Round Two

SJ or Vegas?

• Total voters

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I wanted Vegas to win 2 games ago, so our series would happen sooner. Now I want the sharks
Our series couldn't possible begin before the Eastern Conference battles ended. We won't get a winner out there until tomorrow's game between CAR-WaSH. No big deal.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I said I want sharks
I want whoever anyone thinks is a our tougher matchup. I want to test our metal. I happen to believe Vegas would prove a tougher opponent and believe more "experts" picked them taking the Sharks down. I would rather face them simply for that. If they all had Calgary coming out of round 1, then we got luck. If they all had Calgary coming out of round one and Vegas coming out of round 2, and we go to round three....they can't ignore that. I want the media to respect this team again. I want opposing teams to key on us. I want to see the Avs feared and respected again. It's been way too damn long.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I want whoever anyone thinks is a our tougher matchup. I want to test our metal. I happen to believe Vegas would prove a tougher opponent and believe more "experts" picked them taking the Sharks down. I would rather face them simply for that. If they all had Calgary coming out of round 1, then we got luck. If they all had Calgary coming out of round one and Vegas coming out of round 2, and we go to round three....they can't ignore that. I want the media to respect this team again. I want opposing teams to key on us. I want to see the Avs feared and respected again. It's been way too damn long.
Yah I don't feel the same

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yah I don't feel the same
Time to put the big boy britches on because this team is on the edge of breaking into the big time. Get used to it. There is no looking back for this group. Things are going to keep building and the stress will keep building until they win it or are blown up. That un-easy feeling means we they are pressing themselves to be better. It's a beautiful thing and every year from 1996 until 2004 I felt it. I knew my team on any given night was capable of winning but I also knew other teams were equally worthy. Some of those playoff series might have cut a year or two of my life but I wouldn't do a single thing different. This is a great time to be an Avalanche fan. Welcome the challenge of playing the consensus best every single night. To be the best, you have to beat the best and keep beating them.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Nathan MacKinnon is laying down to sleep not caring who the f*** he will be playing because he's listening to this...

Reactions: Avs_19

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't want to look too far ahead, but my gut tells me that Dallas is the worst matchup in the west for the Avs.

I feel like the Blues might be their toughest matchup, with the way they played down the stretch, and the way Binnington played especially. With Tampa out, they're my favorite to win the Cup.

There's a pretty cool potential storyline in a road to the Cup for the Avs though. Beat the son of former Av rival Tkachuk in round 1. Then beat former Av Stastny with Vegas in round 2. Then beat former Av O'Reilly with St Louis in round 3. Then beat former Av Duchene with CBJ for the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: Mules

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Sucks, but Vegas or SJ is gonna get an extra day off because the series starts Friday.

They’re lucky, because no other team is getting that extra break.

Reactions: Veritas0Aequitas

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Time to put the big boy britches on because this team is on the edge of breaking into the big time. Get used to it. There is no looking back for this group. Things are going to keep building and the stress will keep building until they win it or are blown up. That un-easy feeling means we they are pressing themselves to be better. It's a beautiful thing and every year from 1996 until 2004 I felt it. I knew my team on any given night was capable of winning but I also knew other teams were equally worthy. Some of those playoff series might have cut a year or two of my life but I wouldn't do a single thing different. This is a great time to be an Avalanche fan. Welcome the challenge of playing the consensus best every single night. To be the best, you have to beat the best and keep beating them.
Yah I understand harder competiton would be good, but there are 2 rounds after this one.

MildAvaholic

Jan 7, 2007
Houston, Texas
Posted in another thread, but here seems more appropriate.
I kinda want the Sharks. Why? Break out the tin foil.
All-Star game held in San Jose. One Nathan MacKinnon, due to injury, did not play. Therefore he didn't get to sore 8-10 meaningless goals in an All-Star game. Rather, those 8-10 goals due to be scored in the Shark Tank now will be paid forward into the playoffs. Mac will be lighting the lamp early and often.
It could happen, right?:naughty:

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I feel like those rooting for Vegas in this match might be alittle masochistic

Yep. As ‘ol Stumpy said in Out Cold:

04adf420-7c70-404f-a096-1809cfbf4881_text.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sharks are another tough and deep team so it won't be easy and the Avs will be underdogs again but I like this match up better than Vegas. Hopefully the tough seven game series took something out of them.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->