Lucic McDavid Eberle
Pouliot RNH Versteeg
Maroon Drai JP
Cagguila Letestu Kassian

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Fayne
Davidson Pokka
Mayfield

I like it.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
hmmm, yak for a AHL defender that couldn't make the bottom pairing on a team who essentially didn't even HAVE a bottom pairing last year (chicagos bottom pairing was atrocious) ..... wow, that is some low value

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Release Gryba. Sign Versteeg.
Claim Mayfield.
Yakupov for Pokka.

Lucic McDavid Eberle
Pouliot RNH Versteeg
Maroon Drai JP
Cagguila Letestu Kassian

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Fayne
Davidson Pokka
Mayfield

I like it.
now that would be surprising. Getting Mayfield and Pokka and playing them both. I'd think we would keep Pokka in the AHL for now.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
hmmm, yak for a AHL defender that couldn't make the bottom pairing on a team who essentially didn't even HAVE a bottom pairing last year (chicagos bottom pairing was atrocious) ..... wow, that is some low value

Last year it was, but it's projected to be Kempny and TVR this year which is really solid. Pokka would make a lot of teams in the league this year IMO.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
You want to saddle this team with another 3.25M contract for 2 years for a bottom pair/7D? That would be incredibly stupid to claim him, while also helping Anaheim out of their cap trouble.

Stoner always seems to give our forwards fits and with what I've seen in would probably be our 4/5 guy.

Cap is high as I noted. He doesn't help offensively, which we need most, but I do think he would improve our d corp in general.

Don't watch him enough to say we should take him. Just asking what others think of his play. I am assuming he is being sent down in hopes someone grabs him for cap relief rather than he is a poor player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad