Rumor: Rumor is Petterson wants out....

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Krebs has less value now than when they traded for him and Tuch has more value now. Tuch is a great player for them but let's not act like the emergence of Tage Thompson hasn't benefitted him at all.

But if Vegas goes on to win the Cup this year I'll go ahead and let them know that Buffalo gained more.
Jack even going to be playing come playoff time?

The Wings cannot do a 4 for 1 trade. We'd basically be shitty until we re-drafted those 4 pieces. The 1 piece doesn't help the team enough.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I'd love to add Pettersson. I dont believe he will be traded and even if we were I dont see Detroit being in a position to make the best offer. For shits and giggles

Veleno + Berggren + 1st? Throw in Zadina?

As much as I like Berggren you gotta give to get. With Rasmussen looking like a better winger for now Berggren could be expendable. It stings but would still leave you something along the lines of:

Ras - Larkin - Ray
Kubalik/Fabbri - EP - Perron
Kasper - Copp - Kubalik/Fabbri
Sunny - XXX - Erne

Sign someone like Glendening or Frederick Gaudreau to plug into the 4th line.
I'll take Frederick Gaudreau. That would be awesome. Then I could finally have an excuse to get a jersey with my last name on it. Lol

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He hasn't managed more than 35 games in a row for three seasons now. There's more than 35 on the way to the playoffs

He's proving that when he plays hockey he can still be highly effective and it wasn't like he reinjured his neck it was a lower body injury that kept him out a month. By all means, keep pivoting across the court.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
He's proving that when he plays hockey he can still be highly effective and it wasn't like he reinjured his neck it was a lower body injury that kept him out a month. By all means, keep pivoting across the court.
Buffalo won big.
Vancouver will win big if they trade EP40

Unless there is a magical fleecing there is 0 chance that Detroit comes out ahead in any trade for EP40.

EDIT - to amend. Vancouver will get a f*** ton of assets for EP40. It's hard to give them a win for a trade when they will still be bad. Which they will continue to be with 1. that defense and 2. JT Miller

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Buffalo won big.
Vancouver will win big if they trade EP40

Unless there is a magical fleecing there is 0 chance that Detroit comes out ahead in any trade for EP40.
Just like Buffalo winning the ROR trade getting Tage Thompson. It's about perspective. Vegas can still wind up not losing the trade at all

Vancouver doesn't want to trade him and they'd be dumb to.
You don't trade 24 year old 100 point centers for players in juniors, the SHL, and the AHL.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Just like Buffalo winning the ROR trade getting Tage Thompson. It's about perspective. Vegas can still wind up not losing the trade at all

Vancouver doesn't want to trade him and they'd be dumb to.
You don't trade 24 year old 100 point centers for players in juniors, the SHL, and the AHL.
Then it's settled. Any trade for EP40 excludes our 1sts, Kasper or Edvinsson. Glad we've finally come to some agreement here.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
And with Buffalo getting a '23 1st, '24 2nd, Tuch, and Krebs was it worth it to Vegas? Tuch has outscored Eichel 83 to 58 since the trade.

Trade packages of that size for a single player almost never work out.

This.
More often than not, the team that traded the farm is the loser.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
When was the last time a player went for this much? Players always being back less than expected when futures are involved. Edvinsson is already a super high rated prospect, plus Soderblom is doing well, then you are adding 2 more 1sts to the mix. Not saying I want Pettersson because I don't think he is going to be a good bus driver in the playoffs, but the cost isn't 3 1sts essentially and a pretty good prospect.
Jack Eichel/ Erik Karlsson trades were close I think, both had injury concerns.

Guys like Pettersson aren't traded often so the comparisons I think are far and few between. Most guys with his skill are on contract years or are older rentals. Not young players about to enter their literal prime years of their careers. Not sure a team makes a move unless Pettersson signs a multi-year contract.

The one year he made the playoffs with the Canucks he only had 18 points in 17 games while being a rookie.

Reactions: Ezekial

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad