Round Two

SJ or Vegas?

• Total voters

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I feel like all the media people are going to continue to predict we'll lose every round because they already predicted we'd be out in the first. If we lose in the second they can say "Oh, well they only won because Calgary blew it. I was still right to pick the Avs to lose - see? They lost in round two just I predicted". f*** em all. They act like they know hockey but they only watch teams the media cares about.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I feel like all the media people are going to continue to predict we'll lose every round because they already predicted we'd be out in the first. If we lose in the second they can say "Oh, well they only won because Calgary blew it. I was still right to pick the Avs to lose - see? They lost in round two just I predicted". **** em all. They act like they know hockey but they only watch teams the media cares about.
If we split the first 2 games, then half of them will start saying we will win the round.

I've already heard some analysts say we might come out of the West.

We're probably going to lose game 1, because we do everything the hard way, but hopefully we win game 2.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
If we split the first 2 games, then half of them will start saying we will win the round.

I've already heard some analysts say we might come out of the West.

We're probably going to lose game 1, because we do everything the hard way, but hopefully we win game 2.

Yeah I'd say there's a certain percentage of media people who actually did watch the Avs in the first round and now want to hop on board because they don't want to be wrong again.

I'm not going to forget though that every single NHL.com writer picked the Avs to lose in round 1.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Craig Button and Ray Ferraro have been pretty kind to the Avs. I do not have the same hope against either SJ or VGK as I did against the flames, but I also did not except Mike Smith to play as well as he did so who knows!

My heart says SJ but my head says VGK.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Vegas doesn't really scare me for some reason I think we would walk their defense and win in 5.
San Jose on the other hand.. I dont like that match up near as much

Vegas has the personnel to impact our transition-game & breakouts. Barrie, Makar, Girard, MacK & Jimmothy are going to make it hard for a lot of teams to prevent us from breaking into the offensive zone with speed, but one of the best ways to neutralize them is with a forecheck fast enough to disrupt things in our own zone. And Vegas is going to pose a lot more of a challenge in that respect, than would SJ.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Anyone else starting to feel we have a chance to reach the final? I think we have. So many random things happening. Avalanche in the final would be cherry on top.

The west has really opened up for us. Though I don't expect it because Vegas would be the worst matchup in the west for us if we face them in the next round.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Spoilers will be out on thursday though. Imagine spending 3 months trying to be spoiler free

*shrug* it's not that bad. I still haven't had Breaking Bad spoiled for me & didn't have the Thanos movie spoiled for me even though I didn't watch it for months.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This... the upsets in the 1st round have cleared a path to where I think Vegas is the worst matchup for the Avs, and I think the Avs even stand a chance there.

Yeah, things have really lined up for us if we can continue our recent form & our secondary scoring can continue to chip in. It's been a blast already that has us playing with house money; since this squad still has holes to fill before we should expect to fight for the cup and because winning 1 round already ensured that this season would be a step forward from last year...but that doesn't mean the ride has to end any time soon, even if we have to do things the hard way & go through Vegas.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
As terrible as the Avs have been against SJ, SJ has looked very slow and is playing with basically 5 D. I think Karlsson and Vlasic still aren't 100% and unless Martin Jones is going to play like that every game the Avs should be able to pile up the points.

Vegas has the depth up front to really disrupt the Avs scoring and they have the secret weapon of an ex Avs player in Stastny.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
If Girard is back I would make Nemo the 7th defenseman

EJ-G
TB4-Z
Cole-Makar
Nemo

Have Makar alternate playing with Cole and Nemo, and also with Barrie/Girard for O-Zone face-offs. We have so many options at D it's crazy.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
If Girard is back I would make Nemo the 7th defenseman

EJ-G
TB4-Z
Cole-Makar
Nemo

Have Makar alternate playing with Cole and Nemo, and also with Barrie/Girard for O-Zone face-offs. We have so many options at D it's crazy.
I want Barrie / Makar to be a thing. Makar is good enough defensively to make it work IMO.

Plus he needs to keep getting top minutes. He's more than capable

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This... the upsets in the 1st round have cleared a path to where I think Vegas is the worst matchup for the Avs, and I think the Avs even stand a chance there.
If Vegas wins game 7 and beats the Avs then I wouldn't be surprised if they go on to win the Cup, especially if Capitals bow out at some point in the playoffs as well. I think the worst match up for us is the Blues quite easily.

Reactions: McMetal

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
G is back! I was worried we would have to wait until next year to see our full D line up. Super excited about this.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00