Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I don't wanna shit on anybody. Except DeAngelo so I hope he plays.

All I said yesterday, which seemed to set people off, is that I think their roster might be a hair better.

You can certainly disagree with that, but I don't think it's 1) egregious or 2) shitting on the Rangers, or 3) slobbering over the Canes.

I like to look at large samples. Over the last three years, the teams with the most wins are Boston, Colorado, Carolina, Florida, and the Rangers.

I've said it before: I don't really care about Boston at all when the chips are down, so take them out. So what's that, 2 vs 4? Or maybe 3 vs 4? Or 1 vs 2? Or 2 vs 1! Put it in any order you want.

Point is, it's 2 of the top 5 teams playing each other. I think most people would agree with that.

The only reason I brought up them being a bit better on paper, was to point out that we've shown that we handle adversity better than they do, we've won the matchup in the past, and we have a style that gives them fits, just like the Caps were kind of annoying against us even though we got it done.

There was a huge BUT there and everyone focused on before the but.
But

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
For the usual suspects it will be. They will be on the ledge.

And, they'll be telling us that they've been telling us all year that this team never had a chance, that they're tragically flawed, aren't tough enough, and that they're done with this team until everyone besides Othmann is traded.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Carolina's a good team, not gonna pretend otherwise. Not even gonna say "haha we own them look at the recent records" because teams are slightly different and the Rangers just barely beat them 2 years ago in the playoffs.

'Canes play a style that looks a lot better than the Rangers, grades out a lot better, and the Rangers play a style that's more opportunistic and doesn't grade out well but has served them pretty well over the past several years. SO what's better? f*** it I dunno, but I do know the Rangers don't quit easy and is getting overlooked for stupid reasons.
It's a bit of a dice role at this stage in the game and the Rangers have as good a chance as anyone to come out of the east at this point. Zibanejad played well, Shesterkin playing well, defense solid, Trocheck on a tear...if Panarin builds on that first round and asserts himself as the gamechanger he is then the Rangers have good odds. Even better if the 3rd line pops in more goals.

I don't wanna shit on anybody. Except DeAngelo so I hope he plays.

All I said yesterday, which seemed to set people off, is that I think their roster might be a hair better.

You can certainly disagree with that, but I don't think it's 1) egregious or 2) shitting on the Rangers, or 3) slobbering over the Canes.

I like to look at large samples. Over the last three years, the teams with the most wins are Boston, Colorado, Carolina, Florida, and the Rangers.

I've said it before: I don't really care about Boston at all when the chips are down, so take them out. So what's that, 2 vs 4? Or maybe 3 vs 4? Or 1 vs 2? Or 2 vs 1! Put it in any order you want.

Point is, it's 2 of the top 5 teams playing each other. I think most people would agree with that.

The only reason I brought up them being a bit better on paper, was to point out that we've shown that we handle adversity better than they do, we've won the matchup in the past, and we have a style that gives them fits, just like the Caps were kind of annoying against us even though we got it done.

There was a huge BUT there and everyone focused on before the but.
I mean, I like huge buts I can't deny

You can be sure I'm focusing on them

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
has anyone re-watched the games yet?

the live view gave me a mixed feeling on Lafreniere's play. id also want to look at the shift charts again to see how his 5v5 opportunities were less plentiful and might have contributed to lack of rhythm.

I know he put up 1apg, and that his physicality took a main caps Dman out of the series (on a play that led to a beautiful goal). also yes it's not fair to single out specific players. but did his play against wash leave anyone else wanting..a bit more?

i'm totally open here to disagreement.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
has anyone re-watched the games yet?

the live view gave me a mixed feeling on Lafreniere's play. id also want to look at the shift charts again to see how his 5v5 opportunities were less plentiful and might have contributed to lack of rhythm.

I know he put up 1apg, and that his physicality took a main caps Dman out of the series (on a play that led to a beautiful goal). also yes it's not fair to single out specific players. but did his play against wash leave anyone else wanting..a bit more?

i'm totally open here to disagreement.
I think the whole line was more quiet than in the regular season, but he had some chances that if he buried we'd probably be praising him to high heaven

His line is gonna have to fight through it and probably make decisions a bit faster than they did against the Caps

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
The important part is the number at the end, which I have bolded.

You can change X to twitter, but if there is anything in the URL after the bolded number, you have to remove it. Like so:

View attachment 863138

Alternately, you can just stick the number between media tags and it will work. That is what the site resolves it to when you use the above URL. If you quote someone who has done it correctly you will see this:

View attachment 863137

The website doesn't understand what X.com is, so it doesn't convert it to the proper media tags. I would have thought they would have updated the site by now to fix it, but then again, I'm not really surprised that they haven't.

AHA!! That's why I could never post Twitter posts!! Thank you so much!! It's fixed now. The "x" was the problem the entire time!!

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Haha. Ya mean the team that had more wins and more points and won 2 out of 3?
iirc, when we beat them in 2022 they had won more games and taken the season series 3-1. food for your thought.

i still think we take 'em in 6.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
And, they'll be telling us that they've been telling us all year that this team never had a chance, that they're tragically flawed, aren't tough enough, and that they're done with this team until everyone besides Othmann is traded.
WRONG!!!

...Othmann didn't score 50 goals in his AHL rookie season so now it's "until everyone besides Perreault is traded."

Reactions: Speedtrials

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Posted this in response to someone using the slur nickname for our team on the Stanley Cup Board.

“Isn’t this a silly game?
New York Rangers: takeaway the New York and the n, e, r and you get the “Rags”. The mods say that’s cool to use on the main board.
For me it opens an ugly door. Much like the “Broken Window Theory”.
But it can be applied to many teams.
Hurricanes: takeaway the h, 1r, c, a and you get “Urines”.
Welcome to your new nickname Carolina Urine fans.”

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Posted this in response to someone using the slur nickname for our team on the Stanley Cup Board.

“Isn’t this a silly game?
New York Rangers: takeaway the New York and the n, e, r and you get the “Rags”. The mods say that’s cool to use on the main board.
For me it opens an ugly door. Much like the “Broken Window Theory”.
But it can be applied to many teams.
Hurricanes: takeaway the h, 1r, c, a and you get “Urines”.
Welcome to your new nickname Carolina Urine fans.”
i feel like "Carolina Urine Cakes" has more of the right rhythm to it. syllabically, musically, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad