Rumor: Rumor is Petterson wants out....

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Unless they are wanting established players ie Copp + whatever we don't really make good trade partners with other bubble teams. We can't afford to give up good youth.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I'd love to add Pettersson. I dont believe he will be traded and even if we were I dont see Detroit being in a position to make the best offer. For shits and giggles

Veleno + Berggren + 1st? Throw in Zadina?

As much as I like Berggren you gotta give to get. With Rasmussen looking like a better winger for now Berggren could be expendable. It stings but would still leave you something along the lines of:

Ras - Larkin - Ray
Kubalik/Fabbri - EP - Perron
Kasper - Copp - Kubalik/Fabbri
Sunny - XXX - Erne

Sign someone like Glendening or Frederick Gaudreau to plug into the 4th line.

Last edited:
Reactions: theYman

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Where is this rumor coming from?

I would be having daily conversations with Vancouver. There is a very very short list of Detroit assets that I would not part with to acquire Pettersson.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I get stupid when I hear Petterson and go Kasper, Edvinsson and a 2024 first.
The two extremes of trade proposals lol.

It all depends on what Vancouver wants to do. Do they want to compete? Rebuild? Re-tool?
But proposal #1 is way too much, and proposal #2 not nearly enough.

I'll add that Yzerman needs to be all over situations like these.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
The two extremes of trade proposals lol.

It all depends on what Vancouver wants to do. Do they want to compete? Rebuild? Re-tool?
But proposal #1 is way too much, and proposal #2 not nearly enough.
I'd say it's the $64M questions, but I think the $64M is already the answer. They have to be committed to adding players that will help them right now and the short term. Taking futures just burns away the Miller deal.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The combination of Larkin+Pettersson down the middle feels good enough to compete. And sooner than later.

I'm a believer in Kasper and Edvinsson, but Pettersson is the type of player that makes you consider moving significant pieces.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I'd love to add Pettersson. I dont believe he will be traded and even if we were I dont see Detroit being in a position to make the best offer. For shits and giggles

As much as I like Berggren you gotta give to get. With Rasmussen looking like a better winger for now Berggren could be expendable. It stings but would still leave you something along the lines of:

Ras - Larkin - Ray
Kubalik/Fabbri - EP - Perron
Kasper - Copp - Kubalik/Fabbri
Sunny - XXX - Erne

Sign someone like Glendening or Frederick Gaudreau to plug into the 4th line.
This wouldn’t even be close

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Any chance you lessen the blow by taking on the OEL contract? Would Vancouver even bother with that?
We absolutely cannot take on the OEL contract. Mo, Ray, Ras, Hronek, Veleno need new contracts after next season and I believe OEL has 4 more years on his.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Any chance you lessen the blow by taking on the OEL contract? Would Vancouver even bother with that?
This isn’t a bad idea. It’s a huge, shitty contract but it could mean we part with much less. I doubt Van does it though, if they trade Petterson and Horvat leaves, they’re back in a full rebuild so there’s no reason to push to get rid of OEL.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad