Rumor: Rumor is Petterson wants out....

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Vrana + Zadina <> Pettersson.

Yzerman completes a trade. Call it a day.

1673642142481.png

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Detroit Pettersson flat out will not score like Vancouver Pettersson. Major differences in east/west and Fester/Boudreau.

His 2 way play is really overrated and he’s high maintenance. Is he an upgrade on Copp? Yes. Does he make this team better? Not as much as some people think.

The juice just isn’t worth the squeeze here.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Detroit Pettersson flat out will not score like Vancouver Pettersson. Major differences in east/west and Fester/Boudreau.

His 2 way play is really overrated and he’s high maintenance. Is he an upgrade on Copp? Yes. Does he make this team better? Not as much as some people think.

I'm inclined to concur. If we can sweeten Copp to give them back an "in his 20s" center because they should be targeting immediate help, great. But kids and picks? Nope.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
This wouldn’t even be close

Maybe I am overrating Berggren? I feel like he is emerging as blue chip asset. He is pacing for nearly 50 points while playing 13 minutes a night at 22 years old. With the 12th overall pick that seems like a legit starting point.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

I agree for the most part.

IMO despite what some here want to think, we are still 1-2 elite pieces, particularly on forward, away from being anything legit. We need a top line stat forward capable of taking over games to be a contender. Every single contender has that and the year STL won they had guys playing to that level.

In my opinion we are a bubble team that will be swept in the first round at best. We should sell at the deadline and take a crack at this top 5, which is full of the best offensive talent in the draft since at least 2015.

If we got Bedard or Michkov, i think one of those guys with Kasper, Ed and Wallinder being added to this core would be a championship core.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I'm inclined to concur. If we can sweeten Copp to give them back an "in his 20s" center because they should be targeting immediate help, great. But kids and picks? Nope.

People are looking at the scoring totals and forgetting that this team plays low impact hockey. They also forget that Pettersson needs someone to take faceoffs for him, and that he is just not great at defensive zone coverage. Vancouver has some heavy hitters scoring a ton but still are in the negatives for a reason.

Reactions: Crunchy

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Sooner or later, Yzerman will most likely have to deal out a piece or two of the D prospects, especially if Walman continues to shine and we retain him.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Take on OEL to reduce the price for Pettersson by a 1st.

Then spin OEL to somebody else for a lesser package (with some retention if necessary).

Reactions: 14ari13

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Maybe I am overrating Berggren? I feel like he is emerging as blue chip asset. He is pacing for nearly 50 points while playing 13 minutes a night at 22 years old. With the 12th overall pick that seems like a legit starting point.

NO, Berggren is just great.

At current season, he is 3rd best producing forward from the 2018 draft class.

Seems to be strong class of defencemen (6 of the Top10 producers a defencemen!), but being 3rd after B.Tkachuk and A.Svechnikov, that's freaking impressive!

All hail Tyler Wright about this pick! ;)

1673647427281.png

There's something really weird on that 2018 class, like how Zadina has busted for us and it's doesn't look good for other forwards either. Defencemen are great (but not our defencemen we drafted).

Thank god we have Berggren, who has overachieved his expectations.

Last edited:

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
2024 1st unprotected + Ned + Wallinder + Savage for EP. Chancy is just got ranked #28 in prospect pool quality. Wallinder, Savage, and the ‘24 1st go a long way to fix that.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
No way they would package OEL with Pettersson. Why lessen his value like that?
Why would they trade their best player at arguably the most valuable position in hockey? Because they're a terrible front office.

I'm just trying to rake them over the coals for everything I can get.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Why would they trade their best player at arguably the most valuable position in hockey? Because they're a terrible front office.

I'm just trying to rake them over the coals for everything I can get.
In that vein: if Larkin won't resign, should Yzerman package hm or trade him for EP?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
How old is he?

You have to give something to get something. He produces and he is proven. But does he fit our system?
I am trying to figure out what kind of a team Yzerman wants to create.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'd love to add Pettersson. I dont believe he will be traded and even if we were I dont see Detroit being in a position to make the best offer. For shits and giggles

Veleno + Berggren + 1st? Throw in Zadina?

As much as I like Berggren you gotta give to get. With Rasmussen looking like a better winger for now Berggren could be expendable. It stings but would still leave you something along the lines of:

Ras - Larkin - Ray
Kubalik/Fabbri - EP - Perron
Kasper - Copp - Kubalik/Fabbri
Sunny - XXX - Erne

Sign someone like Glendening or Frederick Gaudreau to plug into the 4th line.
Come on Man, You're not getting an elite talent C like EP for Veleno+Berggren+1st+Zadina outside of Berggren it's a lousy offer.

How old is he?

You have to give something to get something. He produces and he is proven. But does he fit our system?
I am trying to figure out what kind of a team Yzerman wants to create.
I believe he's 2 years younger than Larkin, So around 24 years old.

Reactions: 14ari13

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It will hurt but it won't Kasper + Edvinsson + unprotected 2023 1st hurt

But will probably take 2 of those pieces. Top protected 23 if we win lottery for unprotected 24 + one of those 2 + roster player

ALSO:
Why would you ask the forum how old EP is. You can get an answer for that yourself in 3 seconds. :help: Asking a forum is way more effort than googling it.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
In that vein: if Larkin won't resign, should Yzerman package hm or trade him for EP?
I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that. The whole point is to have both of them down the middle.

But in that hypothetical, I absolutely would rather have EP than Larkin (assuming the balance of the trade isn't crazy).

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Come on Man, You're not getting an elite talent C like EP for Veleno+Berggren+1st+Zadina outside of Berggren it's a lousy offer.

I believe he's 2 years younger than Larkin, So around 24 years old.

Canucks can keep Pettersson then. Giving up much more than that would not be a good move for the Red Wings.

Also 12th overall is lousy? It landed the islanders a top 4 22 year old dman last off season.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Raymond. Veleno. 2nd. ?

Edit -> actually I wouldn’t want to lose 2 young developing players. I’d remove veleno and if further value was required I’d look to a B prospect. I guess the gist is I’d turn Raymond into Petterson if it was available.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nhlisawesome

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
2024 1st unprotected + Ned + Wallinder + Savage for EP. Chancy is just got ranked #28 in prospect pool quality. Wallinder, Savage, and the ‘24 1st go a long way to fix that.

That is a whole load of nothing you just offered them!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad