Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
That’s a hideous goal that simply can’t go in there. Saros has been bad this year

EDIT: that’s a big stop though

Last edited:

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Leafs and Bruins was quite the game.

Good to see Leafs show some heart and play hard.
I think the Leafs usually muster some willpower when they're at the brink of elimination, but not enough to come all the way back. That's usually the pattern that keeps their management delusional about keeping the core together.

To be fair, if there's any team that can't finish a series it's the current Bruins, but I think the Leafs will defeat themselves.

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I will eternally be puzzled by this Bruins roster's inability to close out series. This is how many times now that they take a commanding series lead and then just refuse to close it out? Even as a Bruins enjoyer, it'd be a massive karmic retribution for Toronto to eke out two more games to boot them out.

Reactions: Arthuros

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Canes v Rangers should be a good series.

Avs looking good but goal tending is still suspect.

Vegas has gotten the bounces but haven't looked like the better team in their series.

Doesnt matter who wins BOS v TOR, Panthers are looking like they will take out whichever team they get pretty handedly.

Overall, I think the West is in trouble. EDM looks good, VGK has the talent but arent playing up to it, COL has suspect goal tending and Stars may be too old.

Reactions: Kalv

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
I want an Edmonton vs Florida finals. Either Canada breaks the cup drought or Panthers get their first cup.
This is what I'm hoping as well. I wouldn't mind Dallas either instead of Oilers. As a Finn Carolina would also be good. Only team I truly dislike and wish them nothing but pain are the Red Wings. Maybe some mild distaste for Preds and their ugly jerseys, but that team is so different now I don't really care. It's different for Red Wings though, they could sport a full team of ex-ducks and I still couldn't stand them. I don't even know what I'm bitter for anymore after all these years, but it is what it is.

Anyway I feel the second round will be a bloodbath for many teams. It's going to be exciting.

"You better tell him. You better tell him Pavel. You're gonna get it too."

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
I will eternally be puzzled by this Bruins roster's inability to close out series. This is how many times now that they take a commanding series lead and then just refuse to close it out? Even as a Bruins enjoyer, it'd be a massive karmic retribution for Toronto to eke out two more games to boot them out.

They’re very lucky they got the one in 2011, because if not, we’d be talking about them as the biggest chokers of the post-lockout era. They’ve got some doozies on their resume

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
It just amazes me the difference in officiating during regular season vs playoffs. They call so little in the playoffs, which is the way it should be the entire season.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
If there's any karmic justice in the world this will happen. But the Hawks got Bedard so I don't think karma really exists.
Yeah, it's questionable. In 2015, the Hawks used the LTIR loophole for Patrick Kane to get Antoine Vermette, who the Ducks were also trying to get at the trade deadline. Miraculously Kane recovered from his injury just in time for the playoffs and Vermette went on to score the double OT GWG in game 4 to tie up the series at two games each.

• Wow
Reactions: duckaroosky

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
I’ve seen about enough of these NHL commercials with the Vegas fan “2019 Stanley Cup Champions tattoo” and the Preds’ catfish fan (don’t even get me started with the Avalanche couple who broke off a decade-long relationship because of the team winning a championship while they were separated for a couple months if that’s not scripted for dramatic effect), though it makes me wonder what would be featured in a Ducks-centric ad.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I’ve seen about enough of these NHL commercials with the Vegas fan “2019 Stanley Cup Champions tattoo” and the Preds’ catfish fan (don’t even get me started with the Avalanche couple who broke off a decade-long relationship because of the team winning a championship while they were separated for a couple months if that’s not scripted for dramatic effect), though it makes me wonder what would be featured in a Ducks-centric ad.
Someone sobbing uncontrollably for the whole 20-30 second commercial... but in orange

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yeah, it's questionable. In 2015, the Hawks used the LTIR loophole for Patrick Kane to get Antoine Vermette, who the Ducks were also trying to get at the trade deadline. Miraculously Kane recovered from his injury just in time for the playoffs and Vermette went on to score the double OT GWG in game 4 to tie up the series at two games each.
Murray wouldn’t pay a first for Vermette. Hawks would. BM gets to own that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad