Prospect Info: Round 3, Pick #72: Tyrell Goulbourne, Forward, Kelowna (WHL)

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Been reading up about him and watching clips on him, I'm not longer upset that we drafted him, he seems like a nice roleplayer, but we still could have and should have drafted him 1-2-3 rounds later, as he probably would have still been available.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
:laugh::laugh:

Ya.... just like all those other 4th liners that do what Rinaldo does and gets drafted in the 2nd. Nice troll I guess though?

Whether you like it or not, these guys DO have a place in the nhl. Rinaldo gradually got his act together and played his role pretty near perfect towards the end of the season. Drawing penalties, hitting, fighting, keeping players honest to an extent. Every team in the league wants a guy like that.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
Been reading up about him and watching clips on him, I'm not longer upset that we drafted him, he seems like a nice roleplayer, but we still could have and should have drafted him 1-2-3 rounds later, as he probably would have still been available.

Probably, but if they were that high on him, you take him when you KNOW you can get him, I would think. That said, I don't know why they would be that high on him, but then I've never heard of the kid, and don't really know anything much about these kids anyway.

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
Probably, but if they were that high on him, you take him when you KNOW you can get him, I would think. That said, I don't know why they would be that high on him, but then I've never heard of the kid, and don't really know anything much about these kids anyway.

Only logical if you don't care about value (which I would say is illogical).

Broad st phantom

Oct 28, 2005
philadelphia
Goul is apparently Rinaldo 2.0. Thats fine, I've became a big Rinaldo fan this season. Almost sounds like Homer is trying to build a very gritty 4th paring that is capable of destroying teams through body checking. Or at least having that option on the 3rd and forth, if Goul ever makes it. Some of the older guys at my work tell me Homer was one of the best body checkers they've ever seen, maybe he has a soft spot for players that share this attribute.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
From what I've seen the kid can throw both hands and can actually play hockey. Which is better than the shelleys of the world.

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
Rinaldo/Goul/Cousins

Could be one of the nastiest 4th lines in a long timeeeeee

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Rinaldo/Goul/Cousins

Could be one of the nastiest 4th lines in a long timeeeeee

Move cousins to the third, put Mathers on the 4th. Every team in the league would hate playing the Flyers.

Rinaldo, Cousins, Goul, Schenn, Grossman, Simmonds, Morin, Mathers, Hartnell (if he is still around). That is half the team of guys who can really get under your skin or just flat out hammer you.

peacepipe

Mar 7, 2006
Philadelphia,PA
Move cousins to the third, put Mathers on the 4th. Every team in the league would hate playing the Flyers.

Rinaldo, Cousins, Goul, Schenn, Grossman, Simmonds, Morin, Mathers, Hartnell (if he is still around). That is half the team of guys who can really get under your skin or just flat out hammer you.

If only you could win games like mutant league hockey

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Cousins would just hide behind the ref or one of those guys listed.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If only you could win games like mutant league hockey

Haha. I think to a certain extent you can. It's not going to win you every game, but if you are playing a 7 game series against a particularly soft team and you have bangers like these guys out there, that will certainly give you an edge. Especially if they can actually play hockey, like most of the aforementioned players can.

Fine by me. There's plenty of options to hide behind. Haha.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
It's okay with you if someone grabs Schenn fights him because they can't get to Cousins? At best, Schenn sits for 5 minutes for fighting; at worst, he gets injured and is out multiple games. That still okay?

Alrighty then...

Sure. I think it's pretty clear that the number of times that would happen is going to be relatively low. There are pests all over this league that don't "back it up" by fighting. Someone else will step in, or there just won't be a fight. If every now and then Cousins pisses someone off and some one else fights in the end, who cares? Most, if not all, of those guys are going to get a couple fighting majors anyway. Are you really worried about Schenn getting injured in a fight because of Cousins? I sure hope not. If you are, would you be worried about him getting injured in a fight because someone went after Giroux? What about someone who gets in the face of Emery/Mason? Fights happen. Injuries happen. Get over it.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

Fine by me. Its all part of the game. I still look at Brad Marchand. A 5'9" pisser. There always will be a place for players like this on every team. To get a team off their game is fine by me. I have been watching hockey for close to 50 years and even though I love football and baseball, there is no other sport that gets me jacked than hockey. Without a doubt hockey players are the most down to earth pro sports players I know hands down. Sorry for the rant, but I am pulling for a young man like Nick to make it.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Kenny "The Rat" Linseman redux...

linseman.jpg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Fine by me. Its all part of the game. I still look at Brad Marchand. A 5'9" pisser. There always will be a place for players like this on every team. To get a team off their game is fine by me. I have been watching hockey for close to 50 years and even though I love football and baseball, there is no other sport that gets me jacked than hockey. Without a doubt hockey players are the most down to earth pro sports players I know hands down. Sorry for the rant, but I am pulling for a young man like Nick to make it.

Well I'm just staying consistent with bashings. I give Marchand & Subban **** all the time because they pull that stuff & never drop the gloves.

I'm not saying you have to drop them all the time but at least once in a while you have to answer for your actions & Cousins doesn't do that because he's a petrified when it comes to fighting.

Rinaldo is a pest & still will fight anyone. Going back ever further to Barnaby's playing days he was the biggest JO in the league but he would start his **** & then go find the biggest guy on the ice & drop them (he would get his *** handed to him 99% of the time but he didn't back down). I can at least respect guys like that but the Subban's, Marchand's, & Cousins' of the world their act gets old. I'm sure their teammates feel the same way at times too when they constantly have to answer the bell for these guys BS.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Well I'm just staying consistent with bashings. I give Marchand & Subban **** all the time because they pull that stuff & never drop the gloves.

I'm not saying you have to drop them all the time but at least once in a while you have to answer for your actions & Cousins doesn't do that because he's a petrified when it comes to fighting.

Rinaldo is a pest & still will fight anyone. Going back ever further to Barnaby's playing days he was the biggest JO in the league but he would start his **** & then go find the biggest guy on the ice & drop them (he would get his *** handed to him 99% of the time but he didn't back down). I can at least respect guys like that but the Subban's, Marchand's, & Cousins' of the world their act gets old. I'm sure their teammates feel the same way at times too when they constantly have to answer the bell for these guys BS.

I'd prefer him to be the one backing it up as well, but even if he doesn't, I'm cool with it. Like I said, it's not like everytime Cousins pisses someone off there is going to be a fight involving another teammate. I'm sure it will happen. Some times someone will step in. Other times Cousins will be forced to fight whether he wants to or not. Other times there will be no fight. This is not an uncommon scenario.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'd prefer him to be the one backing it up as well, but even if he doesn't, I'm cool with it. Like I said, it's not like everytime Cousins pisses someone off there is going to be a fight involving another teammate. I'm sure it will happen. Some times someone will step in. Other times Cousins will be forced to fight whether he wants to or not. Other times there will be no fight. This is not an uncommon scenario.

I wouldn't count on it, he racked up 261 PIM during four years in the OHL & only had 1 fighting major.

He didn't receive a fighting major here but this is more of his MO.

I get that he's a terrible fighter but so is B. Schenn & that doesn't stop him from dropping them when needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad