Round Two

SJ or Vegas?

• Total voters

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
See I dunno. It's the easiest solution but if you're only giving Nemeth 5-6 minutes a night with 4-5 of those minutes being on the Penalty Kill I just feel like you're going to make him a lot less effective being out of the game that long and then having to jump in cold to go kill penalties.

Especially on Defense you want your guys playing a regular shift and getting at least 10-12 minutes a night I think. I almost believe if you're only going to play Nemeth the 5-6 minutes a night you'd be better off sitting him and giving those minutes to a forward.

But who knows. I think that while its a very welcome situation to be in where we're complaining about having far to much depth... I definitely do think its a real problem that needs to be figured out.

Oh agreed, this is the first time in well over a decade that we haven't been sitting here thinking "I hope that _______ gets healthy fast so that we can get ______ out the lineup"

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Oh agreed, this is the first time in well over a decade that we haven't been sitting here thinking "I hope that _______ gets healthy fast so that we can get ______ out the lineup"
We have a log jam. The best kind

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If Girard is cleared to play, he has to be in the lineup. It's that simple for me and anything else would be a mistake.

Reactions: klozge

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
I was trying to find some stat along the lines of win % for team in their next round after playing a 7 game series. This is the closest I found (2012 though) if anyone's curious:

2. Seven-game series: There have been 52 seven-game series in the first round of the NHL playoffs since 1987. Teams that win a first-round series in seven games won 23 series and lost 29 series in the next round.

NHL Playoffs: 6 Stats You Might Not Know...

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I was trying to find some stat along the lines of win % for team in their next round after playing a 7 game series. This is the closest I found (2012 though) if anyone's curious:

2. Seven-game series: There have been 52 seven-game series in the first round of the NHL playoffs since 1987. Teams that win a first-round series in seven games won 23 series and lost 29 series in the next round.

So no big difference I assume. How does it look, If you won the series in 4? 5? 6? Odds are better?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
See I dunno. It's the easiest solution but if you're only giving Nemeth 5-6 minutes a night with 4-5 of those minutes being on the Penalty Kill I just feel like you're going to make him a lot less effective being out of the game that long and then having to jump in cold to go kill penalties.

Especially on Defense you want your guys playing a regular shift and getting at least 10-12 minutes a night I think. I almost believe if you're only going to play Nemeth the 5-6 minutes a night you'd be better off sitting him and giving those minutes to a forward.

But who knows. I think that while its a very welcome situation to be in where we're complaining about having far to much depth... I definitely do think its a real problem that needs to be figured out.

Some guys do well in those specialty situations in the playoffs though, where they sit most of the game, and then come on for big PK's. I can see Nemeth being that guy to get 10-12 minutes a game, and still do well with a lot of PK time. He's a low maintenance vet who's going to try and make the most of his minutes to earn a contract next year.

Zadorov is someone I would be a little concerned sitting that much though. Not because of his ability, but because when he's off his game it's due to being unfocused to begin with. He gets puck focused and his on ice awareness drops. The more he plays the more focused and into the game he is.

If Nemeth is totally outplaying Z though, I think you have to base your decision on that, but if it's close I'd sit Nemeth more.

Reactions: flyfysher

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Pretty funny how long it seems like Girard has been on the Avs, and how new Makar is, and yet Makar only has 2 less career playoff games.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006

Wonder how many of the 23 that won were against a team that only played 5 games in their first round series.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
They do have the awesomest player in the NHL...

Right?!

blake-comeau-of-the-dallas-stars-skates-against-the-toronto-maple-at-picture-id1052914864

:sarcasm:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Tonight is the night ladies. Go sharks

To be honest, I don't care who wins. I would like to see a game go triple overtime or longer though. But honestly, when it comes to match ups, I get that many want the most favorable one available. On the other hand, I want everyone to say we beat each and every single top team on our way to the cup. That is what made the late 90s/early 00's so fun. Everyone knew the path to the cup went through Colorado, Detroit and Dallas. You had to beat those teams. I don't want any glory stolen by a top team being knocked out before we get to play them. Bring it!

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
To be honest, I don't care who wins. I would like to see a game go triple overtime or longer though. But honestly, when it comes to match ups, I get that many want the most favorable one available. On the other hand, I want everyone to say we beat each and every single top team on our way to the cup. That is what made the late 90s/early 00's so fun. Everyone knew the path to the cup went through Colorado, Detroit and Dallas. You had to beat those teams. I don't want any glory stolen by a top team being knocked out before we get to play them. Bring it!
I wanted Vegas to win 2 games ago, so our series would happen sooner. Now I want the sharks

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00