Round Two

SJ or Vegas?

• Total voters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Avs strength: Speed against an old team who might be without Pavelski.

Sharks strength: Point shots could absolutely rip us to shreds as they did to Fleury.

Avs strength: Can match Sharks production from the back end.

Sharks strength: Has the physicality to take over a match.

Avs strength: Trust Bednar's tactics a lot more than stone age DeBoer.

Sharks strength: Momentum is on their side.

Avs strength: The forecheque should take it to an injured Karlsson, no-defence Burns, aging Vlasic, and nobody else worth mentioning.

Sharks strength: A lot of players with heavy accurate shots who can go post and in whenever they want.

Reactions: MarkT

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Sharks strength: Point shots could absolutely rip us to shreds as they did to Fleury.

Avs strength: Can match Sharks production from the back end.

Sharks strength: Has the physicality to take over a match.

Avs strength: Trust Bednar's tactics a lot more than stone age DeBoer.

Sharks strength: Momentum is on their side.

Avs strength: The forecheque should take it to an injured Karlsson, no-defence Burns, aging Vlasic, and nobody else worth mentioning.

Sharks strength: A lot of players with heavy accurate shots who can go post and in whenever they want.

I think Meier and Hertl could be handfuls for the Avs to cover too. Couture always seems to have the Avs number too.

Makar vs Karlsson should be fun to watch too.

Reactions: timothy jimothy

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think Meier and Hertl could be handfuls for the Avs to cover too. Couture always seems to have the Avs number too.

MacK skating circles around Karlsson should be fun as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

If there is a single aspect of the Sharks which scare me, it's their shot strength especially on the PP. Grubs sort of struggles with screens, though not as much as Varlamov does. Sharks main system is to button hook on zone entries and get players to shoot from the top of the slots where as I said like four times already who can do some serious damage.

I don't think Couture is as good of a player as he is currently, but he's as hot as anybody coming into the second round. Deadly player at the moment.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Hello, Oilers fan checking in! I don't want to speak for the group but I would think it is safe to say that we Oilers fans will be behind you guys again in round 2. Our hatred for Calgary is unparalleled, but we also hold a general distain for the Sharks.

That B.S. call tonight that went their way is indicative of how they are to play in a series. When we played them two years ago they got away with all sorts of general holding and interference.

I think your team will have a great foot speed advantage again, and we can keep our fingers crossed that Jones returns to his garbage form.

Good luck to you all in the second round ! I'll be rooting for yah.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If there is a single aspect of the Sharks which scare me, it's their shot strength especially on the PP. Grubs sort of struggles with screens, though not as much as Varlamov does. Sharks main system is to button hook on zone entries and gets plays to shoot from the top of the slots where as I said like four times already who can do some serious damage.
Stay out of the penalty box should be rule #1.

Reactions: S E P H

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hello, Oilers fan checking in! I don't want to speak for the group but I would think it is safe to say that we Oilers fans will be behind you guys again in round 2. Our hatred for Calgary is unparalleled, but we also hold a general distain for the Sharks.

That B.S. call tonight that went their way is indicative of how they are to play in a series. When we played them two years ago they got away with all sorts of general holding and interference.

I think your team will have a great foot speed advantage again, and we can keep our fingers crossed that Jones returns to his garbage form.

Good luck to you all in the second round ! I'll be rooting for yah.

Same thing in our playoff series years ago, and seemingly every time we play them in SJ.

timothy jimothy

Apr 12, 2019
I think the Sharks will come into the series on that high of winning game 7 the way they did, but got to think our rest and speed matches up well against them later into the series.

My prediction is Avs in 6.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think the Sharks will come into the series on that high of winning game 7 the way they did, but got to think our rest and speed matches up well against them later into the series.

My prediction is Avs in 6.

I think there's a really good chance they have an adrenaline dump after that win, and come out flat in game 1. Hopefully at least.

Reactions: MarkT

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
The big forwards will give us fits. Calgary doesn't have a heavy forward group and couldn't establish a forecheck.

Despite their plodding nature if Burns and EK hit the Sharks forwards in stride and they can chip the puck deep they'll be able to retrieve it.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I think this is the net case scenario, obviously both teams are very good, but I think Vegas is much more of a nightmare for us.

The Sharks were absolutely gassed tonight, they’re slow to begin with, are dealing with some unfortunate injuries (I really hope Pavs is okay) and a goaltender who has had some major consistency problems. I think their Norris winning dmen will have a lot of troubles with MacK as they aren’t the best in terms of shut down ability, especially when Karlson isn’t at 100%.

If we’re going to win we need to play like we did once Calgary and attack in waves of speed. The Sharks don’t have the same defensive depth the Flames do and we need to make them pay for it with a heavy fore check.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Yep. Especially because the Avs give the points the freedom to shoot and are more concerned with taking away the middle. Gotta hope Nemeth, Cole, and EJ are down to block a lot of shots because they'll be coming. I don't have the shot heat charts from previous games on hand but I generally look at them after games...and going back years now the stats back up the eye test regarding the Sharks getting a ton of shots from each of the points, particularly against the Avs.

That and Meier and Hertl are their big threat. Meier is a firecracker, absolutely love how he plays.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yep. Especially because the Avs give the points the freedom to shoot and are more concerned with taking away the middle. Gotta hope Nemeth, Cole, and EJ are down to block a lot of shots because they'll be coming. I don't have the shot heat charts from previous games on hand but I generally look at them after games...and going back years now the stats back up the eye test regarding the Sharks getting a ton of shots from each of the points, particularly against the Avs.

That and Meier and Hertl are their big threat. Meier is a firecracker, absolutely love how he plays.
Meier was a BEAST in that OT. Love him and Hertl. Two extremely skilled & big guys.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So basically every other day starting Friday. That's the way I like it. None of that 2 days off BS.

Reactions: McMetal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad